Dog's Alleged Shooter Walks on Murder Charge

5/15/2009 12:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The guy who allegedly fired a gun at "Dog" Chapman last month is officially off the hook for that incident -- because officials claim they can't prove the suspect was ever packin' heat in the first place.

The El Paso County Assistant DA in Colorado has dropped the attempted murder charge against Hoang Nguyen, claiming they received conflicting statements from Dog, his cohort Bobby Brown and Dog's son Leland about the shooting -- and that there was no bullet hole, bullet or shell casing found at the scene.

Prosecutors also claim Dog never forked over footage of the incident -- which was allegedly shot by his "Bounty Hunter" crew -- even though officials say they made several requests for it.

Chapman released this statement following the decision: "It's my job to find 'em and fix 'em, not put more charges on a fugitive. That's not my style. Nguyen apologized to me when I captured him, and I'm cool with that."

artie help

this guy is a mental case, his white trash family should all be locked up for impersonating law enforcement.

Party 'till you die!

Aim better.

jc

#1, no kidding. I can't understand why that loser ever got on the air in the first place, much less after his major screwup.

Justme87

Sarah I agree with u..Dog is full of s***t I'm glad all charges are dropped.

Joanne

Leland is hot!! I like the Chapman Family and enjoy watching the show. You all are really mean...

Tracy

Gotta agree, LELAND is HOT

lol

The racist was trying to frame the non-white guy.......where's Al and Jesse?

Hawk

I think some people in this town were hoping the guy had missed dog and hit his "cohort" Bobby Brown. He makes Dog look like Sir Roger Moore in the class department.

john

Who's your headline writer?
I don't think it was a murder charge.

MY BUSINESS

I will had been nice if at least would had gotten dog once, this fool need to stay out of people"s warrant busness!! LEAVE THAT EFFIN STUFF FOR REAL COPS!!

Jus D truth

I agree with all of you. I can't stand this butt-A@#ed ugly, Phony whitetrash Cop impersonator with the most retarded looking hair style on hte planet or his fat-A#@ed bleached blond ugly wife, Beth!!! It looks like she has tried to look slimmer, by getting afew inches of FAT chopped off. But because she only has 3" legs - these procedures FAILED!!She is STILL A BUTTER-BALL!! I can't understand why they are still on the air. Dogg & his entire pack of ugly creatures stink up the world!!

Ken

It all happened just in time for the racist Dog to go on Larry King. This guy was just the chosen victim.

squattmunki

I KNEW the charges would be dropped. "Dog" is a loser and he shouldn't be able to arrest anyone. The guy is a convicted murderer himself!!

If the guy really did have a gun I wish he hadn't missed.

whatever

Am I the only one who thinks the shooter is exactly what Jon Gosselin will look like in 20 years??

pua

UH... a setup promotional deal never crossed anyones mind??? I live in Honolulu, they are virtually invisiable here now. Da Kine appears closed most days, dark with no one inside. The big DOG TV show posters were removed long ago and replaced with the original hawaiian cartoon paintings on the windows, there is graffitte all over the building and business just doesn't look good.

To think he was being feted by Mayor Mufi Hannemann and the city council and churches just a year ago as some sort of White Trash hero, now, no one utters his name for anything except a shot at he and his uppity wife. Of course this incident showed up in th papers here, it's the only way he's getting any play here.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments