Robert Schimmel's Mug Shot -- A Sticky Situation

5/5/2009 2:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Robert SchimmelThis is comedian Robert Schimmel's mug shot after he was arrested for felony domestic violence last week.

There's nothing funny about that.

Atlanta Private Investigator

The rates of domestic violence has increased dramatically recently, and it's not just the men hitting the women! So sad.

1909 days ago

fred smilek

He looks upset..it looks like domestic violation. He deserves it all!

1909 days ago

Sue_Ellen

This man looks odd - like maybe he has a disease? clearly he has a problem is a lady gets the better of him in a domestic

1909 days ago

mwtrag

Robert Schimmel is a very cool guy. And although I dont know what happened I do know these things

a) hes a small guy
b) hes weak from the cancer that ravaged his body
c) he looks banged up
d) women fly off the handle these days

I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. The cops could have mad the wrong decision. If they show up and the woman says "he hit me first" and schimmel says "she hit me first" but the woman is crying they may choose to take her side and arrest him.

Judging by the damage inflicted on him I would say SHE should definitely have been arrested as well. Good luck Robert - get your family life sorted out. - Matt

1909 days ago

tazmorocks

hehehee
i chuckled

1908 days ago

Saylmasboytoy

I bought the book and the guy in the mugshot sure doesn't look like the guy on the cover of the book. The guy in the mugshot looks like HE caught the wipping.I have looked everywhere and have not seen a picture of his wife with a mark on her.Somebody did this to him ... where do self defense and domestic violence part ways. This man has survived cancer and now devotes his life to helping others with cancer. Does anyone posting on this blog know first hand all the facts.Or are we on a witch hunt because it sells papers and boosts pages like this.Until we know everything there is to know shouldn't we give this guy the same benefit we would like extended to ourselves.

1908 days ago

veryprettybrowneyedgirl

He looks like a junkie....a rode-hard-put-up-wet-ex-partyhaggard-looking waste, with no sense left in his mushy-brain.
He deserves what he gets...jail time!
He survived cancer? well, what a way to celebrate coming through it.
Smacking the sh*t out of his wife, and abusing her physically and I am sure verbally.
Look at the pathetic band-aid hanging from his face...just for sympathy's sake!
Bwa-hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

1908 days ago

Tomas

Is there any pics of her, for all we know she's probably fine and Robert's the one who got the beating look at that handsome mug, he's the one who's probably innocent , dam gold diggers when will they learn hopefully this one will

1908 days ago

Katie

I don't think people should jump to conclusions. Absolutely nothing has been proven and I don't think Robert should be judged poorly. Also, just look at him. He looks like he's been banged up! He's a small man and in this picture has some wounds of his own! Let's let Robert have the benefit of the doubt here, and let's not jump to conclusions because of what is "alleged" or because of what a gossip article wants us to believe.

1908 days ago