'Jon & Kate' Under Investigation

5/29/2009 2:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Pennsylvania Department of Labor is investigating whether "Jon & Kate Plus 8" is complying with child labor laws.

Jon and Kate

A Labor Dept. spokesperson says there's been a complaint and they are investigating.

A TLC rep tells us, "TLC fully complies with all applicable laws and regulations. "Jon & Kate Plus 8" is no exception. For an extended period of time, we have been engaged in cooperative discussions and supplied all requested information to the Pennsylvania Department of Labor. We will continue to engage the appropriate officials and meet any standards or regulations that are applicable to TLC productions."

Story developing...
Jon and Kate Launch photos

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

Jessi516

To my dear friend, "sick of this family and brittney barf spears"
Well, well, well, Looks like someone was dropped on their head as a child. Before you go calling someone else stupid, you might want to check your grammar. And for your information, I have never done any kind of drug in my entire life. Judging by your mental capacity, I'd say you &/or your parents are very familiar with illegal substances. It makes me smile every time you leave me another 'love note,' by the way. And if my comments supposedly make others laugh, I'm just glad I can bring a smile to someone's face. It takes the attention off of you for a sec. Thanks again, s**t-head. I'm done wasting my time on such an ignorant P.O.S.

1965 days ago

She's Dumb

To Julia: I have no need or desire to check my grammar here. You drug infested piece of trash=your not worth it! Truly the drug's have gone to your brain thus causing brain damage, HAHAHA love notes? I am not lesbian, think again. Maybe you could send a love letter to Kate and tell her how much you LOVE her and her show? You are soo gross. I at first wondered if you were that ugly young piece of trash that Jon was banging and are trying to redeem yourself, but you clearly like Kate! Awwwww don't try to deny it sweetie, the words are right here! Don't try to say your joking either, won't work! Boy, you thrive on drama! No wonder your post's are sooo defensive! OMG, get some kind of a life, you poor pathetic tramp!

1965 days ago

She's Dumb

To JULIA: Oh No!!!!!! The white trash love(s) of your life....ie....Jon and Kate..they are losing viewer's....oh no!!!!! Like I said in my earlier posting's...The show's gonna be dropped like white on rice! I am soooooo overly joyed! I am gonna have a toast! A toast to you, you ignorant P.O.S.!

1958 days ago

Jessi516

Ok, to "sick of this family and brittney barf spears": I agree that putting kids in the TV world is very dangerous. They won't be able to have a normal childhood now, because they won't be know as anything other than the Gosselin kids. The parents should have declined the offer to do the show, but attacking "Julia" isn't doing any good either. Let her say her peace & you say yours, as classy & calmly as possible. If you don't agree with each other, fine, no one is making you. Just try to keep the rage to a minimum. The cuss words & hidden meanings behind what your both saying is inappropriate, even for TMZ, in my opinion. Hopefully, John & Kate will see that this whole situation is bad for their family, in more ways than one. They need to get off of the show, and focus on their family. Get back to whats really important. My suggestion would be that Kate gets back in to her former career, even if it's only part time. Maybe that could take away some of her stress. They had a great family life at one point, before the cameras moved in. One last thing, "sick of this family and brittney barf spears", I'm sure you are a bright, beautiful person, but don't let others drag you to a lower place in life. Stay happy.

1956 days ago

She's Dumb

to Sammy: I do appreciate your posting here and thank you, but one thing I feel I shoud add is.....you really should read all of Julia's "nice" comments here.....As you will see I did not attack her...I just merely sunk to her level and responded to her comments as she posted or better said attacked me. I do not appreciate being degraded (by julia) and I strongly and have alway's stood by this....treat me right and i will treat you right...treat me like cra* and i will treat you like cra*. However I do see your point also. Thanks.

1953 days ago