Glambert: Pre-'Idol'

5/15/2009 2:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Before wowing the "American Idol" judges with his shrieks and black nail polish, Adam Lambert glammed it up with shrieks and black lipstick.

media_removed.jpg

Back in 2004, Lambert put on his best goth Liza drag performing in "The Zodiac Show."

Who says Hollywood changes people?

KC

Adam's screeching irritates me no end. Furthermore, he's far too contrived and theatrical-better suited for Broadway. Now Kris Allen-he's the real deal!

Still in Shock

10. Is it a competion for undiscovered talent or professionals who haven't made it yet? Adam is really a professional - Kris is a college student. Depends what you think the contest is all about...

Posted at 12:33PM on May 15th 2009 by Roxy

@ Roxy - they are NOT SUPPOSED TO BE PROFESSIONALS - that is why some of them have been disqualified in the past.

Yes Adam quit that screaming in every song, it hurts my ears.

J_Man

I am assuming that everyone who was glad Carrie Prewhore stood by her beliefs are you backing Adam for standing to his. It just makes someone perfect who stands by their conviction.

Still in Shock

I just looked at the pictures of Adam with his tongue down that others guys throat - that is GROSS!!

Kelly

What - David Bowie never wore makeup or a costume? It worked for him.

AdamROCKS

Adam is gorgeous and ridiculously talented, no matter what the haters say! Keep hating, cuz he's gonna WIN!! :)

whocares

I like some of Adam's performances...but when it comes to rock he is not a rocker. His voice is so shrill. The shrieking is like nails on a chalkboard. Why the judges rave about him and don't comment on that shrillness I don't know....well, yes I do know they want him to win as he will make more money for A.I and 19t.v. Adam reminds me of the EYELINER bands from the 80's, their kind of video-rock Flock of Seagulls, The Fixx, DuranDuran. I think Simon gets a woody watching Adam. BTW, how nice for Simon to go beyond the call of duty and get special permission to use a U2 song.... are the other contestants allowed to sing U2. Simon begging voters to vote for Adam....why does he seem to perform last??? conspiracy theories run a muck...

Kim

Adam did not scream on Tracks of my Tears and Mad World. You people with your one-trick memory! AAAAAAA!

Kooky Fan

As a singer, he has great range, pitch and head voice, but EVERY song is the same. Start of soft/normal - then scream! I could not take more than 2 or 3 songs of that on a CD or a show.

Joanne

Ewwww. He looked disgusting. I don't watch 'American Idol' anymore; boring.

Danielle

Pics of Adam in drag and licking on other boys have been on the internet for a long time now. TMZ is not posting anything new here nor are they ruining his chances. Glambert will probably win despite these types of pics. I do not think the American Idol, someone that children look up to should be sucking face in drag with anyone but that's just my opinion. We do not see pics of the other idols like these. Bottom line if your are going to become famous as an Idol, Miss USA or president, something along the lines of a role model your past shouldn't hold nasty pics on the internet!! You can get famous through other forums.

jaye-caroline

There is something seriously wrong with this kid. . . .

whocares

Just for fun....go to google or yahoo "images" and type in Adam's name and the word drag. You can see fun photos of Adam kissing men and dressed in drag.... I wonder if her will win the religious right / conservative vote? hehehe

Melissa Black

Hello Adam from voice teacher Melissa Black(former voice coach for Jordin S). You have THE BEST voice and the most wonderful high notes any of us will probably ever hear in a lifetime - and i have had TONS of great vocalists in my studio! we LOVE watching you - was really hoping for an Adam/Allison finale - but you and kris will do fantastic! See you next week in Los Angeles.. May there be a TIE FOR FIRST PLACE!!(ha)

Nanci

I love that people are pulling out old photos trying to rip on Adam Lambert. No matter what, you can't take away the FACT that the man has Talent! I'm torn between Kris and Adam...both are going places because they both are very talented!

ADAM has always been my first choice...ROCK ON DUDE!