Lee Majors: I Couldn't Watch the Farrah Special

5/23/2009 1:18 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Farrah Fawcett's first and only husband, Lee Majors, was not among the nearly nine million people who tuned in to see the TV special about her cancer battle.

Lee Majors -- play video

Yesterday at LAX, the former "Six Million Dollar Man" said the "whole thing was a little bit over done."

On a totally separate note ... Majors just celebrated his 70th birthday. We salute you, Col. Austin.

A Nurse

People who have cancer Are very intuned to themself and their disease as it takes every thing they have and then some to try and ward of this horrible sneeky disease that creeps up on people with out htem knowing until its to late as with some of the cancers such as pancreatic and liver and brain cancer . As for Mr majors some time prole think about what goes around comes around

Jill

He's such a gentleman, especially considering she left him for his best friend (Ryan O'Neal).

pat

34. patthebuny
So Farrah should just "go away"? Sounds like what you're saying is that people who have cancer are an embarrassment. Shame on you!
As Americans, we're ignorant about our bodies and how our bodies work. It's about time we start educating ourselves.
And do the world a favor...give yourself a good slap for insulting Farrah. She certainly doesn't come across as being the only one who's had cancer.

Posted at 4:28PM on May 23rd 2009 by Alexa

um.... excuse me but that is NOT what i said.. if you could actually read AND comprehend that would be great...
what i SAID was.. she is coming off as the only person in the world ever AFFECTED by cancer.. .jeeze.. at NO point did i say she should just "go away".. what the hell?... all i said was why couldn't she be more private about it. .she isn't the only person in the world with it.. ryan o'neal isn't the only person ever to watch someone die from it.... i nursed my husband thru 5 years of it.... alone.. while also raising our kids.. so yeah.. where do you come off saying that i think people with cancer are an embarrasment.. why don't you give YOURSELF a good slap upside the head and learn to COMPREHEND what you read instead of just mouthing the words as you go along.. idiot.

Mia

I see pain, not bitterness. I think he still loves her. He was the one hurt in the divorce.

vag

did she vote on American Idol? I doubt it. thats so selfish of her.

beachy

56. she SHOULD be embarassed she has cancer.

*****

How shallow can you be? You must be a miserable person that loves seeing someone else suffer. You better hope you don't get cancer and people think YOU should be embarrassed. I don't care who you are - you're an idiot,

Nuts

I hope he gets it were his balls fall off and he has to chase them down the street.God say i wish her well or something.

Hannah Harris

As usual I see some real tacky posts,just as tacky as what Lee said.I watched the special on Farrah and 9 other millions did also.She still has a lot of fans and admirers and the ones who whine about Farrah should be ashamed of themselves.

vag

it looks like farrah hasnt boughten a new outfit in a while, i cant believe shes wearing the same clothes, how dare she.

Joanie

Why are you saying Lee is heartless??? He said he couldn't bring himself to watch it.too painful. Don't forget Farrah was married to him and cheated with Ryan, I'm sure there are still some hurt feelings. He adored her, and she "dumped" him for druggie Ryan

Mariah

She hasn't "boughten" an outfit?? Jesus H! Exactly what is wrong with youth of America today. Remember that Whitney Houston song: "I believe the children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way..." Used to be so inspiring. If kids like this are our future this country is going to he11 in a handbasket.

cwazy

Well i think if ryan gets any money off this it should be donated to cancer and not his fund..........i don't blame lee for being bitter still..and its true, there are a lot of people who have cancer and keep it private. Look at patrick swayze, he'd rather not talk about it. But i bet hes suffering just as much.....i feel bad for farrah but there are some good points here. It has been overdone and if a second special is in the works, then that just makes it drag on and on. I can see how people think its vain.

auramac

Blah, blah, blah...

What is he supposed to say? Who wants to watch someone die on TV? The whole thing along with the media attention was like watching a snuff film- of course it was a little bit overdone. I don't think he's acting bitter, and I don't even blame Farrah and her loved ones for the special- this has been their life, and at this point they all think it's helpful.

But the dim bulbs here don't get any of it, and everyone has to chose sides as if everything in life is a sporting event- with hatred being a prime ingredient.

MISS SWEET D

I DIDN'T WATCH IT EITHER SO I GUESS THAT MAKES ME A HEARTLESS BASTARD ALSO. I THINK NOT!!!. I HATE THAT SHE US ILL SINCE I KNOW WHAT SHE IS GOING THROUGH SINCE MY FATHER IS ALSO DYING OF A SIMILAR TYPE OF CANCER. RYAN AND FARRAH MADE A MOCKERY OF THEIR RELATIONSHIP AND PRODUCED A SPOILED ROTTEN DRUG ADDICTED SON THAT THEY DISCIPLINED BUT JUST GAVE HIM EVERYTHING, AND THST LITTLE SOB STILL CAN'T GET HIS ACT TOGETHER TO BE THEIR FOR HIS MOM, SOI WOULD SAY THAT LEE MAJORS CAME OUT BETTER IN THE END.

hillary Berkley

Ah, actually I think what he said was spot on! I too had cancer....in remisson. and I thought his comment was exactly what I thought. - just "over done" - almost a loss of dignity. Just my opinion. Remember too, that she dumped him for Ryan O'neil while he was married to her (and he was Ryan's best friend) - even withthat said, I still think his comment nailed it. I feel terrible for Farrah. Its just awful. However. .it was "overdone". period.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments