Nas to Kelis: Pay Your Own Damn Way

5/20/2009 3:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

NASNas, one of the biggest and richest rappers around, does not want to pay his estranged, pregnant wife, Kelis, a penny in spousal support.

Kelis filed for divorce April 30. She's weeks from giving birth and unable to work, but no matter to Nas -- he's filed his response to the divorce, asking the judge to deny her the spousal support she's seeking. For bad measure, he also wants her to pay her own lawyer's fees.

Nas and Kelis both want joint custody of their unborn child.

Kelis cites "irreconcilable differences" for the divorce, but we're told she believes he was cheating on her and that's what buzz-killed the marriage.

Launch Photos

Todd Lee

typical piece of trash rapper. this moron mkes millions and wont help his wife and unborn child.

Only marry foreign women

The judge will order him to pay 60% of his net income.

The dudes not to bright getting married in the USA to a strong, independent woman. You'll pay. And in five years when you make $25k a year and all but forgotten the government will throw you in jail for being a deatbeat. no government bailout for you

antoinette

OKAY DUMB #2 WHO MADE THAT COMMENT ABOUT ABORTION ....SHE IS WEEKS AWAY FROM GIVING BIRTH .BUTT HEAD

Only marry foreign women

Pay up sucker. American Men are stupid. Ha Ha. 18 years of tax free income for her.

Only marry foreign women

guy's gonna pay for 18 years, and it's probility not his baby.

Only marry foreign women

There are Safe Harbor laws. she could throw the baby in the garbage, and not spend a day in jail. it's almost like abortion

antoinette

HEY MR. JACKA......YOUR NAME SUCKS PINKFLOYD IT SHOULD BE PUNKFLOYD

Forgetabito

The real reason behind the divorce is that Kelis made a sex tape with another rapper while married to Nas. Nas confronted her about it so she filed for divorce to beat him to the punch and draw public speculation that HE did something wrong.

Crystal

People these two were MARRIED when she got pregnant. I doubt there is any married pregnant woman out there that has enough courage to leave her husband when she is about to give birth unless its INFEDELITY. If I were her I would hire a private detective and get more $. It must be nice for all the closet racists to come onto this website and show your true colors!

jean-francois

nas betta o.j. that bitch quick fast

Only marry foreign women

She take my money, when I'm in need
Yeah she's a triflin' friend indeed
Oh she's a gold digger way over time
That digs on me

Only marry foreign women

Marriage means zero - can you say unilateral (one decides) and no-fault (for no reason)

WOuld she have divorced him if did not get all the money?

Only marry foreign women

Here me roar. I'm strong, independent women. Now give me your money!!!!!

Only marry foreign women

Is this the line where I lose my kid, 18 years of income, most of my sh1t, and get a restraining order. Great. The line is moving.

Still in Shock

A black not wanting to pay support.......NAW!!!! LOL