Actress Claims Sexual Battery Against ICM

5/19/2009 6:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

MIss British ColumbiaThe former Miss British Columbia 2004 claims in a lawsuit one of the biggest talent agencies in the world promised her stardom but instead -- she says she became the victim of a sexual assault.

Claire Robinson claims in her suit, filed today in L.A. County Superior Court, International Creative Management (ICM) "hip-pocketed" her -- that's a term used when a senior agent takes an inexperienced actress without credits under his wing. The suit claims the agency "sexually exploited the 'hip-pocketed' actresses" they brought in.

Robinson claims in her lawsuit she was "sexually battered in an ICM limousine en route to a Paramount Studio event." The suit goes on ..."Robinson was later raped by another co-conspirator." Robinson claims the alleged rapist is a talent manager who conspired with ICM Executive VP Jack Gilardi.

Robinson claims Gilardi accepted bribes -- in the form of cash and gold watches -- in return for "hip pocketing" an actress who his friends wanted to "sexually exploit."

Robinson says the "hip-pocketing" practice is conducted "under the nose of Jeffrey Berg, the Chairman of ICM, in full view of its employees," and is an "inside joke" or "dirty secret," known by all within the entertainment industry.

Robinson's attorney Perry Wander tells TMZ "This case was filed as a class action because Ms. Robinson has since learned that this scheme has ensnared other actresses who were 'hip-pocketed' by ICM and sexually exploited."

She's suing for unspecified damages.

UPDATE: 5:48 PM ET -- An ICM spokesperson just gave TMZ the following statement: "Ms. Robinson's allegations are completely baseless. ICM denies any and all wrongdoing and will vigorously defend this action."

Pistol

This is a common practice that has been around forever.

sam

Really surprised how mean the posters are. This stuff is definitely going on and it is disgusting.

Rilikutza

I believe her. There was an actor, I won't say his name, that I met while promoting a bridal fashion line, at an event in the Marriott hotel, in Romania (it's a country in Europe). He was really nice, he took photos with me and my friends and he said he would like to have some of our phone numbers. He was going to film here for a while and wanted to make some friends. No harm there. So I gave him my phone number. So, because the bridal fashion event was for a few days, me and another girl(a friend of mine) get a phone call from him, asking us to lunch, the next day. So we go to lunch with him, ask him a lot of questions about Hollywood, I, myself am studying acting here, and played in some movies, etc, so I was really interested to know more about life in America, Hollywood, etc. So, he was really nice, we finished lunch, he goes to the lobby of the first floor of the hotel and he starts to play the piano. Everyone was really impressed (me included). Anyway, he tells us he's leaving in a couple of days. but he'll return to shoot this movie. In about a month I get a phone call, and it's HIM! I couldn't believe it!! This huge Hollywood star is calling ME! So he tells me he's staying at the Marriott hotel again, and asking me if I had anything scheduled for that day. I said no, and asked him if he wants to go out, I could call some of my friends, take him on a tour of Bucharest (the capital of Romania), but he says no... He would rather like me to come at his hotel and watch a movie in his room.... That's when it struck me: all that act, being nice to me and my friend, was just so he could sleep with me. I said, sorry but no, and that was the end of our conversation. After I told my mom what had happened, I called my friend, who was with me at the bridal fashion show and she told me he had just called her, and she declined his invitation as well.... I was disgusted and felt stupid, but learned something from it : No guy , with that power, celebrity or whatever acts nice to you unless they want something in return. If you're thinking of asking why I declined, the answer is : I have a boyfriend whom I love, and even if I didn't, having sex with him would not lead to anything - he didn't want a relationship - probably just coming to a country and wanting to see how the women are here. I wasn't about to be that girl. I will continue on my path and trying to make as little compromises as I can. This career is rough everywhere.

Disgusting

#21, YOU ARE INCORRECTLY STATING WHAT HAPPENED IN THAT CALL. FIRST OF ALL, THAT WAS THE DERANGED DR. LAURA WHO SHOULD HAVE BEEN THROWN IN JAIL FOR HER RECKLESS REPONSE.

DR. LAURA HAS BEEN MENTAL AND IRRESPONSIBLE IN MANY OF HER RESPONSES, INCLUDING ONE CALL WHEN SHE TOLD AN ADOLESCENT WHO'D BEEN MOLESTED BY HER BROTHER-IN-LAW THAT IT WAS HER FAULT. LAURA IS A MENTAL CASE. LATER LAURA RETRACTED AND TRIED TO BLAME THE VICTIM FOR NOT DESCRIBING ALL THE DETAILS. LAURA SHOULD BE MENTALLY EXAMINED. IT'S A WONDER SHE AND THE RADIO STATION HAVEN'T BEEN ROYALLY SUED.

What really happened was the caller was a student who went out drinking with friends. Her boyfriend was unavailable to pick her up. She did the responsible things and called another friend, a black male, to give her a ride home.

The "friend" walked her into her home and came inside to hang out and watch tv for a few minutes. The caller was really drunk and the "friend" exploited her condition. As she blacked out, she felt his hands lifting up her dress.

When she awoke the next day, her dress was over her head and she was lying askew on the couch. The "friend" had left her like that and vanished, no note, nothing.

The caller struggled with what to do because she felt she couldn't report a black man, or it would be racist. That's how twisted and out of control the racism agenda has become in this country. She also, wrongly, assumed blame for having invited her friend in to hang and watch tv. Women are trained to accept blame and responsibility for rape.

Laura basically told her she'd asked for it. To all women, DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS LUNATIC.

And to the commenter, you must be a rapist looking for validation. It is deeply disturbing how many commenters here shift blame for rape on to the victim. Must be a lot of rapists frequenting this site.

scott is yummy.

some of you people are completely out of line and insensitive
blaming the women for these things that happen when all they have are hopes and dreams of becoming a somebody
men seem so jealous toward women in some ways.
moral decay has become the norm.

Disgusting

False rape accusations are rare, estimated at 2%, so shut the F up.

Rape is a serious crime.

It is hard enough to get justice for sexual assault without moron lowlifes with agendas spewing false information on a gossip site. Perhaps the accused party is planting comments on this site.

This lawsuit smacks of authenticity. The garbage that goes on in the film industry is out of control.

Women fight back. It is never your fault. They should feel shame, NOT YOU.

jean-francois

first time its rape second time you like it point blank !!!!!!

Disgusting

Can lesbianism be acquired? It's looking better and better. Men are sick pigs who only bring misery and problems to the world.

Rilikutza

LH

I wanted to read Claire's complaints. TMZ used to post interesting lawsuits. I really liked reading the Complaints that were filed in the courts. Does anyone know why TMZ doesn't do that anymore?

April

"if some of these women didn't condone or partake in these sex games, then men wouldn't be so inclined to do what they do. I don't blame men, I blame the women who play the game & lose! "

I assume by your name that you are a woman. I have to tell you that I am not what you would call a feminist, however if there is one things that makes me furious it is when a woman condemns another woman this way. I can handle sexism when it comes from a man because it is more expected, but I hate when it comes from a woman. What are you 70? A woman "deserves it" because she's dressed a certain way? What "sex game was this woman taking part in? What is her crime....wanting a career in Hollywood? You don't blame the man? If a man rapes a woman, you don't blame the man?????

alishalee

DOLLSHOUSE IS THE MOST POPULAR GROUP IN LONDON AND NOW IS COMING TO SACRAMENTO C TO SHOT A VIDEO TO THE MOVIE CHAINLETTER COMING OUT IN OCTOBER BOTH VIDEO AND MOVIE DIRECTED BY SACRAMENTO FILMMAKER OF THE YEAR DEON TAYLOR AND THE GROUP WILL ALSO DO A SHOW SO FOR MORE INFO LOG ON TO upallnite.tv

Only marry foreign women

The reason there are many false rape claims is because women are not punished. The government rarely charges here with a crime. Remember Crystal Gail Mangum, a stripper, escort, and students at North Carolina Central University, falsely accused three white American Duke University students - members of the Duke Blue Devils men's lacrosse team of raping her at a party. She got a trip to Oprah and book deal out of her false allegation. No charges for her crime.

Only marry foreign women

Little stands between a man falsely accused of rape and a long stretch in prison. Being accused of rape is enough. Those dudes are in a bad place if they did it or not.

They probably had sex with her because American women are whores, but I doubt guys were raping women at this company.

Cleveland-West_Side

How do you think I got the "Jell-O" commercial when I was a kid, "Watch it wiggle, see it jiggle..."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments