Rapper Gunned Down in Shopping Mall Shooting

5/18/2009 10:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

DollaAn Atlanta-based rapper named Dolla was brutally shot and killed at the Beverly Center in Los Angeles earlier this afternoon.

Dolla -- who was hanging out at the mall with another rapper -- was shot in the head at around 3:10 PM PST, according to the LA Times.

Two suspects allegedly fled the scene after the incident -- one was arrested a short time later while trying to catch a flight at LAX.

He was 21.

Story developing ...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

cherryblossoms

thats very tragic and my heart goes out to all his family and friends, this world just gets more f'ed up everyday it seems like.

The REAL DEAL

SO I ASSUME HIS RAP NAME IS AVAILABLE? LET ME RUN OUT AND GET MY NECK AND FACE TATTOO AND HOOK UP WITH A BUNCH OF HIGH SCHOOL DROP-OUT GANG BANGERS AND GET ME A CD ON THE STREET. DONT' WANT SOMEONE ELSE TO GET THE DROP ON THAT KILLER (PUN INTENDED) HOOD MONIKER.

passion3rd

wow! i cant believe this happen to him.. i knew him personally. he was a good friend to me, my boyfriend, & his community. who ever did this she be ashamed of there selves.. smh! i can jus imagine how his mom feels.. she is so sweet.. this kinda of things shouldnt happen to ppl.. i mean c'mon foreal? all that over a damn arguement!!! ppl really need to calm down with there emotions... it's a damn shame that ppl have to lose there friends, there children, there homies or homegirls over a damn arguement!!!

Edumacated

Questions for Young Black Men and Women:

1. Why do you hate yourselves so much?

2. Why does another black life mean so little to you?

3. Were you raised to devalue black life?

4. Do you kill other blacks because you fear there will be repercussions if you kill whites, but you think you can get away with "murder" so long as your target is black?

5. Why do you take such joy in killing those who look JUST LIKE YOU?

These are serious questions that no one ever asks. White liberals make excuses for your behavior. Your own black President IGNORES your behavior so long as it doesn't touch his lily white world. You will never stop this animalistic behavior unless you LOOK at what you are doing AND ask yourselves WHY. YOU ARE NOT ANIMALS. Why do you behave as if you are?

meka1230

Thats so sad and was only 21!! My heart goes out to his family. R.I.P DOLLA!! 1 day ur here and the next u can b gone!1!!

lala

HUGE EGO

Like I said, pre-meditated and I was right. He went to the BC to kill that kid.

As far as an east coast/ west coast thing, sounds like just an east coast thing. I'm not talking "out of my neck" and you are the loser. And I doubt I will be the next victim cuz I don't get in altercations with people on planes.

Muffy

I liked him. This so tragic, he was so young.

R.I.P. Dolla

hatesillyppl09

R.I.P DOLLA YOU WERE A VERY TALENTED RAPPER AND FOR ALL THE IGNORANT PPL LEAVING HATEFUL AND INSENSITIVE COMMENTS GROW UP. KEEP LIVING AND IT WON'T BE TOO LONG BEFORE YOU EXPERIENCE SOMETHING LIKE THIS. PPL LIKE YOU REALLY UPSET ME I (HATE) SILLY PPL!!!!! REST IN PEACE PEACE DOLLA YOU ARE MISSED!!!

Taisha, In Chicago

I have often wondered what race's through the mind of a person who
premeditates the murder of another human being. This
person was so filled with rage,hate and urgency to SNUFF OUT this
young mans life that not even the fact that he was out in
the openness of a public and very busy area would even deter him/her.
That's very,very SCARY that he had such disreguard
FOR HUMAN LIFE and all the other living souls that witnessed this
tragedy. Everyday people seem to be acting on impulse
never even giving thought to their actions and moving around in the
universe without common decency or common sense.
I will pray for this young man as I do for all other people who leave
this world by way of tragic ending and ask the FATHER IN
HEAVEN TO PLEASE KEEP HIM IN HIS MEMORY ALONG WITH ALL OF US WHEN WE
PERISH SO THAT WE ALL WILL
HAVE ANOTHER CHANCE AGAIN AT EVERLASTING LIFE.......IN JESUS NAME,
AMEN!

joecrax

Its amazing how these "rappers" Perceive that they have lived a life like this since very young, but when feces hits the fan its a shock to all. My biggest concern is how no one seems to notice that these young schmucks are the "role models" of today, the ones leading us to believe that this is a way of life, Smack a b#$%H , make money and get drunk, oh yeah were gangsters!? Right ! If so his destiny was written the minute he chose to live the role of something he wasn't . In plain english "the motherf#$@#r knew it was coming" I feel for his family in every way because no man deserves death from another man. I hope some see beyond the smut that will be shown and said and see the victims of all stereotypes we choose to glorify in an attempt to just live good! If we have not seen the influence in the way our children are as compared to how it was just 7 years ago then we truly are blind. But then again americas most wanted catch child molesters on TV but america can see a twenty something year old having relations with miley cyrus and not be human enough to see its rape! The Line isn't thin anymore my friends we are just being stupid! I feel nothing for "DOLLA" but for Roderick Anthony Burton II a man and talent that no one knows but thinks they do. Rip young one but everything is written , you are at peace while we all lye in hell.

the truth

you people are ignorant ass hell

$$$$$$$

MY SON JOSEPH WAS MURDER ON 12-27-2005, HE WERE 22 YEAR OLDS. HE WROTE THIS POEM ALONG WITH OTHERS POEMS. I LOVE ALL OF HIS WORK, BUT THIS POEM HELP ME TO LEARN HOW TO LIVE AGAIN.

MY HEART GOES OUT TO THE FAMILY AND MAY GOD GIVE THEM STRENGTH

Death
Life is something we should appreciate and adore
because there comes a time in life our services are
not needed anymore.

A time in life when we are the next step closer,
and if you have done what He asked, the struggle is over.

A time when one passes from this world to another--
a time when we lose a family member, friend or lover.
This has been happening long before our existence,
but some think it's a joke until they are convinced.

A time in life that we rejoice and have sorrow, so we
must change our wicked ways,
because that time can come tomorrow.

To have one pass away can leave you emotionally scarred,
but you must maintain your composure and keep
your faith in God.

So we must stop the hate and seek forgiveness for our sins,
because whether you know it or not,
death is what we must face in the end.

Joseph

akerockstar

such a sad story. R.I.P. DOLLA. this was a brazen shooting at an upscale mall in broad daylight! what i don't understand is that both DOLLA and the shooter are both from Atlanta. Did they know each other??? Hope to get more details, but again, this was horrible. DOLLA was just 21 years old, and came from a family with a lot of tragedy. Hope the shooter gets A LOT of time!!!

moochie moo

ALL OF THE FOLKS THAT KEEP POSTING COMMENTS OFF THE SITUATION AND SPEAKING PROVERSLY ABOUT IT NEED TO KILL THEM SELVES NO PAWN INTENDED! HOW COULD YOU ALL BE SO MEAN AND HEARTLESS THE FACT SOMEONE JUST LOST THERE LIFE AND IT MAY NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR LIFE BUT IT DID IN MANY OTHERS AND THERE IS NO NEED TO BE BASHING HIS NAME AND STUFF ALL ON THE WEB HE IS DEAD AND GONE LET HIM HAVE THIS MOMMENT OF GLORY CUZ HELL U STILL IN HELL ATLEAST HE IN A BETTER PLACE AND SO THEREFORE LIVE UP TO THE FACT THAT IF YOU CAN STOOP THAT LOW TO TALK MESS ABOUT A DECEASED PERSON THEN U MIGHT AS WELL BE DEAD TOOO!!!

R.I.P 2 DOLLA U KEPT IT REAL!! (MAYBE 2 REAL)

Mesha

WHO CARES!!

Posted at 7:32 PM on May 18, 2009 by Michelle

Maybe someone should shoot one of the members in your family or better yet maybe they should shoot you! if you don't care why comment no one asked you to come on here and write **** because your too stupid to show a little remorse. The truth is I'm sure his friends and family care that's the answer to your dumb and utterly ridiculous question.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6