Prosecutor to Ron White: You're Goin' Down!

5/7/2009 3:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ron WhiteSometimes a cigar isn't just a cigar --because officials in North Dakota are planning on going after Ron White for illegally firing up a stogie during his stand-up act.

Sources tell TMZ the Bismarck City Attorney's office will pursue the complaint, filed by the police department, when a plain-clothed officer witnessed White breaking a city ordinance against smoking in a public place.

According to the cop, and anyone else who's ever seen or heard of Ron White, the comedian lit and smoked his cigar at least three different times during the show.

We're told since it was White's first infraction, he'll only have to pay a $100 fine.

Ron's camp refused to comment about the incident.

erock11

first again!

anna

This is such an enormous waste of time! 3 puffs on a cigar? Its not like it was laced with hash oil!! Get a life Bismarck !!

Why do you care?

Oh Ron, they can't leave you alone. Please becareful and try to keep the pot off ya when they ticket you. I have sat front row on 4 shows this year and the smoking is who and what the gig is.

Don't go, your choice, but leave him alone already, he is going to go all Nick Nolte someday and I don't think we should push him over the edge over a cigar. Right Mr. Clinton?

win

$100 fine? That's CHEAP publicity! Keep firing them up, Ron!

Carl

Many towns have an exemption in their no smoking laws to allow for smoking for theatrical purposes. Instead of wasting their time pursuing this charge, maybe Bismark could look into changing the law.

blucy2

wow, sounds like new material to me LOL- Now he's a fugitive... run tater run

420 GIRL

$100 fine and it costs them thousands to get back!

greeneyedlass

Wonder if anyone at the venue bothered to inform him that smoking was not allowed. Bet not.

jen

Our liberty is being stripped away day by day!

justme

OMG...quick, get the cuffs! How rediculous is this whole thing. I happen to LOVE Ron White, and am now looking forward to hearing the WHOLE story in his next Comedy Central special!

To blucy2...LMAO - run tater run!

Triple Play

If that asn't Redneck justice nothing else is. I hope that he never does a show in that half ass iceberg of a state. Why would anyone want to go there anyway?

DJ Silkee

It's junk like this that makes me ashamed to be from North Dakota... prior to White's performance, local chat room and discussion logs were a-blaze with the "will they or won't they" fine him banter... I stood firmly on my grounds that it is preposterous for them to want to fine him for this. 3 puffs of a stogie - ooooh we'll all get lung cancer now! good grief! But I'll bet you anything it's the anticipation banter that prompted them to seat a cop in the audience. He's Ron friggin' White not some jerk in a restaurant firing up a cigarette next to a table with children - or firing up at a hospital - or on school grounds.... It's an entertainment show. He certainly wasn't seeking out to do harm to anyone in the audience! I think my state ought to show some class and say "Please be mindful next time you're here." Instead, they alientate us and now Ron White most likely will never come back... here's a BIG middle finger to Bismarck!

tarded

How stupid- it's FANTASTIC now that the NAZIS are back in power here in the U.S.

JOKER

Ron can afford the fine, if it's imposed. He'll get at least a few thousand dollars worth of material from it. Hell, I got a disturbing the peace citation at the Sturgis bike rally, back in 1990 and I framed it for a place of honor on my wall.

DJ Silkee

Joker2U, you must've done something REALLY rowdy! To get a citation like that at STURGIS? hahahahahaha Heck, I'd probably be proud, too, if I were you! Sturgis is a rally where anything goes........

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments