« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Manny Ramirez

I'm Sorry, So Sorry...

5/7/2009 1:31 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0507_manny_ramirez_bn_tmz_0-1Manny Ramirez just released the following statement regarding his 50 game suspension for violating the MLB drug policy:

Unfortunately, the medication was banned under our drug policy. Under the policy, that mistake is now my responsibility. I've been advised not to say anything more for now.

I do want to say one other thing; I've taken and passed about 15 drug tests over the past 5 seasons.

I want to apologize to Mr. McCourt, Mrs. McCourt, Mr. Torre, my teammates, the Dodger organization, and to the Dodger fans. L.A. is a special place to me and I know everybody is disappointed. So am I. I'm sorry about this whole situation."

According to the MLB Players Association, Manny has waived his right to challenge that suspension.

Los Angeles Dodgers CEO Jamie McCourt issued the following statement in reaction to today's statement: "We share the disappointment felt by our fans, our players, and every member of our organization. We support the policies of Major League Baseball, and we will welcome Manny back upon his return."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Just my opinion

Go ASTROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

this blows

Ned

What a liar. Hope he gets fatter and goes away. He's a puke.

The Minutemen

What do you expect from Puerto Ricans!!!

JIM WHITTAKER, Hemet, CA

Obviously, this is all George Bush's fault!

Gypsy

I'm soooo sick and tired of the same old lame excuse. My doctor thought. I thought... If I were making millions of dollars I would dahm make sure the drugs I were given were legal and were not banned. He should get kicked out of the league with the rest of the abusers.

oprah & michel hater

YEAH RIGHT HES SORRY....sorry that he got caught!

Carrys F.

The doctor made me take it excuse. Perhaps he should have seen a doctor that has actual experience with what MLB players are banned from taking. Don't the Dodgers have doctors on staff who know this? Oh, that's right. We're supposed to just buy his statement that he just went to some fool doctor. Yeah. I believe that. Yeah. Hey, there's a pig flying outside my front door.

Lindsay

he didn't challenge the suspension cause hes a lazy fat f*&k!

serves him right.

go sox!!!!

pat

what a loser no wonder he was so "good" I wonder if he stiil gets paid

m

The only thing he is sorry about is the fact he got caught. They need to permanently ban him from the sport.

M.P.

"Recently I saw a physician for a personal health issue. He gave me a medication, not a steroid, which he thought was OK to give me." That's what they ALL say!

anna

So give the Dodgers the money back!! You obviously wont be earning it!!

LADtc1

all i have to say about this is..... WHAT. AN. IDIOT!
how dumb can you be?! doesnt he have like 10 lawyers? arent they hired to protect their client from making dumb decisions?! WOW amazing.
But hopefully this doesnt bring down the team too much. He was praised too much anyways!
LETS FOCUS ON THE PLAYERS THAT ARE SMART and CHEER ON THE DODGERS FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON!
Besides, the best looking player (ANDRE ETHIER) is still playing
so I could care less about this drama king.

my my my

SORRY -- SORRY YOU WERE CAUGHT. DEMANDS HIGH PAY BUT DOESN'T PLAY BY THE RULES.... CAUGHT. THE DODGERS GOT WHAT THEY DESERVED.. WHAT A CREEP.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments