The Cat in the Hat

5/16/2009 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 60-year-old resurfaced at some event in L.A. this week (with Colin Farrell), looking terse.

Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam and Colin Farrell
Yusuf has denied that he ever supported the fatwa placed on "Satanic Verses" author Salman Rushdie in 1989.

While flying to meet with Dolly Parton in 2004, Yusuf was deported back to the UK after his name somehow came up on the no fly list.

COMMENTS

arte help

DEATH TO HIM!!!

Samia

I respect Mr. Islam, as should the rest of the world, who are not ignorant fools that is. Although everyone knows that you can't give most westerners too much credit, most of them will die ignorant, spoiled bastards.

Phyllis Z

I love Cat Stevenss' music. It still sounds great to me all these years later. It makes me sad to see the mean and judgemental comments here.

jen

Even though i was very young when his music was popular i can remember it being very soothing. i can't understand why he threw it all away...Ok on to his looks, lets just sat Id rather look at Collin...LMFAO..

Jezzy

He's got a bomb in his beard!!

ldm

Ok comment number 4 and 5...tell me, why is he a traiter and why should he be executed for the things "he have done" OOOOH that's right because anyone that is different from your red neck Nazi ass is wrong. I should feel sympathy towards you and not anger for your ignorance. I know you can't help being uneducated to some point, but if you think you can live in our society with that attitude you are completely naive.

AND I LOVED CAT STEVENS WHEN I WAS YOUNGER AND I ALWAYS WILL!

Rick

Well Samia aren't you the smart one. If someone doesn't believe the way you do they are ignorant or stupid. What an elitist pig. You remind me of the Pelosi crowd. You think you are bright when really you are as clueless as they come.

Seriously

Well said, Mr. PHD.

Kris

Great musician, glad to see he has a new album coming. It's unfortunate to see some of the remarks left, but hey, to each their own I guess.

Bahai Girl

Mashallah Yusuf! God bless you! Before you act so ignorant people, you should YOUTUBE him and see how AMAZING his work/music is for teaching children about Islam. He is a man of PEACE. I'm not Muslim but open up a Qu'ran and see how peacful and beautiful a holy book it is, JUST LIKE the Bible. Maybe you could learn something...and what better place to say this than a comment page on TMZ ! Hee hee. UNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

osama bin laden

Keep up the good work. I love your music too.

askmeaboutperfection

funny i was in catholic school in the late 60's and early 70's and I would play (at the nun's request) cat steven's songs at the folk mass on sundays.............still adore hiim!!!!

namers

#14 Bahai Girl: what she said!

Anyone who has ignorant and hateful comments are obviously too young to know his stellar work. He is a person with a deep soul, whose melodic and beautiful songs is still the same person who gave the world "Peace Train".

Listen more, speak less.

JustInTime

Love him - our whole family, including my teenage sons, still enjoy his music. Glad to see him looking happy & healthy!

something smells