« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Speedy Shaq Scores Tickets on Camera

5/24/2009 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Shaquille O'Neal's never been the fastest baller in the NBA, but he sure drops the hammer on the freeway.

Shaquille O'Neal

Shaq has been busted for speeding twice in the last six months -- and both times he was caught by an all-seeing photo radar camera.

Shaq -- play videoShaq was snapped behind the wheel on Phoenix area freeways in February of this year and in December 2008.

The Phoenix Suns center paid $181.50 for the February ticket, but he still owes the same amount for the other one.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Donald Ray

I thought this BAFFOON was involved in law enforcement at SOME level.

1976 days ago

Trav in Vegas

I hate driving thru PHX area, those things are a hazard when they go off. Just keep flashing, im sure it has caused an accident or two.

1976 days ago

slammaster

hey didn't anyone catch it no seat belt ON? stay from ca ticket time

1976 days ago

lovnmyredhead

He should also be ticketed for not wearing his seatbelt. It's quite obvious.

PS Well I'm 6 foot 5 inches (300 lbs) and I fit in a Prius just fine.

1975 days ago

TiredofThisCrap

TMZ has to be the most racists site next to the official KKK website.

1975 days ago

wolfer

news flash ....... Arizona has speed cameras EVERYWHERE. You will get popped.

1975 days ago

Scarl09

True story: I used to live in the same town as Shaq. During my commute one day, as traffic slowed to a halt, I looked in the rear-view and noticed that the GIANT SUV behind me hadn't seen that we had all stopped. I was on the phone and immediately started talkin' a good game about "the @*&$% that almost rear-ended me!", only to look over (he had to pull up next to my car to avoid hitting me) to see Shaq. Kinda redefines having a "run-in" with a star.

1975 days ago

crazylegs

This is why tickets fine amounts need to be based on income, like they do in some European countries ,181 $ is nothing to him but maybe 75000$ might sting a bit.

1973 days ago

shawn

First off Michael Milstead go read a law book because your the one who's dumb. Secondly was Shaq forced to go to DRIVERS SAFETY SCHOOL WHICH IS REQUIRED TO BE DONE. I know it is for a fact because i had to attend or have it put on my record. Even though i was caught due to a Ambulance stopping in front of me an even though it's in the photo radar picture you can see the ambulance that caused me to be flashed. I was forced to have to pay the ticket for the ambulance stopping me and was forced to go to DRIVERS SAFETY SCHOOL. But Shaq probably didn't have to because he is a celebrity. but keep in mind everybody if it was you who got caught you WOULD have to go. THE LAW IS FOR EVERYBODY TO FOLLOW NOT FOR OFFICERS AND COURTS TO MAKE EXCEPTION BECAUSE YOUR A CELEBRITY. CHARGE THEM THE SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE...........

1973 days ago