Pearl Jam Attack -- The Security Tape!

5/15/2009 10:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The surveillance video of Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament getting attacked by a knife wielding thug has just been released -- and his beatdown is brutal!

Pearl Jam attack: Click to watch

It all went down in Atlanta in April, when three masked hoodlums ran out of the bushes and jumped the dude's SUV, smashing the windows and demanding cash.

Ament tried to make a run for it -- but was knocked to the ground by one of the assailants. Ament suffered a laceration on his head and was treated at the scene. The attackers made off with $7,000 worth of money and goods.

No arrests have been made.

Not shocked

Uhm Wow~first off I don't think I said a word about being better than anyone else~Secondly, Marco's comments were racist. Ok , I admit I was irked and the KKK reference was heavy handed but it was the "them LIB-RALs" and "guilt ridden WHITE liberals" and "how the folks you pity celebrate diversity~you could be next." comments that stuck out for me. What should I be afraid of? Diversity? A black person? Please!

1949 days ago

raw

anyone dumb enough to believe this was just a random hit is also dumb enough to wonder why the people walking out of the building aren't helping......wake up

1949 days ago

Kristina

Of course it would happen in Atlanta where the employment rate is low, but stupidity is abundant. These guys need to get a real job, brain transplants (preferrably using the brains of a genius), and to find a true purpose in life. Right now they're as good as dead as far as I'm concerned.

1949 days ago

shas

oh man thats truly effed up. this so look like a set tho, i think he was being watched for awhile and then BAM they made the move, and why didnt anyone help!!! some dude came out and went back inside wtf???

1949 days ago

rich

cowrds. lifelong jam fan here. also a veteran, a former combat medic. i would love for these freaks to attack me. i will pay you to let them attack me. please, if you are so tough coward girl, join the marines or come find me in seattle, anytime.

1948 days ago

deelzbub

This didnt even make the news in Atlanta. This really sucks. Jeff Ament is a great bassist and now probably hates my town.

1946 days ago