« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Manny Ramirez

I'm Sorry, So Sorry...

5/7/2009 1:31 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0507_manny_ramirez_bn_tmz_0-1Manny Ramirez just released the following statement regarding his 50 game suspension for violating the MLB drug policy:

"Recently I saw a physician for a personal health issue. He gave me a medication, not a steroid, which he thought was OK to give me.

Unfortunately, the medication was banned under our drug policy. Under the policy, that mistake is now my responsibility. I've been advised not to say anything more for now.

I do want to say one other thing; I've taken and passed about 15 drug tests over the past 5 seasons.

I want to apologize to Mr. McCourt, Mrs. McCourt, Mr. Torre, my teammates, the Dodger organization, and to the Dodger fans. L.A. is a special place to me and I know everybody is disappointed. So am I. I'm sorry about this whole situation."

According to the MLB Players Association, Manny has waived his right to challenge that suspension.

Los Angeles Dodgers CEO Jamie McCourt issued the following statement in reaction to today's statement: "We share the disappointment felt by our fans, our players, and every member of our organization. We support the policies of Major League Baseball, and we will welcome Manny back upon his return."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Balloon Dude

Dodgers has a rough 50 games ahead of them. You are a fool if you think they can win like they have been winning lately, without Manny.

J-Pyro

Fail. Sucks to be Manny, but it's even funnier to laugh at all of the Sox fans that are just getting flamed now.

samadamman

This guy is full of it. These athletes do not put anything into their body without knowing what it is. Especially in this day and age of testing and steroid abuse. Manny cry me a river.......you cheated.....you got caught....enjoy your 50 days off!!!!!!

artie help

1st BITCHES ,and I love manny !!!! boriqua

Penguin65201

You broke my heart Manny. I hope the Dodgers keep winning without you! This could be Martin's time to step it up and SHINE!!! GO DODGERS!!!

Spider

This is a bunch of crap. It's all scripted.

Ut Oh

Yep blame it on the prednisone

Bluecrew

Manny screwed up. No worries..cause with or without him, the dodgers will be fine. Though for some reason I do find all this suspect. Anyway, Dodgers are World series bound....GO DODGERS!!!

Just my opinion

Manny being Manny

Very Interesting

What a frickin joke.. With the money this guy makes, he should not just simply take any medication that his doctor gives him (if that story is even true!!!) WITHOUT having a 3rd party such as MLB to make sure it is ok. It is just like movie stars or other athletes that makes millions and STILL get a DUI! With the money you make, you should get a driver when you drink.

And in this story, Manny should have had his so called medication tested before taking it. Which is my entire point- this excuse is TOTAL BS!!!

I bet A-Rod is smiling now knowing the heat is off of him for the time being!!!

1965 days ago

They about to get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used drugs but didn't know that it was drugs,hogwash,just like the pitcher for the phillies,lies all liars,and all the MLB team turn there back on drugs,not a very credible sport anymore,just like Boxing

karit

I want to know what this "medication" was that his doc prescribed to him and what the "personal" health issue was. Don't these players know exactly what is allowed and what isn't? Even if the player didn't know, wouldn't a doctor know? I assume these docs that pro athletes see are privy to this kind of necessary information. DUH! This doesn't make sense...not buying it at all!!!

Chucky

Manny: I'm Sorry, I'm just a Dumb Ass Loser. I'm Sorry. Get the eff outta here. Go PADRES!!! You all will see.

M

Sounds just like Paula Abdul. There all a bunch of liers..

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments