« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Manny Ramirez

I'm Sorry, So Sorry...

5/7/2009 1:31 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0507_manny_ramirez_bn_tmz_0-1Manny Ramirez just released the following statement regarding his 50 game suspension for violating the MLB drug policy:

"Recently I saw a physician for a personal health issue. He gave me a medication, not a steroid, which he thought was OK to give me.

Unfortunately, the medication was banned under our drug policy. Under the policy, that mistake is now my responsibility. I've been advised not to say anything more for now.

I do want to say one other thing; I've taken and passed about 15 drug tests over the past 5 seasons.

I want to apologize to Mr. McCourt, Mrs. McCourt, Mr. Torre, my teammates, the Dodger organization, and to the Dodger fans. L.A. is a special place to me and I know everybody is disappointed. So am I. I'm sorry about this whole situation."

According to the MLB Players Association, Manny has waived his right to challenge that suspension.

Los Angeles Dodgers CEO Jamie McCourt issued the following statement in reaction to today's statement: "We share the disappointment felt by our fans, our players, and every member of our organization. We support the policies of Major League Baseball, and we will welcome Manny back upon his return."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

UGGGGHHH

A FRAUD CLEMAROID MANNY FRAUD
A ROID CLEMFRAUD MANNYROID
A HOLE CLEM HOLE MANNYAHOLE

WHAT A DISGRACE THESE IDIOTS ARE

THEY WILL ALL MAKE THE HALL OF SHAME!!!!! AND WILL NEVER GET INTO THE HALL OF FAME..............

1996 days ago

HA HA

Were pissin' here in Beantown, fool................

1996 days ago

UGGGGHHH

Manny is sticking his tongue out saying GIVE ME ANOTHER HIT Doc.

THE DODGERS MUST BE VERY PROUD OF THEMSELVES... NOT

1996 days ago

shabbs69

hahahaha Cleveland loves to see this, piece of crap!!!!

1996 days ago

Jan

Is he going for a sex change??? He took female hormones for goodness sake! He's just another baseball LOSER!!!!!

1996 days ago

Terri

Well surprising to say the least -- on the kinds of drugs taken -- I guess. hCG = female fertility drug and than artificial testosterone. hCG is usually used by steriod users to restart their natural testosterone -- taken from ESPN website. He'll lose $7 mil during his 50 game suspension, still have 15 mil to come home to. Like that's a loss? Puhlease. Yet another example of an overpaid athelete!!!!

1996 days ago

skanky skanks

this is all SARAH PALIN'S fault.

1994 days ago

Interracial facial

Remember school days before diversity and integration? And after? Your neighborhood went bad and everyone wound up on drugs. Well, the same thing happened with MLB. When the national pastime opened up to the 3rd world south of the border, it became a druggie ghetto full of juiced cheaters. And that's why the majors are still full of ManRoids. LOL!

1994 days ago