Us Weekly Blasts InTouch -- Tabloid War Ensues

5/14/2009 3:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There's a new celebrity war raging in Hollywood -- except this one doesn't involve famous people, just the magazines who report on them.

Click to view!

Us Weekly has launched a full-scale attack on their sworn enemy InTouch Weekly -- using a two page spread in their new issue to rip their glossy rivals for printing "bogus" and "phony" stories about Brangelina for the last 4 years.

Us printed 21 InTouch covers dating back to 2005 -- and then shredded the "fake" stories one by one, killing the mag for running headlines that screamed "Brad Gives Up," "Brad Moves Out" and "The Fight That Split Brad and Angelina."

InTouch fired back with a nice snarky statement of their own: "We're extremely flattered that our competition pays so much attention to InTouch that they were willing to devote a 2-page spread to us."

Game on.

Average Housewife

I agree with #4. Tabloids in glass houses should not throw stones.

SP

All media is pretty much ullf crap now. They have their own agenda & do no real investigating to even see if a story is true. They are pretty much just fiction entertainment now. They are like ploiticians no one believes anything they say, but it's always fun to hear them lie so you can laugh. At least for now, until they both destroy this country together. The medai used to help keep at least pliticains in check by letting the public know what they were really up to, but now it's run by liberals who cover up everything they don't like.

Shawn

None of them tell the truth, including the stars so why fight over it. I could care less about Brad and Angelina so I
don't buy them anyway. They are even more fake and boring than the magazines.

northern gypsy

maybe both should stop fighting each other and realize tabloids are old school...
in other words...everything is on line...with each generation they are dieing a slow & painful death !!!

xcalibur

AND I'M SURE THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER WILL ACT AS MEDIATOR... TOGETHER WITH MEDIAFAKEOUT.COM!!!

Why?

Well if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black. Two tabloids arguing over who is telling the truth/lying however you want to look at it. WOW! And In Touch is weak with that response what morons.

Shawn

Maybe US Weekly is trying to get a in with Brad and Angelina. They always suck up to them. None
of them tell the truth and neither do Brad and Angelina so who cares. Who cares anyway. After
six kids that's old news anyway and they are totally boring with their goody act.

jay

poor people have to deal with all this

Carl Gorney

May a dog in heat romance their shins for the month of June...

This is one of the dumbest fights I can ever remember.

jenny mo

TMZ posting about fake celebrity news? The irony is strong in this post.

julie

The only mag I buy is People. Why waste my money on anything else. Very soon people.com will be the only blog I read on line. Why waste my time reading nasty blogs.

ceecee

I used to buy InTouch every week, but then I discovered TMZ and didn't need InTouch anymore!

Daisy

Like newspapers, all these supermarket mags are going down the toilet. Times are hard and people are not spending the bucks anymore. So the editors dig up red carpet photos and then spin a story about Brad/Angelina/Jennifer hoping to generate profit. Read them for a good laugh while you are waiting in line to purchase groceries, otherwise, save your money. I don't particularly believe Brangelina is feeding them information, but they benefit somewhat from the publicity.

Keeping it Real in Canada

All I see when I look at Angelina is OCTO-MOM! GROSS!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2