Nas to Kelis: Pay Your Own Damn Way

5/20/2009 3:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

NASNas, one of the biggest and richest rappers around, does not want to pay his estranged, pregnant wife, Kelis, a penny in spousal support.

Kelis filed for divorce April 30. She's weeks from giving birth and unable to work, but no matter to Nas -- he's filed his response to the divorce, asking the judge to deny her the spousal support she's seeking. For bad measure, he also wants her to pay her own lawyer's fees.

Nas and Kelis both want joint custody of their unborn child.

Kelis cites "irreconcilable differences" for the divorce, but we're told she believes he was cheating on her and that's what buzz-killed the marriage.

Launch Photos

Still in Shock

15. B*tches always want to get pregnant then get the judge to strong-arm the man into submission.

Posted at 2:40PM on May 20th 2009 by The office geek who has pictures of Selma Hayek pictures all over his cubicle.

Selma Hayek stalker, I haven't ever heard or seen a judge STRONG-ARM anybody...its the law...fool!!!

41. 85% of divorces are initiated by women.

Posted at 3:44PM on May 20th 2009 by Gold Diggers Union Member

Hey Male Gold Digger, its cuz 100% of males are too d@mn stupid and mamas wittle boyz.

Only marry foreign women

Is this the line were I lose my children, 18 years of income, most of my sh1t, get an order of protection against me, and thrown jail for missing a few payments? Great. The line is moving.

Only marry foreign women

If women are strong and independent why do women need 18 years of a guys money- sounds DEpendent.

If the man got the kids, he doesn't get support from the women. WTF.

musiqchica2007

@ Nancy: What do you mean REAL women do not divorce? I know if my significant other was cheating on me or so much as THOUGHT about laying a hand on me in a violent way, he'd be out on his ass so fast that it would make his head spin. Why? Because there is NO way I would ever let a man (or a woman; I'm all for equal opportunity here) disrespect me. And for the record, I live in a state where there is no community property law so taking half of his/her money wouldn't be a motivation; knowing myself, I probably wouldn't want any of his/her filthy money.

Now that being said, everyone knows about Kelis and the sex tape, and I'm inclined to agree with Nas here. She has her own money (she's still one of the biggest selling artists in Europe), and she didn't exactly come up from modest beginnings. So if she filed for divorce after HER infidelity, she should pay for it and her own attorney's fees.

RIP DOLLA

AGREE WITH #45-NAS AIN'T RICH!!

burt

Americans are so stupid. Get married and when the women is tired of you or decides you are not doing what SHE wants you to do just get pregnant and take all of his assets. How pathetic can American men be? I suggest you guys take notes from Saudi and Kuwaiti men. Thats why they can have many wives and if their wives want a divorce they don't get anything or they keep what they had before the relatonship. No wonder Arabs ALWAYS keep their money. At least when you marry foreign women you can get off with just a green card and ctizenship for her. It still beats giving up the house, car and 18 years of child suppoort. Dumb asses. People say all foreign women want is money and a green card which is proably true. It still beats 18 plus years of free money and a house you have to GIVE away. Clear example of how the educaton systems sucks in the United States and how weak American men have become.Green card and citzenshp Vs. 18 plus years of chld support or spousal support and the house and a car. HMMM! Also American women cheat more and can't cook half the time. You be the judge. American women are smarter. They want to take you for 18 plus years and dumb ass american men fall for it. Clear example of a lacking education system for men at least.

Marina326

WHAT??? Some nasty thug rapper won't support his pregnant soon-to-be ex-wife? Shocking, truly.

rappers_suck

I guess someone else's milkshake was better than yours! But seriously, this idiot is going to lose, especially if he goes about it the way TMZ is claiming..What a douche!

Joe

First of all, they've been married for several years so their baby is not a "bastard". Secondly, NAS did NOT state that he won't provide Child Support (or any money whether it is court ordered or not) for his child. It is SPOUSAL SUPPORT that he doesn't want to pay. That is a big difference. I don't like that, because he's an African American male and a rapper people assume he wants to be a dead-beat father. NO. He just doesn't want to pay an ex-wife who has plenty of movie to support herself . She can pay her rent and groceries. He only has to worry about the child, not her.

Google-me-bitch!

once he knows he has to take care of the baby financially ..cuz at the end of the day..it's really not fair to the unborn child

KiWi1984

other websites have posted that it was nas idea for the divorce when he found out she made a sex tape with a unknown rapper, but she filed first out of spite, and the reason she got pregnant was a last attempt to save the marriage.

1961 days ago

Ms. Educated says "Really People?!"

It amazes me that some white folks on here have, once again, found a way to turn this story into a HATE ALL BLACK PEOPLE bashing opportunity. First off, for those that are saying NAS is a dead beat dad and "gangsta" rapper thug..GET AN EDUCATION!!! He hasn't had the baby yet and did not say anything about not taking care of it or giving his soon-to-be ex-wife child support. Secondly, NAS was never a "gangsta" rapper or thug and has never carried himself as such. Just because "gangsta" rap and young stupid thugs are what MAINSTREAM WHITE AMERICA likes, doesn't mean all male rappers are gangstas, low-life, and thugs. And NOT ALL RAPPERS ARE BLACK!!! There are conscience rappers putting out positive stuff, but WHITE AMERICA doesn't like that type of stuff from blacks, so they don't support it or commercialize it. They want to keep showing images most the stupid people on here are commenting about because it keeps blacks and other minorities looking like idiots, welfare cases, killers, thugs, drug dealers, and rapists; all out criminals.

Another comment I wanted to leave with is...IT IS OK SOME HAVEN"T HEARD OF NAS OR KELIS...and it's okay some haven't heard of Led Zepplin, Van Halen (fav), or Travis Tritt (also another good artist)...no one should be demonized for thier music tastes!

Now on to the story at hand.....as 1 blogger put it...U CAN"T TURN A WHORE INTO A HOUSEWIFE (for the guys)....and GET THAT MONEY GIRL (for the ladies)!!!

gigi

THERE IS NO SEXTAPE U RETARDS..SOME NO NAME RAPPER WAS TRYING TO GAIN EXPOSURE..

Whatever problems they have the child should be taken care of born and unborn..so if he has to pay for spousal support then so be it

SHABINDIGO

Supposedly, she made a sex tape with some rapper named Infared ( I remember the name, but I can't remember where from) Wendy Williams broke the story. Dude told her he made the tape and on it he's filming her while she's sleeping talking about "I got ya b*itch, Nas. You better handle your business" After the whole thing with his last girl and Jay-Z, dude is probably pissed off. He needs to take care of his kid, granted, but if she's making tapes screwing somebody else, to hell with her! Let THAT dude pay her way, I say.

SHABINDIGO

By the by, child support = supporting your child, spousal support = supporting your ex-spouse because they've gotten use to a lifestyle they can no longer maintain. If my girl was screwing somebody else period, let alone on tape, I'd be damned if I remain her meal ticket. My kids are a different story. Nas never said he wasn't going to take care of his kid; thats just what the d*ckhead wife-killers on here are saying to justify their "all-black-people-are-horrible-people" rantings. F*ck 'em