Carrie Prejean -- Every Dog Has Her Day

5/13/2009 6:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Carrie PrejeanA battle is raging inside the school district where Carrie Prejean learned all she knows -- and it's all over whether to honor Miss Cali with her very own special day.

We're told a member of the Vista Unified School District in San Diego is campaigning to get a green light from the board to make June 1st "Carrie Prejean Day" -- but he's running into some serious opposition.

Opponents think it's a thinly veiled attempt to promote the anti-gay marriage agenda. Supporters say baloney -- that she should be honored because she was a good student and a strong female role model ... and she looks really good without a bra.

The battle over the "biblically correct" beauty queen is set for tomorrow night at Foothill Oak Elementary.

Fun fact: June 1st is National Day Against Homophobia in Canada.

freedomisnotfree

as someone who graduated from the same school as Carrie i am very proud of her. she is a true role model

Oscar in Miami Beach

THE ONE THING WE KNOW FOR SURE IS THAT MISS CALIFORNIA WILL NEVER DROWN.WITH HER PLATIC BOOBS SHE IS UNSINKABLE.GO SAN DIEGO GIVE HER A DAY AND WILL NEVER SEE ME AS VACATION THERE.NOT FOR HER BELIEVES BUT FOR HER BREAKING EVERY CONTRACT SHE SIGNED AND SO BEING A FRAUD.IF YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW GOOD SHE IS ASK THE TRUMP,HE,HE,HE....

Mr.Jones

""40.
gay people who hate women because women are the idealized form that ALL GAYS aspire to

oh what these viscerally repulsive HOMOS would give to have a VAG & milky soft BOOs

gay people are the physically deformed mental perverts of the age hiding in churches & bars....the closet pedophiles

Posted at 6:12PM on May 13th 2009 by carrie prejean""

I feel incredibly sorry for you and your ignorance. I am saddened that there are people who think this way in our country.

Hussie

#117,
While I appreciate your plight, you should think before you post...
You said yourself that you're appalled that the school system is being infected with politics, then you proceed to go on a political tyrade of your own...
That being said, there is no political reason that certain failing schools are facing closure...THEY'RE FAILING, and it doesn't take a genius to figure out why...
I'd bet doughnuts to dollars that quite a few of the Teachers have, at one time or another, strayed from the curriculum and spouted off with their opinions on current events...Social, political, economic, and otherwise...This is NOT their job...Their job is to educate children, not to indoctrinate them...
If your school is hosting Miss California, stop acting like it's all about you...Did you ever think for one minute that there are many CHRISTIAN parents and children that would love the opportunity to hear her speak?...
You do not have to agree with the message, but Carrie Prejean should not be vilified for being the messenger...She represents the State of California, like it or not...Now either you can act like an adult and give her the respect she deserves, or you should stay home and whine...

tmzsucks

some of you idiots making vile comments and outright lies against Miss California?You don't know a intelligent and beautiful woman such as Carrie.WHAT DO YOU WANT,p.hilton in a pink ballerina costume? Do some of you not have ANY MORALLS? MISS CALIFORNIA--1 pukez hilton--0 Trash?look in the mirror.

honesty

I am a Christian born again Mother. I have two children, and a husband of 11 years. I am against gay marriage. There is no way I want my children to think this woman is a good Christian role model. She is using good Christians. She likes to pose nude. She lies. She will go back to being who she really is, when the money runs out. She will not be a role model to my children.

Junebaby

i don't mind what she say, everyone is entitled to their opinion, i have a gay uncle and i like gay people, but LEAVE MY BIRTHDAY ALONE . . . . . . my day of birth should not be honouring someone's veiws . . . or opinions!

Ashamed

122- I'm glad you are as concerned as I am about our district, though I would like to clarify. I am not at all opposed to Miss Prejean. In fact, I think she is a fine young lady that was certainly within her rights to express her views. As for how she has been vilified in the media, that is shameful. She does not deserve the unwarranted attacks she has been receiving. My post, however, was pointing out how inappropriate it would be for my district to insert itself into the political spectrum. I should also mention that it is not customary in my district to honor alumni with their own day. There have been other accomplished alumni from my district, some with very significant achievements in science, theatre, and humanities, that have not received formal recognition. Thus, my argument was that Gibson's honor of Prejean was politically motivated, as opposed to simply recognizing her achievements. The focus for myself and other teachers in my district will always be student achievement. It is not indoctrination that we promote; rather, I encourage my students to follow their own path to truth, always question, and to become a life long learner. Perhaps if my district would get past these politically charged issues, we could focus on the large tasks we have at hand: creating district-wide consistencies in language arts and math instruction, developing a framework for the instruction of English language learners, and moving all students into proficiency in core curriculum, The relationship between parent, teacher, and administrator should not be adversarial; rather we are all advocates for our children. I support the parent's right to teach moral values--I'll take care of the state adopted content standards. I encourage parents to express their concerns to their child's teacher about instruction; again, we are all working together to support our students. As I am beginning to ramble, I hope that cleared up a bit. Despite my deep concerns about the district, they always get checked at the classroom door. My students have and always will be my top priority.
*Side note- I wouldn't mind my district starting a tradition of honoring alumni...however, it might be best to wait for a case less politically charged.

Ashamed

ooops...I meant to address 121. Sorry:)

are you new?

*48. I'm Canadian - and no, we do not have a "National Day Against Homophobia". June 1st is Canada day dumb ass.

Posted at 6:21PM on May 13th 2009 by Deanna Chainauskas*

Deanna are you sure you are Canadian?? National Day against Homophobia was started June 1 2005. But don't despair I wouldn't have known about it either except that I googled after having read it on TMZ ....LOL ....Also Canada Day is
JULY 1 NOT June 1 & that is something every Canadian knows

Bunny

Miaa Prejean sure likes to lie about things and then throw the blame onto others. It is like the photographer made her posed with almost nothing on. Her vest accidemtly blew open while outdoors and next to the ocean. The fellow took photos when her vest was open. She had control over all of those variables and was responsible regarding everything that went on. She was a minor. Where were mom and dad? The woman acts like trash and very few honest words seem to leave her mouth. Donal must love her for him to keep such a timebomb on.

Matt Lauer certainly showed her colors. She should now go and speak with Katie Couric.

Bunny

Lying, fake, trashy bimbo that blames everyone else for her mistakes. She lies so much is has got to be very hard to try to cover them up. She never seems to take the blame for her actions. She just finds someone to accuse as the one who messed her over. Poor, poor Miss California.

Trump must really, really like her.

Bunny

I am not gay and could care less how she feels about gay people. I cannot stand a lying hypocrite - which she is. She keeps lying over and over and over. She is disgusting. Donald Trump really likes this woman. I think she will be the next Mr. Donald Trump. Mark my word on this one.

gayatheist

Reply to # 91: You are not an atheist, please don't insult us by calling yourself that. No atheist believes in intelligent design. It is a more flawed theory than religion itself.

SanDiegoHatesCarrie

#125 Please know most of San Diego is ashamed this hateful barbie doll is associated in even the smallest way with our city. And as Ashamed mentioned this is ONE nutjob on the school board gunning for this and he is hated by the entire district- he only ran for school board to push his agenda & has not done anything to make the school district better or help students achieve- only cheap stunts like this.

Also keep in mind San Diego has the one of the largest pride celebrations on the West Coast and after Prop 8 passed over TWENTY THOUSAND people gay & straight marched to show their disgust over it's passing. Carrie does NOT represent San Diego. She is one deeply troubled, misguided woman who' ignorance has been on national display.