Mike Tyson's

Daughter Dies

5/26/2009 8:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mike Tyson DaughterA rep for the Phoenix Police Department has just released the following statement regarding Mike Tyson's 4-year-old daughter:

I was just advised by investigators that Exodus Tyson was pronounced deceased at 11:45 AM today at the hospital. Our sympathies go out to the family.

Paramedics were called to Tyson's Phoenix home at around 10:30 Monday morning when his 7-year-old son found the young girl hanging from a treadmill by its power cable.

UPDATE: Tyson's family just released this statement:

There are no words to describe the tragic loss of our beloved Exodus. We ask you now to please respect our need at this very difficult time for privacy to grieve and try to help each other heal.

Marie

It sounds like the child got caught up in the safety cord. It's a cord that you attach to yourself so if you fall off, the treadmill will stop to prevent injury. I've never heard of them being in a "loop", however. At the gym they have the cord, but it's not a loop. This reminds me of the cords on mini blinds or on all blinds in general. There's a safety warning on them when you purchase them.

My condolences to the family. Nobody should lose a child, this is a very sad story.

obamadrama

sooo sad!

kimba

Sad, just goes to show accidents can happen to anyone. I think what was meant by the power cord is the automatic shut-off cord. We have ours clipped to the console. I suppose a small child could get their neck in there and slip. Our son is 10 but I moved the cord up, just in case. Heisenberg is an idiot; this is about a child dying, not what a jerk the father is.

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

I watched the movie about Mike Tyson and Robin Givens and Mike Tyson was a sweetie before that biotch. I totally have had a soft spot for him since then. I think this gets to me more than most people, the fact that it happened to Mike Tyson. I really do like him, I think he was screwed over royally in his life and turned tough to make it in life so he wouldn't end up like other depressed people and hurt him self. This makes me cry......

Zach Swan

Wow -- this is just an unspeakable tragedy. I simply can't comprehend how a parent can ever get past the tragic death of a child. I wish the Tysons the best as they try to cope with this life that has been stolen from them.

As an aside, I'm impressed and a little surprised at how caring and articulate the posts have been on this thread. Had it been the Perez site, virtually every single post would be practically unreadable due to horrendous grammar, spelling and just plain callous stupidity. Point for TMZ readers.

Scott

Such a sad thing. I hope they make it through this.

Me

poor little angel.

Bex

Karma is a bitch, huh Mike?

Mary

How tragic!! May the Lord be with the Tyson family during this difficult time!! May she rest in peace!!

ari

#15.. you are an f-in idiot!!!!

so sorry to hear this sad news. how tragic. :(

Bex

Mike Tyson is a convicted rapist. He was never a sweetie, Duh, you idiot.

ari

exactly, 68.

75.. you are sick and twisted and deserve horrible things to happen to you! how does a 4 yr old child dying become payback for him!? sick. freakin sick.

Rob

Livin' the thug life... good for everyone... sigh

ddsnorth

Deep sympathies to Mike Tyson and his family during this traumatic time. RIP little Exodus Tyson. Another angel has been given wings to fly to Heaven! So very sorry for the loss of your little 4yr old daughter.

big joe