Katy Perry's Cape Crusade

The Coverup

5/18/2009 3:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Katy Perry crossed the line when she showed favoritism for "American Idol" favorite Adam Lambert last week -- and unless you DVR'd the live show, you'll never see her pink Glambert cape again.

Katy Perry: Click to view!

If you go on iTunes and purchase Katy's performance from last week's "Idol", the closeup of her silk Glambert billboard has been altered -- you can't even tell there's writing on the cape.

The rest of the video is exactly the same -- we put the two different versions side-by-side so you can see.

Fox and iTunes both declined to comment.

Sandeigh

Am I the only one that cannot click on this to play it?

Holly

very tacky!! oh well...everyone can have their opinion, but was really unfair she is performing on the show and blatently being biased...I am sure this is the last time they will have her on a show like that!!

Jenna

I saw this when I was watching and found it a bit odd. Although everyone is welcome to their own opinions, I think that it would be best for the entertainers on the show to keep it to themselves whilst performing.

tracy morsi

who care what she did this just goes to show that american idol fans can vote for their choice and even guest stars on the show has their own opinions also i think americal idol should start a new thing where they take the contestants and put them behund a curtain and no one knows what they look like or anything about them that way there is nothing that people can judge just their singing .

tracy morsi

Trish

If you read Entertainment Weekly's commentary from their staffer at the performance, Katy Perry's cape was a surprise to everyone, including Adam Lambert, who reportedly nearly fell off the sofa when he saw the cape. Adam and Katy know each other, and while she has the right to be overt in her support of him ... think about all those posters the fans wave ... this may hurt him more than help him.

Mel

I wish she would have thought that through, that's great if she likes and supports him, but that was NOT the appropriate time, place or way to express it. I just hope that people don't blame Adam for her goofy prank that he had no absolutely no control over. And since it was edited out of the iTunes version, it looks like the producers were NOT on board with her surprise either.

bat

I watch Idol...and I have no idea who this woman is or was. I thought she was riding Adam's coat tails...literally, haha. Well...No sooner then when she turned around, I had left the room. I dont want to know her after that stunt. Her cape should have said "fight hunger", "world peace" or something smart!

Amanda

Seriously that was totally on fair what she did! Now all all theses tiny boppers that like katey perry are gonna vote for him, has anyone realized all he does is scream when he sings?

pinky

She should use the cape to cover her face in shame for that terrible performance on Idol..
really really bad

z

i'm, but how is perry's pimping of adam worse than the judges going around declaring their favorites? more importantly, how is it different from when jamie foxx declared that kris was his favorite, and foxx, unlike perry was a mentor. i think it's unfair to hold adam supporters to different standards than kris supporters, it's downright hypocritical.

The REAL DEAL

Not only was her performance horrible - she just SEALED THE DEAL for Kris Allen to become the next AMERICAN IDOL. How much screeching and yelling can any one person stand - that is all Adam Lambert does. Kris has more talent to offer. Adam has been all over LA and Hollywood for years and has not had any success, there must be a reason behind this inability to make a mark. KRIS ALLEN FOR THE WIN. Thanks Katy for pushing Kris to a win.

J_Man

So its okay for Miss Carrie Prewhore to express her opinion but not Katty Perry? Go Adam

SP

She should never have been allowed to come with it on to begin with. The Judges have been no better. If I were Danny & Kris I would have said Adam can have the win & walked off stage to a contract any way. That would have made real news.I would really love to see Kris win, just to get at the Judges & Perry too. Adam seems like a nice guy, but based on his performance that night he sould have went home.

xcalibur

LOL, I SAW THAT LIVE. I KNEW WUT SHE WAS UP TO THEN. DOESN'T TAKE A GENIUS TMZ!! CAMPAIGNING FOR GAY BOY LAMBERT MUCH LIKE BEYONCE DUET WITH ALEXANDRE ON X-FACTOR SEALED THE DEAL FOR HER WIN!!! I'M SURE GAY MARIO IS HAPPY WITH THE +1. ROFL.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments