Gerard Butler

Charged with Crime

5/14/2009 7:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gerard Butler has another notch on his belt, but this time it ain't a chick ...he's scored a criminal charge.
Gerard Butler
Butler has been charged with misdemeanor criminal battery in connection with a run-in with a photog on October 7, 2008. At 2 AM, after a premiere party for "RockNRolla," Butler left Crown Bar in a limo and allegedly popped a papper in the lips three or four times. The L.A. City Attorney filed the charge yesterday.

Butler's reps have said the papper had stalked the star, and chased people through the streets. The rep claims the papper almost killed a pedestrian.

If convicted, Butler could face up to 6 months in jail.

Butler is due in court for an arraignment on June 10.

Butler's lawyer, Blair Berk, declined comment.

Joe Mama

Everyone should always punch paparazzi when they see them. Worthless slime.

pillster

he deserved it

No Excuses

The pap smears are out of control. Take the freaking picture but keep you big fat mouths shut. I he actually looking for sympathy??!

UGGGGHHH

Don't drop the soap..........

John

Come on. We all know the charge will be dropped when he hires Blair Berk or something. This is Hollywood... O.J. got away with murder, give me a break.

Gerard won't see any fine/jail time from this.

No Excuses

Not sympathy, a big, fat jackpot funded by the celebrities they stalk. The paparazzi aren't birthed by human mothers, they're birthed by Jackels.

Carrys F.

Go Gerard!!!!! Paps are slimey asses and they are very dangerous. They deserve to be smacked around a little.

Mark

Why are the paps given free reins They should be banned or shot. They are a big pain in the B- - - . Why does the cops protect them, are the cops getting a take on money from the pics?

sam

he deservied it i hate papers

DS

Well, not that anyone WOULD, but if someone were following me around taking pictures of me and chasing me through the streets, I'd probably punch them in the face too.

Q.E.D...?

To Rick

I hate paps. But I do find it interesting that all of us commenting on how much we hate paps are writing this on TMZ. hahahahahahahahaha (pause) hahahahahaha

sarah

If he popped a pap, it no doubt was deserved.

Sue

I'm sure the attack was provoked. The paps are horrible. I'm one of many behind Gerard Butler's actions.

pat

I would have done the same thing. If they are putting people in danger, then someone should hit them. They should charge the PAPS!

HarveyLevinsDickblood