« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

LaLa -- Racist Mavericks Fans Attacked Me First

5/12/2009 6:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

LalaCarmelo Anthony's fiance LaLa Vazquez has released a statement claiming racial taunts and violent threats from Dallas Mavericks fans incited her at last night's NBA playoff game:

"Obviously the play-off games bring out the best and the worst in fans but what happened on Monday night with the racial slurs/threats, verbal attacks on my son and physical attacks to myself by irate fans was unacceptable. The fans were totally out of control.

What the cameras captured was me defending myself and didn't show the abuse that was taking place."

Footage shot at last night's game showed LaLa cursing and getting hostile as security tried to escort her out of the stands.

The Mavs and the Nugs are set to face off again tomorrow night.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Rice

Don't believe everything you read. K-Mom came in trash talkin from the start while hiding behind security. (Traveling Mavs fans were treated just as bad in Denver, btw) K-Mom's bodyguard told an innocent woman behind them (who is a breast cancer survivor) that she needs a facelift. Fans, who had ignored the previous trash-talking, came to her rescue. A half-blind woman sitting next to her (also quiet) accidently grazed LaLa's sweater. At this point, LaLA turns around and tells her, "Don't f-ing touch me again", and throws her red drink on the whole crowd. There were no racist comments. The crowd is predominently African-American. And, she was NOT defending herself. She was just a loud, trash-talkin B---- that no one has ever heard of looking for her spotlight. Get over it!

hisgfneedsquit

She is half black. c'mon the dallas team except for dirk is black the fans love Josh Howard, she is so full of it she wants to parade her son because she is mad melo won't marry her
so hungry for fame pathetic

R.I.P Nuggets

She looks like my housekeeper's youngest daughter , Estella who is always skipping school and smoking pot. Estella bring my Ipod back you fat slug.

oest

ha ha ha ... sorry but had to comment. Howard University one of the best schools in the country.. I think you need to stop watching so much BET and pick up a book.. Howard is a joke in the corportate world and has a reputation for breeding open and out black racist propoganda. If I see Howard University on a resume, it is quickly put in the garbage for the problems that those candidates and others from black schools have caused my company. Thanks for the laugh though.

Posted at 6:57PM on May 12th 2009 by michelle

--------------------------

Hmm, well what schools did Howard Madoff, Phil Malkoff, and most of the crooks that initiated the problems that have lead to the current global recession? Most went to traditionally Ivy League (WHITE) universities. Go crap on a rock then, sit on it, Michelle!

oest

A lot of you White people think you're 100% Caucasian, but you're really passing. They lied to you.

mike

kim

Hiring someone based on the color of their skin versus their abilities is PREJUDICE PERIOD. Companies should be able to hire whoever they want without the government having any mandates over them. If you think this isnt fair - life isnt fair - get real!

smu10

I was at the game last night, sitting a couple of seats away from the ladys that were arguing with Lala. Not once did the ladies say anything about race. Lala is full of sh*t, If anything, she was trying to make a scene at the game...and she did, the sad thing is, she only made herself look like a dumb ass....

Why?

Look it's true. White people are racist by nature!! I swear it's embedded in their DNA. Why would she make a scene for nothing? Everyone knows La La is not that type of person. Also based on the VERY RACIST comments from when TMZ posted the video YOU WHITE DEVILS WERE AND ARE RACIST! Disgusting. I guess white people can't stand the fact that black people are better than them in EVERYTHING and are dominating EVERYTHING with Lewis Hamilton, Serena and Venis etc. I and I guess they are mad now because that also includes the NBA with all the star athletes being BLACK! The only hero you losers have is that pothead fish boy.

kim

oest - duh. No one is pure any race. thanks for stating the OBVIOUS

gplachy

Does anyone know where there are no black people? I would love to move there so I'd never have to hear about how evil and how we are blue eyed devils (what about whites with brown eyes? #4). But as soon as you tell me where the black people aren't they will just all move there to be with the whites to take advantage of our smarts and hard work. We whites are such fools. Giving them all of our money, voting for them all the while no one hates us like the black people. Give me a middle eastern terrorist any day - please. I will wear whatever they want - just as long as there are no black people lying about racism.

oest

110. Hey 104 come get me.. our company has a higher minority rate than average and everyone on my teams have never had a problem with race, except for two instances, one from Howard and one from another black school. Those schools breed racism and are outdated. Imagine me hiring a candidate that graduated from a white only school and was taught in his or her history class that blacks our inferior and are the reasons for all of our problems, wow what a mess I would have to deal with, well now you understand my reasoning for not hiring from black schools. They pull races apart and breed hatred and bigotry. They have become a joke in the real world. This isnt the Cosby show moron.

Posted at 7:06PM on May 12th 2009 by michelle

-------------------

The reality is, the more both traditionally white and black schools become integrated, the less of that sort of thing will exist. And Howard University is slowly becoming more integrated, as are other Historically Black Colleges and Universities.

R.I.P Nuggets

Lala Vasquez is 100% Puertorican and is a natural born American citizen, I am not ashamed of her I am ashamed of racist Americans.

kim

Dont respond to people like Nicole she is trying to get a rise out of you versus sticking to a topic with any ounce of intelligence.

oest

114. oest - duh. No one is pure any race. thanks for stating the OBVIOUS

Posted at 7:10PM on May 12th 2009 by Kim

------------------

duh- Kim. If it's so obvious, what is there still racism? If everyone knew that, in their hearts, we were all not pure of any one race and actually all had common bloodlines that connected us all with each other, why do we still have hatred based on the concept of race?

duh?