Rapper Gunned Down in Shopping Mall Shooting

5/18/2009 10:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

DollaAn Atlanta-based rapper named Dolla was brutally shot and killed at the Beverly Center in Los Angeles earlier this afternoon.

Dolla -- who was hanging out at the mall with another rapper -- was shot in the head at around 3:10 PM PST, according to the LA Times.

Two suspects allegedly fled the scene after the incident -- one was arrested a short time later while trying to catch a flight at LAX.

He was 21.

Story developing ...

Hey, douchnozzles

The Beverly Center IS NOT IN BEVERLY HILLS. So the troll calling himself "CityofBeverlyHillsEmployee" is full of crud and baiting everyone for attention. Guess what? He wins!

Nnahh

#44. Your clearly out of touch with the culture of his music, so why even bother passing judgemnet? He just died a few hours ago and people are like who cares as if his life wasn't taken away in such a senseless and violent way.....he is somebodies child that was loved and will be missed.

You should really pray that the same fate doesn't befall your own children one day, because senseless acts of violence can happen to anyone, rich and famous or working class and average. His mother is going to have to bury her ONLY SON... I care becasue it's sad. Someone being shot in the HEAD is sad. Karma is a beast and a lot of you need to be preparing for her bite. RIP DOLLA

LT

DOLLA was a Great young man, he was not what u would expect with all of the tattoo's.. he was well spoken and smart and figured out a way to make a life for himself.. him being shot n the head n broad daylite should tell us that this wasn't some simple arguement that went too far.. I'll Miss seeing u around... R.I.P. Bucc aka Dolla

poopy pants

its very sad and i notice he has a teardrop tattooed under his eye. Which menas he's either killed someone, or wants people to think he killed someone. I guess some people die like they live. What a shame.

Hustler

I'm a really miss dude, he recorded in my studio (Fullclip Recording Studios in San Diego, Ca) last year with plans to return this summer for another feature... A man will fight with his mind and hands if necessary, but a coward will use a weapon to make up for being less of a man in the physical form... Please stop being cowards... You could see pictures of him on my myspace @: myspace.com/fullclipentertainment

los angeles guy

#52
did you say you could see his pics on myspace Full CLIp entertainment??
I don't want to be negative but maybe a lesson can be learned here

Nnahh

Please just let this man rest in peace.....he can't defend himself at this point! RIP Dolla

lisa lisa

YESTERDAY'S LA EARTHQUAKE IS MORE INTERESTING THAN THIS "STORY".

Anonymous

CityofBeverlyHillsEmployee, what an ignorant and racist comment. Your coworkers are actually decent people and feel that you are morally wrong to target innocent people because of the color of their skin. You call the cops on people because they are black? How about if I call the cops on your ass for being an ignorant racist white f***? You need a taste of your own medicine. You are precisely what is wrong with society, not black people. For the record, I'm white, and you seriously just pissed me off.

ttbaby

My money is still on fifty and his brother as the gunmen -Just adds up to me.

FLOSSY!!!!!

THATS THE SAME REASON I MOVED OUT OF L.A AND I STAYED IN THE HOOD MANCHESTER/WESTERN "SOUTH CENTRAL L.A""THATS SO CRAZY .......BEVERLY CENTER IS PROBABLY THE MOST LUXURY MALL IN L.A.....RIGHT OFF 3RD AND LA CIENAGA.....IT IS IN THE HEART OF BEVERLY HILLS ...YOU CAN CATCH CELEBERTIES IN THAT MALL ANY GIVEN DAY OF THE WEEK......WHEN WILL PPL LEARN THAT LIFE IS REALLY REALLY TO SHORT TO DO ANYTHING STUPID ...WE AE HERE TODAY AND GONE TOMORROW.....I HOPE THE ONES THAT DID IT GET THE DEATH PENALTY WITH NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!!!!!!

ANOTHER DOLLA ANOTHER DREAM

I knew Dolla he was full of life hard working and ALWAYS mindS his own business. We were on tour recently he spoke at schools and he had ways with children very down to earth we spent days on a bus together he had a big dream and he loved his friends he was a loyal dude. Dolla met this kid in Jackson Ms he was may be 12 he met with the kids parent asked permission to take him and his brother out the kids had mad fun with him hes telling 1of the kids why he shouldnt be fighting in school... For those who didnt known him if you cant sympathise please just dont comment... RIP HOMIE WE WILL MISS U.. KEEEP YOUR HEAD UP T, KEV, SHABAZZ,ADAM,SCRAP....... PRAY FOR HIM HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
KONVICT MUZIK 4 LIFE

Matt

Im sure his lifestyle was all a front to enhance his music career, just like Rick Ross, Ja Rule, Vanilla Ice. The wannabe Dolla probably tangled with the wrong individual and ended up getting shown how real the game is. Which is sad because the only people playing are ignorant idiots with guns.

christia

i think this is sad like yall sittin here like welcome to la thats sad... i jus was wonderin wat happen to him damn....rip man imma miss u u was so sexy and a good rapper its jus said wat the worlds turnin to that a few words exchanged or wat eva can result to thing regardless la or wat this shouldnt happen wats the point of security or feds if regardless our black rappers or men period are still being murdered

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

CityofBEvHills, listen, where you are, that maybe what you think you see, but I go to school with at least 95% black people and there is NO crime. I mean NO crime. Maybe if you have rappers in "the game" that is what happens, but here in Atlanta, most of the black people that are trying to do good for themselves do not cause crimes. Anyone in the hood, black or white or mexican that feels hopeless will cause a crime, or any rapper that is in that game will shoot people. I don't know why a guy in Beverly Hills would kill someone though, I have a feeling the guy that shot Dolla was not short of money, not that you kill people for money, just that people that are raised in poverty end up doing that sometimes. Some people do kill people when owed money of course, I feel that is horrible though.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments