« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

LaLa -- Racist Mavericks Fans Attacked Me First

5/12/2009 6:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

LalaCarmelo Anthony's fiance LaLa Vazquez has released a statement claiming racial taunts and violent threats from Dallas Mavericks fans incited her at last night's NBA playoff game:

"Obviously the play-off games bring out the best and the worst in fans but what happened on Monday night with the racial slurs/threats, verbal attacks on my son and physical attacks to myself by irate fans was unacceptable. The fans were totally out of control.

What the cameras captured was me defending myself and didn't show the abuse that was taking place."

Footage shot at last night's game showed LaLa cursing and getting hostile as security tried to escort her out of the stands.

The Mavs and the Nugs are set to face off again tomorrow night.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Tamara La Salle

First all people I live in Dallas,TX. And yes I'm African American but at our basketball games it's probably 75% white !!
I wasn't there, but I had to comment based on the stupid comment stating there are hardly any whites at a basketball game! LOL check the web for any Dallas games period

robert

when will black people quit pulling the race card? i mean come on CHANGE THAT RECORD!! black people are more racist anyways. all people are racists. black people just cry racism for anything anymore. if they don't get to work on time, its becasue they are black!! no its because your a IDIOT!! and anyone associated or engaged to carmelo anthony is clearly an IDIOT!~

skanky skanks

damn theres some nasty hoes out there, what the hell? looks like Shanikwah got pissed off real quick.

C

If anyone's seen what a giant ass the Maverick's owner is it should come as no surprise that the fans are just as bad. Black, white, it probably didn't matter, they were probably all making disgusting comments to her. Because I really doubt she wanted to start picking fights when she's surrounded by Maverick fans, especially with her kid there. But I have no doubt Maverick fans are so pissed about losing to Denver (hey - it's gonna happen, the Mavs are just lucky they didn't get swept) that they would resort to such low-life tactics as harassing the fiance of a player. Come on, it's just common sense that that's what happened.

Rap sucks

I HATE RACISTS! But whites always get called racists by blacks and yet there's no such thing is a racist black man. The Jacksons, Al sharpton, Spike lee, and the gangs outside my crib. I bet everyone here are white racists but whatever this chick is stop with the hate i mean if she's got the ghettotude then screw this bitch. Those kind of blacks are nothing but trouble go back 2 the hood. UNITY IN 2012 SO GET READY REDNEKCS!

chris t

Nothing but a skank taco smell!

skanky skanks

that hoe has screws everybody. if you were at that game, please get an STD test so you know she didnt infect you with what came out of her mouth.

YOU BETCHA

*********** LOL@ the joker that said this is classless NBA> Oh, i'm sure there's NOTHING the kindhearted angelic fans could have said to her that would've got her riled up and that mad. Fans are people, they have to take some responsibility for their actions.

Know what's not the jungle? The NBA> IT's not like the NHL where a guy can sucker punch someone and break their neck or orbital bone or slash someone with a freaking stick and just call it part of the game.

The NBA has done wonders to improve it's one court product the last 4 years and it's working. The product is great right now. Other sports with thugs getting busted more frequently (NFL), cheaters galore (MLB) and cavemen acting tough with sticks in their hand on a sheet of ice (NHL) isn't exactly piquing my interest.

Great series with the bad blood between the Mavs/Nuggets. Can't wait for game 5!

LeBron's epic dominance. The Bulls/Celtics classic. Another great series with the C's/Magic. A surprising storyline with Aaron Brooks and Houston vs LA... and this series. There's been plenty of great basketball played in Rd 2. *************

Posted at 4:00PM on May 12th 2009 by Jim

REALISH

WTH...SHE IS NOT DOMINICAN! IF YOU ARE GOING TO SPEAK ON SOMEONE IF IT BE NICE OR NEGATIVE...CAN YOU GET THE FACTS RIGHT....OMFG!

AND ALSO....I WAS THERE I SAT DIRECTLY BEHIND ONE OF THE LADIES THAT CALLED HER SON A BASTARD......YES WHEN YOU BRING THE CHILD INTO IT.....THATS NOT SOMETHING TO PLAY WITH.

Rap sucks

OH GREAT THE RACIST EXCUSE AGAIN. YOU DIDN'T EVEN HAD TO BE IN THE GAME TO KNOW THE TRUTH CUZ COME ON, RACISM IN A BASKETBALL GAME BY WHITES? WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME A WHITE PERSON DIDN'T WISH THEY WERE BLACK TO PLAY IT. THIS IS ALL JUST TO MAKE WHITES LOOK BAD ALTHOUGH WHITE POWER CAN KISS MY ASS!

R.I.P Nuggets

I'm Dominican and she is a stupid ho bag and she is not Dominican she is a Puertorican, so stop calling her that.

BigBoa

AH HAHAHAHA!!!

YES!! YES!!!

I thought we were all going to join hands now and sing Kumbuya,,,,, (or however you spell it)...

The first couple of posters really nailed it on the head though.,,,,, As if a bunch of KKK members are going to have season tickets to an NBA team..... AH HAHAHA!!!

I swear,,, you CAN'T make this stuff up!!

Rap sucks

Um that pictures looks like she's black to me. Puerto ricans live near me and man they are the whitest people compare to her. But still, SHUT THE F UP RACISTS!

1968 days ago

They about to get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's a lier, I was sitting 2 rows up from her and nothing was said racial,she just could not shut her fat mouth. maybe she should watch the game on TV. I think this ho is full of sh*t.

Alyssa

GHETTOTUDE!! Yep BANG ON!!!