Nicollette Sheridan's BF -- Like A Horse

5/28/2009 2:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Desperate housewife or not, Nicollette Sheridan needs to do some research before she gets back on the horse.

Nicollete Sheridan, Steven Pate

We found out Sheridan's new beau, Steven Pate, was convicted of receiving four stolen horses from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo Rodeo Arena back in 2000. The horses were ridden by students for rodeo competitions.

We're told a mare and three geldings were led out of their stable on September 27, 2000 and disappeared. When the reward swelled to $10,000, Steven Pate just happened to show up with all sorts of info. He was arrested and charged with 5 felonies, including Grand Theft Animal.

Pate pled no contest to felony "receiving stolen property" and was sentenced to 6 days in county jail. When he completed all the terms of his probation, the conviction was bumped down to a misdemeanor.

A rep for Nicollette tells us Pate didn't know the horses were stolen when he received them, and that he was the one who brought the info to the attention of authorities.

Pissed off gal

Polly,
i believe your whole story, but what do you know about the selling bonds fraudulently? Do elaborate. I'm sure we have lots to talk about. :-)

toofastforyou!

FIRST AGAIN SUCKERS!!!

First whores!

Congratulations #1 on being the first idiot again!

Whamo

Hey toofastforyou!.... I see you're just racking up friends here. Do us all a favour and JUST DIE ALREADY!!!!!!
I mean, you don't even post a comment. You must have spent most of high school stuffed in a locker Right? Did your Mommy and Daddy not hug you as a child? What's up with the constant want for attention and validation? I seriously think you need help you pathetic irritating sac of sh#t. WE ARE ALL TIRED OF YOU!!! GO OVER TO PEREZE'S site with all the other 12 year old girls.

Poopyhead

hang this horse thief !

kdings

This mentally challenged person that always feels the need to leave the comment that he is first needs therapy. What a loser.

Cal Poly Alum

As a student at Cal Poly at the time of this theft, I know first hand that the whole rodeo team along with help from the authorities and volunteers worked endlessly for 3 weeks trying to locate these horses, worth in total over $100K. Not until a reward was raised to $10K did Steve Pate come forward with any information. Pate had three horses in his possession and had already sold the fourth horse. Pate said that he had purchased these horses out of a parking lot, but police found NO money trail to prove this to be true. He should have spent, at the very least, as much time in jail as we all worked to locate these horses. No reward was given to Pate because of his involvement with the crime. This man is GUILTY!

Jake

who cares? why does she feel the need to have to explain anything? moron.

Cal Poly Alumni victum

I am one of the three victums who owns one of the horeses. It was my first year as a College Student at Cal Poly. I can't explain how I felt when I showed up to feed my horse that morning. Looking at an empty stall and wondering who could have done this. I know first hand that Steve Pate is GUILTY.

JUSTANOTHER OPNION

I am quite shocked that the freeking tabloid is crouching this low about Steve, I happen to know him and yes The horse thing happened he was not awar they were stolen, and yes his ex wife is pissed and prob doing everything to bring him down. I did have to laugh when I heard they were calling Steve a wealth Financier... Thats a load of crap he trains horses and drives an old beat up chevy truck. ( unless Nicolette bought him a new one).

polly

dear p.o.g.,
i know for a fact that pate de-frauded numerous clients of his horse training business out of thousands. he is under investigation as we speak. jail time part deux?? let's hope.

polly

THIS STORY IS NOT B.S.. YOU WANT CONFIRMATION, GO TO GOOGLE AND TYPE IN STEVEN EUGENE PATE. THE FIRST SITE TO COME UP IS THE SLO SHERIFF'S OFFICIAL STATEMENT ABOUT PATE'S CRIME. HE IS BY NO MEANS A WEALTHY GUY. WOULD A WEALTHY GUY BE SELLING BONDS FRAUDENTLY?? WOULD A WEALTHY GUY OWE SHAFTER HAY AND FEED 0VER $5600 IN UNPAID FEED BILLS?? I THINK NOT. THE ONLY B.S. HERE FOLKS IS PATE HIMSELF. CASE CLOSED.

polly

dear pog-
i won't post my email or send you one personally, which i'm sure you will understand. Yes, steve was/is a horse trainer. (the irony is just to ridiculous- a horse trainer who is a convicted horse theif) he was married to a nice gal up until last fall sometime. and he's been known to be a ladies man, certainly before and after his brief marriage. i'm not saying during his marriage. he is being investigated however i will not say where or by whom because it is an ongoing investigation. a number of trusting horse clients of his lost reasonably small to large sums of money to him and there may have been fraud committed. to my knowledge he does not and has necer held any sort og financial degree or license. Having said that- those people should have done their homework. but that does not excuse ppossible criminal behavior. best advice- don't fall for his bull. keep your pocket book closed and keep on walking away. good luck

Disgusted

This guy doesn't own a nice car or any real estate and can barely afford the mortage on a tiny little dump of a place his wife bought. He not only had the wife buying his BS but cheated on her with more than one woman who he lead on, lied to and deceived. She should ask him about the wife he was still with when they met, the fiance he was caught cheating on and left a week before there wedding, how much debt he left that woman in and the woman he lied to for 4 years and romanced investment money out of. HAVE YOUR PEOPLE LOOK INTO THIS GUY NICOLLETTE. You're still young enough and hot enough to get whoever you want but I would bet money Mr. Loves You Now will do the same crap to you as soon as he gets his claws on some money. By then you will probably be 50. Good luck girl! today