« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

LaLa -- Racist Mavericks Fans Attacked Me First

5/12/2009 6:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

LalaCarmelo Anthony's fiance LaLa Vazquez has released a statement claiming racial taunts and violent threats from Dallas Mavericks fans incited her at last night's NBA playoff game:

"Obviously the play-off games bring out the best and the worst in fans but what happened on Monday night with the racial slurs/threats, verbal attacks on my son and physical attacks to myself by irate fans was unacceptable. The fans were totally out of control.

What the cameras captured was me defending myself and didn't show the abuse that was taking place."

Footage shot at last night's game showed LaLa cursing and getting hostile as security tried to escort her out of the stands.

The Mavs and the Nugs are set to face off again tomorrow night.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Nujerz

Thug is the new term whites used instead of the N word.

Miss_D_n_TX

To everyone on here that's insuling Ms. Vasquez, you are no better than the ignorant, racist people in the audience that insulted and threatened her and her INNOCENT CHILD! If somone threatened you and your child, how would you feel. And It would have been nice had racism ended with the electiion of President Obama, but the ignorant people in that audience as well as the ignorant people insulting this woman they know nothing about, proves racism is alive and well in America by stupid, uneducated hillbillies!!!!!!!!!

Jake

TYPICAL REDNECKS SORE LOSERS!!! IT DOESNT MATTER BECAUSE DALLAS WILL LOSE ANYWAY LOL... WHITE PEOPLE HAVE A BIG MOUTH BUT THEY KNOW WHEN TO SAY STUFF.. THEY WON'T DARE SAY ANYTHING RACIST WITHOUT PROTECTION AND PEOPLE TO BACK THEM UP. TRUST ME I KNOW... I AM WHITE :-)

John

What a transparent excuse. Also, I find it ironic that people are attacking those of us who don't buy her BS by calling us racist white devils without the facts.

R.I.P Nuggets

She is a typical P.R. thug, a dime a dozen and we all know it. She was in the Latin King's gang for years.

Justy B

Wow, multiple fans in Lala's section are disputing her clains. What a surprise..lol.

Breeze

Wow, you guys are really ignorant. I love how people say "they have the inside scoop". Please NO ONE knows what really happened, but they ppl that were there. This is a bad situation to be put in. I doubt La La would just go off for no reason, something was done or said or something but I don't know so I can't comment. I do know this, please stop being so negative about a situation that has nothing to do with any of you. From knowing her for years, she is more of a lets talk it out, no fist flying person, so something definitely had to have happened for her to explode like that. Anyway much love to all. Lets just stop the negativity FOR ONCE!

Aqua

LALA IS NOT BLACK, SHE'S LATINA!

Your Friendly Neighborhood Warlock

Just a sign of the times: Both inappropriate and appropriate - lower & upper - richer or poorer, class of behavior is completely color-blind and therefore; a very weak excuse for this aggressive, full of testosterone behavior! ...I am proud to say; my mom, my sister, my wife, or my daughter would never be caught in such a scenario! ...unlike my dad, my brother, my uncle, or myself... just to say the least!
...Enough Said!

1903 days ago

leave the gun, take the cannolis.

145. Puerto Ricans are black.
Slave ships, stop over at that island...many escape or are dropped off.
Violaa, black Puerto Ricans.
Oh, and I banged one once and their coochie looks black too.

BECAUSE THERE IS STILL RACISTS OUT THERE AS OBVIOUSELY SHOWN BY THE ABOVE COMMENTS, AND THIS IS JUST ON A COMMENT BOARD ON A WEBSITE. FOR ALL OF YOU CLAIMING YOUR GETTING TIRED OF PEOPLE PULLING THE RACE CARD, IM SORRY, BUT DID YOU ACCIDENTALLY SKIP BY ALL THESE COMMENTS. IF YOUR GOING TO MAKE A VALID POINT, MAKE SURE YOU DONT HAVE LOSERS ALL AROUND YOU CONTRADICTING EVERYTHING YOU SAY!
THANKS

Posted at 3:02AM on May 13th 2009 by TRUTH BE TOLD, THIS IS WHY

Excuse me, what is racist about facts?
Tell me what is racist about how the Islands were inhabited, first by Aztecs then by Africans?
YOU are the racist one.

Mike Young

this is all stupid..yes yo can stiil be a racist, and watch a sporting event..racism hides..but i'm not even saying that this was the case here...what i want ot know is (As stated on comment #305), what in the hell was a partially blind young woman, doing watching a basketball game?!!...LMAO!!!..i guess she didn't see the drink coming at her..LOL!!!..

Keeping it real

Those thugs kicked Dallas ass. May if Dallas had a little, just a little thug in them, then maybe they wouldn't have got there asses kicked

GetOverIt

Alani "LaLa" is of African and Puerto Rican decent, let's get that straight first. Second, who cares what happened...I am sure everyone involved was to blame. The only thing we saw was her flipping out, we cannot rush to judgement based on a short clip of only a portion of what could have really happened. Almost all the comments made about this incident are racial. How sad is it that we judge her for bringing up the race card but yet a majority of comments are throwing the race card also. Guess what...the race card is OLD and it's obviously so OLD that we have a wonderful President of African decent. Get over it and don't act as if none of you have EVER flipped out at some point in your lives. Go Nuggets!

Stacy Lynn Johnson

Also LALA put your blubbery belly away...no one wants to see it jiggling in the stands..........is that racist???

Stacy Lynn Johnson

IN ALL SERIOUSNESS>>>>> THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS ARE WHERE ITS AT F LALA F the nuggets F the mavs..stop wasting your time.... Ditch the ZEROS and get with the HERO KING LEBRON JAMES... THE TRU DEFINITION OF A RESPECTABLE CLASSY MAN... GET USED TO IT!! WE ARE TAKING IT ALL THIS YEAR..... so get mad about that lala you low budget bitch