Suspect Identified in Dolla Murder

5/18/2009 11:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

DollaA man has been arrested in connection with the shooting death of rapper Dolla -- we've learned he goes by the name Aubrey Berry.

Here's what went down. Sources say after the shooting, the LAPD put out an alert that the suspect may have fled to the Los Angeles International Airport in an attempt to fly out of the city.

LAX police spotted a man who matched the description, sitting in the lobby area of Terminal 1. Cops approached Berry and almost immediately he said he knew why cops were there and then raised his hands and told them he had a 9 millimeter handgun in his waistband.

Berry (we have not confirmed if this is his legal name or an alias) -- a 23-year-old African American male -- was taken into custody.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

fuck yall hatas!!!

you ignorant heartless inconsiderate bastards who speaks on the dead........i wish a curse on all dat spoke horrible things about dolla a talented young man wrong place wrong time............everyone that made a negative comment can burn internally in hell!!!!!!!

r.i.p dolla truely missed lots of luv n respect!!!!!!

Mark

This is what gets me about rap: They become famous, for sounds they rip off of past artist, talk the lyrics, because they cannot sing a note, become famous and wealthy. They are constantly saying "the Man" keeps them down, so here was their chance, make some money, move out of the hood, and become something worth a damn. And what do they do?? Continue acting like animals. Stay thugs. Rap about thugs. And prove that it was themselves, and themselves alone that were keeping them down. I have no sympathy for any of them when I read articles like this. It is not a shame. They do this to themselves. Kids listen to this crap. So they think being a thug is great. And where do they end up? IN graves or prison. Rappers had this great chance to send out a positive message to kids in the hoods. And turn their neighborhoods around, kids do listen to what they rap about. But what do the rappers do? Rap about beating their girlfriends, and killing people. So thier neighborhoods now have become more dangerous. Because the kids want to be just like what they are hearing about in the "lyrics". All I can say is TRASH...PURE TRASH!!

AmsterUK

This is a message to all the idiots who've been putting down dolla, or saying he deserves it, or somehow holding him responsible for his own death.There are a lot of twits commenting on this article. A lot of fools with no respect for a man who's just been shot dead. Just because Dolla's musical talents lay in hip-hop, isn't to say, he's any less of a human being than anyone else - or that he deserved to be shot dead. That's just plain idiotic to suggest that. It's a free world, you can rhyme about whatever you want. His lyrics weren't particularly morbid or threatening, but that's besides the point anyway. I suspect the negative comments can only come from a few racist/prejudiced/uninformed LOSERS who don't appreciate the genre or the talent. The 23 year old prick who shot him should be the subject of our anger. What kind of ar**hole does it take to pick up a gun and end a man's life - no petty dispute requires the end result to be someone's death. On a final note, stop speculating you plebs - let's get all the facts over the coming months and let justice take its course. RIP Dolla. Some decent music, did you create.

sanaa daniel

i think its sad how people who prob dont knw either of these people have so much to say. To everybody that just loves to have something to talk about you really should read more than one source for your info. Its not just one family thats hurting now, keep that in mind.. And to the sorry ass media, stop putting false information out please.

My Name

The people that have posted comments about the way it has confused you about the Dolla and Aubrey Berry. It never names them both as Aubrey Berry. All is says, (A man has been arrested in connection with the shooting death of rapper Dolla) -- we've learned he goes by the name Aubrey Berry. Did you get it now dumb asses !

I feel really bad about what happened to Dolla! : (

I wish the best to his family and fans , His in a better palce and I hope that Aubrey Berry dude dies in jail
just witn in a week of being convicted.

MsRaspy

I really dislike judgemental people. I knew Aubrey Berry and I am truly sadened by this tragic event. I dont know exacty what happened, as do none of us. But I do know I never saw this side of him. I pray for all the people involved. I dont believe there is any good explaination for this, but, I feel like it was not purposley heartles and cruel on Aubrey's part. Bad judgement and decisions, but he's not a heartless murderer. He may have to pay for this in a way that may hurt alot of people including me, but I will pray about it and let it go.....

MoneyBling

He had such pretty eyes... R.I.P.
I listened to his songs, and he was super talented, too. but too young

AdamLambertIsGay

If you understood proper english and punctuation you would understand that TMZ did not give the same name for the victim and the shooter. Aubrey Berry is in reference to the the possible alias of the shooter. Geez...

NTBL74

Some readers needs a better sense of comprehending, it says "A man has been arrested in connection with the shooting death of rapper Dolla -- we've learned he goes by the name Aubrey Berry." this is stating the man arrested goes by the Aubrey Berry not the rapper..Pay attention. May his soul rest in peace.

kathy rodriguez

I never meet DOLLA, but no one needs to put him down. YOU ALL ARE SO ****ING RUDE. IF THAT **** WAS YOUR FAMILY WOULDNT YOU CARE? IF YOU ASK ME YOU ALL ARE A BUNCH OF ****ING HATERS. STOP DRINK HATERADE BITCHES. HE MADE MORE MONEY THAN U HATERS WILL EVER SEE BITCHES. sad another fine brotha gone. R.I.P DOLLA YOUR MUSIC WILL LIVE ON

nina

what a shame how could aubrey berry kill an unarmed man this was college man who snapped

Aishabratz19

How can he be dead i loved him :(

Anishka

Dolla I Want 2 Meet U so Bad. I'm Crazy Madd U Got Murdered. I Still wanna Meet U iN tHE aFTER lIFE. yOU lOOK sO sWEET iN yOUR PHOTO'S.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7