« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Vick

Out of Prison

5/20/2009 9:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0520_michael_vick_bn-1Lock up your puppies -- Michael Vick is out of prison.

Vick left prison early this morning and is on his way to his home in Hampton, Va. where he will serve the final two months of his federal sentence on house arrest.

His release was shrouded in secrecy over concerns for his safety.

Vick served the past 19 months at Leavenworth Penitentiary in Kansas after pleading guilty to bankrolling a dogfighting ring.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

MojoCeltica

TheRealMIA writes: "...never in a million years would I put the life value of my dog ahead of that of another human being... ...Donte Stallworth on the other hand DUI hits a pedistrian, killed instantly...No bloggers saying he should be killed."

Dear TheRealMIA: My sister was hit and left by the side of the road to die. The guy that hit her got 12-years of which he served 2. I completely understand. I forgave the guy. I think the difference here is intent.. and it's not the necessarily the value of the dog's life vs. human life. I think people want to punish of the soulessness of the act.They want to kill the monster inside, It is easy to say such things because, in light of his acts, he is no longer viewed AS human. That's my take on it anyway.

MojoCeltica

PAHairston wties: In general, white folks have always loved their animals more than they love black folks.

Oh stop. And what facts do you base that on? Are you standing outside on a corner conducting an impromptu White People Poll? Just exactly how many White People did you interview to arrive at this indictment of the White Race?

MJ

Hell even I love my dogs more than my own people, just look at what the animals did to my city in 2005

Kooky Fan

I hope he learned his lesson. Time will tell, but I wish him the best.

Solomon

@ NotJustanothername
I'm a thug for believing in something called fairness? Take a trip out to a slaughterhouse and see how those animals are treated. Go watch someone hunt or travel to some parts of Africa where people poach and do heinous things to animals for money, or how about some places in Asia where dog meat is eaten. Until you go to any of those places shut ya mouth. Mike Vick served 2 years nearly over some animals while there are people who molest children that get only 8 months and get out in 6. Mike Vick shouldn't of been in jail to begin with. Prison is for actual criminals not petty crimes. He made a mistake, so what. Where any humans or children harmed...NO then prison time isn't warranted. Another thing are you retarded, how do you misspell my name when its on the screen, do you have trouble reading?

les

I believe he has paid his debt and hopefully learned a lesson. He should never be allowed to play professional football again. He is not someone I would want my child to look up to. Mike go back to the ghetto. You blew the only chance you had to get out. Do you know how many college football players would have loved the opportunities you had and be good role models? Just go away.

RR

JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THIS PUCK IN THE NFL OR ANY PROFESSIONAL HIGHLIGHTED POSITION. HE IS NO LONGER DESERVANT OF ANY PRIVALEDGE. HE HAS BEEN GIVEN A SLAP ON THE WRIST, WHICH IS SICKENING WITHIN ITSELF, AND SHOULD BE MADE AN EXAMPLE OF FOR EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATES IN THIS PRACTICE AND BEHAVIOR. ASPCA NEEDS TO PUT THE HAMMER, AND I MEAN HAMMER, TO THESE PUCKS OF THE WORLD.

Octomad

No second changes for dog killer Vick, not in football anyway. Show your remorse by working at a shelter cleaning up dog crap. You no good piece of sh.t. Hope someone beats the hell out of you.

tlynn

MojoCeltica...leave the meth alone!! It should have been you hit & left on the side of the road! What a moron! Please don't reproduce!!!!

steph

Seriously, I do not understand these people... they pay so much money to eat their precious meat and if you have not noticed those animals are tortured for you people to eat them and then Vick goes and did this terrible thing and he goes to jail paid for what he did.. which I thought it was ridiculous for him to spend all that time in jail is not that he killed a human being. I love animals and they should not be treated bad, but Why do you want him to be dead???? He is human and humans make mistakes + he has a family...What is wrong with you people???

tlynn

WELCOME HOME MR. VICK!! YOUR FANS & THE NFL AWAIT YOUR RETURN!!!

p.s. how many children's lives were potentially saved from these pitbull attacks? i'd say he did these children a favor, there are less pitbulls in VA to attack/maul/kill innocent little chilren! Get over it!

Wc from Sc

Jane it's too bad for you but i would love to give it to Obama hell he is the PRESIDENT he can have me anytime.

tlynn

46. I hope he drops dead.....for those of you that don't care about no dogs are probably just as bad as he is and need to go back to school for grammar lessons

Posted at 11:25AM on May 20th 2009 by Heather

Are you stupid, slow or retarded? Why don't you take your own advice, clearly homeschooling was not your parents best choice! Point being: "for those of you that don't care about NO dogs", stupid is as stupid does!!

babykakes 20

I REALLY THINK AMERICA NEEDS TO GET A DAMN LIFE THE MAN DID HIS CRIME AND HIS TIME SO LEAVE HIM BE I MEAN BE FOR REAL AND THINK ABOUT IT WE DONT HAVE ANYOTHER THING IN OUR LIVES TO WORRIE ABOUT GAS IS GOING BACK UP TALK ABOUT THAT

Ed

I'm in full support of this partially eductaed felon getting back to work. There are plenty of panhandling positions available at the downtown Atlanta Greyhound station. He'll be able to find it. All his equally stupid friends work there now.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments