Cat Stevens

'Memba Him?!

5/16/2009 4:01 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Before converting to Islam and becoming Yusuf Islam, Steven Demetre Georgiou had '70s hits like "Peace Train," "Wild World" and "Another Saturday Night" as Cat Stevens. Guess what he looks like now!

Cat Stevens

Buffy

First Bitches!!!!

barry Gordy is genius

I think he has relatives in Fresno.

jonsoncal

even i love to talk regarding fashion lot, i love fashion and style

bemybaby

"Cat in the Hat?" Where's the hat TMZ?

Kay

I always wondered why he picked "Islam" as his last name. Weird. Richard Gere didn't change his name to Richard Buddhist.

La Reina

He's a terrorist sympathizer, too. A little googling will turn up a nice display of Islamic lunacy.

Suck My Bronze.

Kay,

You are correct. I would never change my name to Richard Buddhist.
Something would have to have an impact on my life even greater than my religion in order for me to change my neme.

Phyllis Z

I still love his songs from the 70s. HIs religion is his business.

Walter

I wonder if he still wants to kill Salmon Rushdie?

Susan B.

Richard Gerbil, you made me laugh :-)

Corey Feldman is the king of douche!

That fruity little club scrambled his brains!

La Reina

ZROCK, it was Cat's pals who killed 3,000 people on Sept. 11. Cat proved his religious beliefs didn't include peace and love when he supported the Islamic cry to kill Salman Rushdie just for writing a book. I will judge him and the terrorists he supports by what they've said and done. Judging what you said, you're not too bright and you're about ten years shy on how much education I have (think graduate school), but thanks for caring.

ZrocK

La Reina, just for the record, I have a Post College graduate degree myself, furthermore making your assessment of my level of education invalid.
You cannot judge a whole religion which is ever growing and followed by billions, based on the actions of a minute group of individuals. And also for the record, the religion and teachings of Islam have nothing to do with the cowardly acts of 9/11. Islam is not a religion which preaches the slaughter of innocent civilians. Your "Graduate" degree should have allowed you to grown more sense and an understanding of differant religious followings and principles. Not one time has Yusef Islam, a.k.a Cat Stevens preached about hate, murder or unnecessary violence.
Salman Rushdie receives death threats and is hated because the undertones of his writings in books such as Satanic Verses defy the teachings of Muhommad and Islam and put a negative and false connotation to the religion. This would be equivalent to Blasphemy. That is where I will end this conversation as I do not want to continue speaking to ignorance and people with lack of common sense.

an

la reina
Its like saying that it was your pals who murdered hundreds of thousands in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Please stop making such irresponsible claims about Islam.

lola rose

im 12 yrs old and i think it is unfair to judge yusuf islam by his religion; just appreciate his music or shut up

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments