Natalie Cole Receives Used Kidney

5/20/2009 6:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Natalie ColeNatalie Cole is the proud new owner of someone else's kidney.

Cole's publicist just announced that the singer underwent a kidney transplant yesterday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.

Her rep says the surgery went off without a hitch, but Natalie will have to cancel her summer concert dates to recuperate for 3-4 months.

There is no such thing as reality tv

How cruel to refrer to the kidney someone donated like you would a "used" car. Your writers must be idiots.

1979 days ago

Patrica

That was highly unprofessional and classless to say that she received a "used" kidney. If it were Harvey Levin you would not use such an offensive caption. I pray that Ms. Cole has a speedy and successful recovery.
The right to free speech is not the right to be disrespectful.

1979 days ago

SUN

All kidneys are used..lol... I do think she was given special $$$$$$$-treatment. There are thousands of folks STILL waiting for kidneys, who have been waiting a lot longer than her. Just like the $$$$$$$- rich can adopt a child a lot quicker than the average person. Money really has a way ot speeding things up.

1979 days ago

n,sk

Why have a "used kidney" Natalie when I have a batch of brand new shiny ones growing out back in my garden! dumbass tmz!

1978 days ago

THese sternies are mean people who have no feelings

correction: I'd hit that used kidney

1978 days ago

Butterfly

Recently, when she was on "Larry King, " several people e-mailed the show to offer their kidney, I believe she said she wanted to wait and complete her concert commitments . Also, I remember it was her mother who worked very, very hard by remaining by her side and encouraged her daughter to get off drugs. I have not read or heard of her being back on drugs.

1978 days ago

Tracy Cousins

No matter how you feel about her, if it were you you'd want a organ transplant as well. To TMZ, the title was so tasteless, a USED Kidney, oh come on you know the correct term for it, all transplants are of someone elses body parts, how rude of you, shame on you.

1978 days ago

Trish

#47. Carriss...

I'm sure your husband's dead uncle would be so proud of your horrible language and hatred.

Looks like one of the two of you are better off now....
Karma is a bitch, get over yourself.

And also, get your facts straight. You mentioned someone killing themselves to give a kidney. If you would focus on educating yourself(espec. since you were so concerned about your hubby's uncle) instead of spewing your hateful words, you'd realize you don't have to be dead to give a kidney.
So knowing that now, are you going to offer your kidney to someone? Damn right you're not. I already know what kind of person you are by reading your disgusting post.
Oh, also, I guess Hep C is not a legitimate medical condition? Seriously? lol, you're an idiot.

And I'm guessing you would tell your husband that his uncle didn't deserve a kidney if he just happened to have been a drug user in the past? I think that would go over so well, wouldn't it?
You are one cold heartless woman.

I feel sorry for your hubby. There's no telling what he goes through on a daily basis. :( Don't be shocked if he ends up banging someone else. Good day.

1978 days ago

rhendrich

I THINK THAT IS HORRIBLE THAT PEOPLE ARE SO INSENSITIVE AND MEAN, EVERYONE HAS MADE BAD CHOICES AT SOME POINT IN THEIR LIFE, TO SAY SHE IS NOT WORTHY OF A KIDNEY IS INCONCEIVABLE. EVERYONE DESERVES A SECOND CHANCE AND WHAT IS MORE PREIOUS THAN THE GIFT OF LIFE.

1978 days ago

Gwenn

"Used" kidney, duh! You idiots....Why did you say "used"..

I say great, Ms. Cole. I wish her a healthy life. I look forward to seeing her in concert again. Her sister died of cancer the same day she received her kidney, so prayers to Ms. Cole and her family on their loss.

1977 days ago