Rev Run's Son Popped for Weed

5/9/2009 12:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rap legend Rev Run's teenage son Joseph Simmons Jr. was arrested tonight for possession of marijuana.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ the 19-year old was seen allegedly buying the marijuana and rolling a joint while sitting in a car on Manhattan's Upper West Side. We're told he tried to get away by throwing his car into reverse, and nearly backed into the officer's car.

Simmons Jr, known as JoJo on the MTV reality show "Run's House," was also booked for resisting arrest, attempted reckless endangerment, and criminal use of drug paraphernalia.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

grayfox515

I Guess the only way you are forgiven by the American public is to be an olympic Gold Medal winner. It's sad we live in a society that the rules may change according to your skin color, people we must change, let he who is sinless cast the first stone. My God continue to bless Rev.Run and his family.

1990 days ago

eric

omg, on the show they make it seem like a big ass deal...it was just weed! i wouldnt be suprised if he used his lil incident with the cops in his songs. he is so spoiled! i cant stand him!

1936 days ago

Vanessa Rochea

#1) I have seen some of the episodes for the 6th season and it will be shown on this season...at least they do talk about it.

1971 days ago

shawn

Whats up with jojo he still a jit not a big boy hes messing around with big boys toys he better have learned his life lesson im just gonna pray for the silly boy

1949 days ago

SoLo

I dont see what the big deal is, its only weed. People act like its crack or coke. Atleast hes not using a needle and shooting heroin. Understandable drugs aren't tolerable in the run family. But for everyone else making a big deal out of it... its just weed.

1948 days ago

gummyotter

Crazy Oldie you're a dumbass.

1948 days ago

MzTyTy3008

Honestly, they is going to come a time in one's life when they are going to give into peer pressere or just regular old temptation. I honestly believe that JoJo will be okay. We all make mistakes, and we all pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and move on. That is exactly what JoJo is going to do. We can't hold this against him for the rest of his life and/or career. He wil definetely be all right with the support of his family, friends, and fans. I am truly a fan of JoJo, and I won't let this little "MARI JANE" thing affect my feelings and perceptions about him. Tupac smoked "MARI JANE" and look how many people still love him. So all ya'll haters need to just leave JoJo alone. With prayer and faith, he will make it through this very tough and difficult time in his life. AND ANOTHER THING HATERS.....DON'T ACT LIKE YA'LL DON'T HAVE AT LEAST ONE FAMILY MEMBER IN YA'LL FAMILY THAT DO DRUGS. Everybody has SOMEONE in their family that does do drugs or drinks alchohol excessively. But JoJo, I believe you will be just fine, and I am praying for you and your family. LOTS OF LOVE AND RESPECT!!!

1948 days ago

DDavis123

Its always the preacher sons

1947 days ago

feedthemthebull

JUST SAW THE "RUN'S HOUSE" WHERE THEY TALKED ABOUT THE ARREST. JOJO WAS VISIBLY ASHAMED AND DIDN'T LOOK IN THE CAMERA ONCE. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH SMOKING THE BUD. HE EMBRASSED HIS FAMILY AND THAT'S BETWEEN HIM AND HIS OWN. ANYBODY WITH A PROBLEM WITH ANYONE GETTING ARRESTED AND THEY'RE IN THE PUBLIC EYE,SHOULD REALIZE THAT CELEBRITIES ARE HUMAN TOO.

1947 days ago

dc

WOW! I just thought he was smarter then that. JO JO, You have everything financially I wish I had. Try livining in DC in the Urban part of the city where I live. I see people smoking weed every day. I'm raising 2 girls and a boy. It's Hard but you can do it. Peer Pressure is everywhere keep your head up, continue your rap career, continue to be a positve role model for your little brothers, love, listen and respect your parents and with the help of prayer and GOD you can overcome anything. STAY SAFE AND DRUG FREE.

1947 days ago

florida bound

I agree no one knows what goes on behind the sceens. If you can't tell by the show he was very upset about what he had done and he does not just get by for being the son of Rev. Run. He is like his sisters they started their own business and Jojo and working to earn his own. The could have just allowed the media to take and run with it and not choose to address the issue but they did as a family. I think that he really learned his lesson. They delt with the issue as a family and I believe that Jojo learned his lesson.

1947 days ago

JACK

Maybe he should go on the celebrity rehab show, for a reality check!

1946 days ago

wdtr9618

"Well, when you have no formal education, no skills, no job, and you don't play football; what else is there to do?"
Dr. Jaffy: House of Pain

1946 days ago

byrde

THEY DID SHOW THIS ON TV. UNLIKE ALL THE OTHER REALITY SHOWS, THEY ARE A REAL FAMILY THAT SHOWS US ALL OF THE TRUTH. FROM THEIR BABY PASSING TO JOJO GETTING ARRESTED. THEY BAILED HIM OUT AND TALKED TO THE LAWYER ON TV. SO BITE THEIR BUTTS ALL OF YOU WHO GOT A PROBLEM. HE IS A TEEN, ALL TEENS EXPERIMENT, YOU DID TOO, BE HONEST. HE IS NOT A THUG, HE MADE A MISTAKE. TO ALL YOU HATERS

1945 days ago

Mrs. R

I am proud of the way the family handled the situation on the show. That's the way to stick together as a family and steer your adult child in the right direction; with love, support, yet a stern hand. I have adult children, so I can appreciate the way Rev Run, Justine and JoJo's mother decided to come together. Great example for those who do not know what to do.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5