'Cheers' Star -- My Ex Might Set My Car on Fire

5/13/2009 8:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

John RatzenbergerJohn Ratzenberger has filed for a restraining order against his 45-year-old ex girlfriend -- claiming she's capable of violence because she listens to country music.

The former "Cheers" star laid it all out in legal papers filed today in L.A. County Superior Court, saying his ex "indicated that it is common in many country western songs for women to set the cars of their former boyfriends on fire."

He continues, "That statement insinuates that she may have the capacity to perpetuate this act or similar violent conduct."

Ratz also claims he is "deeply disturbed by the harrassing and intimidating phone calls, emails and text messages."

John also accuses his ex of contacting his friends, family and business associates and making "false and defamatory statements" about him.

John is asking the judge to keep the chick 100 yards from himself, his house, his job -- and of course, his vehicle.

Stephanie---Stoner

Haha, lol, I wonder what he'd think she's capable of if she listened to rap or hip hop. That's funny

UGGGGHHH

CHEERS

EVERYBODY KNOWS YOUR NAME.............

Dalia Voltex

"it is common in many country western songs for women to set the cars of their former boyfriends
on fire"

say whaaaaaat?

whynot

well drop kick me jesus through the goalposts of life!!!

The Observer

He must be really good in bed to get her that obsessed. Now I need to go poke my mind's eye out.

Drea

Maybe she just got done watching Waiting to Exhale.

frogs and gravel

I live next to a Country and Western bar and I wondered why my car was aways being set on fire.
Now I know.

Shelly

OMG. After I read that line, I have been laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes!! I never heard anything soooooo stupid in my life!! Yeah, listening to Kenny Chesney is really going to make me want to set someone's car on fire!!! Are people truly this stupid??? Sounds like John may be more and more like his Cheers character Cliff!!!
Excuse me, I've got to go back to laughing my head off again!! lol

Bob Boblaw

You Big Puss...!!

SP

Better watch out, when& his mafia pass this hate crime law country music singers may be going to jail.

Jimmy Phillips

I hope that John doesn't "Go Postal" on her now ;)

roo

Man, I guess that Ted Danson didn't shut her off at the Cheers bar.

Jimmy Phillips

After she burns his car she'll be relocating to Texas.........according to George Strait!

Ry-Guy

NO Effn way.......y'all that's my crazy ass cousin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahahahahahahahah

Dr. DMgemini63

He needs to be thankful that he got laid.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2