T.I. Arrived Early for Prison Date

5/26/2009 2:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

T.I.Rapper T.I. has checked himself into the federal prison in Forrest City, Arkansas, according to one of his attorneys.

We're told T.I. reported to the minimum security prison prior to the 12 PM deadline. The 28-year-old rapper was sentenced to 366 days after he was busted trying to buy unregistered machine guns and silencers from undercover federal agents back in 2007.

Sources say the rapper spent his last day of freedom with close family and friends at his home in Georgia.

UPDATE: T.I.'s other lawyer told us the rapper was on time at the prison -- but after seeing the mob of media, they drove around looking for a better way to get in. This caused T.I. to be late 12 PM check-in. Not a good start...

rgdownes

I agree that there are worse criminals out there that get bs sentences, but two wrongs don't make a right. He got the sentence he deserves.

maribella

whoever "SeeYa Ha" is, is a moron. what these "poor dam people" are going to do is keep fighting for equality. perez hilton isn't the only gay man in the world, you know. and shanna moakler isn't responsible for carrie prejean unpopularity. when people make themselves out to be discriminatory, it shouldn't suprise anyone that they're not well-received by the public. the fight for marriage equality has nothing to do with bloggers, celebrities, or miss californias. and if that's what you're trying to make it, then you're only making yourself out to be an idiot. well, that and the fact that you seem to have a little trouble with spelling. :/

Waste of space people

I'm not arguing the fact that he got the wrong sentence at all. I'm saying just let the man be. So he made some mistakes, wrong choices, but does that mean we have to bash him. The people who are making stupid comments are doing it to just hear themselves, make a ass out of themselves, or they just don't like him so they put him down in his most vunerable time. He can't figh back right now therefore those people are just F***ing A**Holes. Personally I don't have a bad thing to say about him. What did he do to you??
P.S. thanks tashana1105

angel

I am from Arkansas!!! I think that we will show him more than southern hospitality!!! I think that yall will be hearing of the nice people of Arkansas in his future raps! I think that he is a great man! Really he got done a justice by allowing to serve his time here! I hope that he a pleasant experience for the reasons he his here! Like he said....he whats us to learn form his mistakes. Maybe he can help to change the outlook and the futures of some of our locals!

DR WASABI

LET ME UNDERSTAND THIS #26 ..... THIS MORON TRYS BUYING A MACHINE GUN AND ALL YOU CAN SAY IS "he made some mistakes" YOU ARE A BIGGER MORON THEN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU.......?

RedBird

ust out of curiosity, of all the people here writing this negative comments abot T I how many of you are african american. And once we realize None ask yourself are you racist.

Posted at 3:03PM on May 26th 2009 by Joe the Plummer

______________________

What difference does a poster's color make? Look in the mirror and ask yourself if you're racist before preaching b.s. to everyone else.

anthony

i really cant believe this guy was so stupid to trying to purchase those types of weapons..... what a shame... and what a bad example to others... well ... good example of what can happen if you start trying to do illegal things.

What!!

ðrgê† å £rïêñÐ {: ñßå :} 6 hours ago
Chris#11 10 seconds ago sorry about this... when u r reading this dont stop or something bad will happen! my name is summer i am 15 years old i have blonde hair ,many scars no nose or ears.. i am dead. if u dont copy this just like from the ring, copy n post this on 5 more sites.. or.. i will appear one dark quiet night when ur not expecting it by your bed with a knife and kill u. this is no joke something good will happen to u if you post this on 5 more pages

iamnotasuit

I can't understand half of these comments. TI is going on a vacation? Has everyone forgotten that the man has 5 children and a fiancee? I have this crazy feeling that he is really going to miss them and that's why he pulled them on stage with him. And what is the deal with boo-hooing prisons in which people actually have rights? Should anal rape and the possiblity of being murdered be seen as part of a package deal; is that really a way to "repay a debt to society?" As to the gun charges, perhaps it would be worth while to remember that TI's friend was murdered in front of him in a fight that he did not instigate. People have this crazy notion that just because a rapper makes it out of the drug game that his former rivals are happy to see him go and simply forget their possible violent past history. At his trial, TI made his motivations for buying the fire arms quite clear: he felt he needed to protect himself.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2