FreeCreditReport Band Must Change Dumb Tune

5/26/2009 1:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Turns out those dumb commercials, that sing 'bout credit reports for free,
Are really full of crap and charge a 15 dollar fee,
The government took notice, and just passed a brand new bill,
Which stops those lying companies from lying to you still."

Free Credit Report .Com

"The only place to get free reports, so says the government,
Is to go to AnnualCreditReport.com, and to you they'll be sent.
Thanks a bunch to the FTC, but who we gotta thank the most...
Are the people who wrote about this first, over at the Huffington Post."

toofastforyou!

FIRST AGAIN SUCKERS!!!

918

Yeah normally the disclaimer on the bottom of the commercial tells you it isn't actually FREE. Shocking I know!

Frankie

Actually it is free but only for one credit report. I use them to monitor Experian (which I am assuming they are run by). I figured if something pops up on one, then the others follow suit. However, I do pay the 24.95 about every 6 months or so to make sure there isn't anything crazy on there. They also give you tips on how to make your credit score higher. Worth my money if you ask me.

Once again, TMZ coming out with 1/2 truths.

MasterBates

Sounds like someone from tmz got suckered by one of those "dumb" commercials... what sour grapes now?

HOMEWORKERS

THIS COMMERICAL SUCKS , TALKING ABOUT CHEAP EMPLOYEES .

EVERYONE KNOWS THIS COMMERICAL , TIME TO HAVE SOMETHING ELSE

THE SAME ACTORS / ACTRESSES ARE LOOKING TIREDSOME .

THAT OLD LADY IN SEVERAL COMMERICALS .

artie help

my son tells me NOT to hum this jingle, admittedly sometimes i do

eb

Do you actually think the service this company was offering was free? How do you think this company pays for these commercials? DUUUH!! Use some common sense, people! I remember this company 5 years ago, the company was advertising heavily on the internet, and when I went to the site, the company wanted to charge me. Nothing is really free, I remember that time. Actually there are some ways to get the credit report for free, by law. Here in Maryland, it's the law, that each resident should be able to receive one free credit report from TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian once a year.

justsaying

Nice poem.

Lillianne

But I LOVE them!

Heather

If anyone actually went to the site for them they tell you that you must be enrolled in their triple advatage plan and if you are looking for your free credit report to click on a link that does take you to where you get your free report!
I loved those commercials and that song

squattmunki

I got scammed by the "free credit report" BS. They charged $15 to my card, luckily I noticed after the 1st month and was only charged once before i cancelled it. My sister was charged SIX months without knowing! Then she had to call some 1-800 number to cancel, they harassed her over the phone trying to talk into signing up for other things, and trying to convince her to not cancel.

NEVER go to their website.

OhWell

Any body seen me food stamps? i be hungry

Carl Gorney

Actually, Buffalo Beast magazine got to this item first.

And these jokers are among the 50 Most Loathsome people in America...

sandyduncansglasseye

Dont they give a disclaimer though? You have to enroll in 'triple advantage' to get it free....so I am not sure who actually thought it was free in the first place

J D

I'm glad they stopped them from ripping people off!!!!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments