Mike Tyson's

Daughter Dies

5/26/2009 8:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mike Tyson DaughterA rep for the Phoenix Police Department has just released the following statement regarding Mike Tyson's 4-year-old daughter:

I was just advised by investigators that Exodus Tyson was pronounced deceased at 11:45 AM today at the hospital. Our sympathies go out to the family.

Paramedics were called to Tyson's Phoenix home at around 10:30 Monday morning when his 7-year-old son found the young girl hanging from a treadmill by its power cable.

UPDATE: Tyson's family just released this statement:

There are no words to describe the tragic loss of our beloved Exodus. We ask you now to please respect our need at this very difficult time for privacy to grieve and try to help each other heal.

patty

I am so sorry and saddened.

Cee Cee

Re: Pepelicious's post.

Some treadmills have an emergency stop.
You attach it to your wrist... it's a cord. So this is very possible that this little girl ( RIP ) was on a moving treadmill and this is what strangled her.

Regardless of how this little girl died.... it was a tragic accident.
As a mom of 2 myself, you always have to keep an eye on your kids.
Nothing is safe anymore

My thougths go out to the family at this terrible time.

Helen

I'm so sorry.

Buck Farack

This is really sad. I'm no Tyson fan but I wouldn't wish this nightmare on anybody. God bless the little girl. She's with Jesus now.

Pen

Oh how sad. My heart goes out to the family and a prayer for their little angel. What makes displaying something like this in public heinous are the attacks against someone at this time in his life. How would you feel if this were you?

Taylor

yea this story makes no sense BECAUSE tmz doesn't even have the story right she got strangled by a cord hanging from the top of the machine, not a POWER cord... anyways this site WWW.POPDYNAMITE.COM has more details but this is very very sad news for any family to experience this and will be a very hard recovery for the family, RIP

Lisa-Centereach

Condolences to the family.

Anon

Just when Iron Mike was getting sane and seemed genuinely distraught of his recent outings. Now his daughter dies, this man catches no break in the latter years.

Apple Juice

RIP! THis is why parents got to watch their kids all the time. And keep certain rooms locked.

Gizella

Mr. Tyson,
My heart & prayers are with you and your family now. Words can not express how deeply sorry I am.
May God bring peace to your hearts so one day you may smile again.

Terie

I'm so very sorry to read this. Poor little sweetie pie. God love her and hold her now. My sympathies to the family as well.

Obama is a Socialist!

God Bless this Little Angel!

tiger'smomaphonytoo

Heartbreaking news. The pain you feel from little Miss Exodus Tyson's flying with the angels in Heaven cannot be tempered right now. Not by any person's words or deeds. You will walk in sadness, pain and loss that no parent should experience with your baby girl's young age. We can say words, we can give you virtual hugs, we can pray for you. You will have to speak with your God now. Don't expect fancy answers. God works in silence, but he is working.

Miss Exodus Tyson, go in peace and one day you will see your Mommy and Daddy again, in Heaven.

hate her

This is so very tragic. My prayers go out to the family. My heart is wounded by the loss of this little angel.

Shane

WOW!!! Iron Mike is gonna really lose his head when this sinks in. Hang in there Mike, Your son needs you now more than ever!!!