Universal Studios Torah'd a New Hole

5/29/2009 8:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oy Gevalt! A girl was supposed to become a woman, but thanks to a Universal Studios fire, her daddy has become a plaintiff instead.

Vered Nisim claims he spent over $150,000 for his daughter's Bat Mitzvah party at the Universal Studios Hollywood Theme Park back on June 1, 2008 -- the same day the MTV Music Awards were also being filmed at the venue.

Nisim claims in his lawsuit Universal circumcised his shindig by cutting off two of the three party areas because of the blaze at the studio. But Nisim has powerful evidence the Jews were treated unfairly, because Universal let the MTV Music Awards show go on without interruption.

Here's the saddest thing ... the suit claims, "The fairy tale fantasyland for Danielle which Plaintiffs had been planning for over eight months and had spent well over $150,000 was brutally truncated..."

The family is suing for unspecified damages. One thing is clear -- it's not a small claims court world after all.

Carrys F.

Oh, boo hoo. That poor girl's $150,000 party was completely ruined. I am crying my mascara off for that poor little rich girl right now. I guess maybe Daddy should buy her a Porsche to make it up to her. When will the injustices of the world end?????

Carrys F.

Really. We're in the middle of a recession and this guy is suing because she couldn't go on the ET ride?

Carrys F.

Oh, this is a glorious example of how the rich feel they own the world.

Carrys F.

I feel so sorry for this girl! What a terrible, terrible way to spend a day. Being stuck at one of the three areas her rich-y poo daddy reserved. I guess this just proves that you can be rich and snubbed!! I smell a reality show!!!

Beverley

Anyone stupid enough to pay $150,000 for a party for a 13 year old should have all their money taken away and given to charity then get taken out back and get shot.

vlh1187

Did anyone not see the flames behind this pic 10 minutes ago??? Yeah...... Good fix, tmz...

deb

Schmuckdom at its finest.

1911 days ago

yer mom's soo effin hot!!

jesus christ already!! why not sue yaweh too, for making you have to read backwards and upside down??!!

Jason

The dad owns the company that makes the jackets for MLB, NHL, NBA, NFL, UFC, and apparently every rapper who's ever lived. His company makes about $100 mil a year. No idea how much profit.

John

$150K?! What a crazy idiot.

something smells

I BET SHE MARRIES A CHRISTIAN AND CONVERTS TO CHRISTIANITY. MY DH DID. WAS A JEW, NOW A CHRISTIAN! GO JESUS

anne smith

This has nothing to do with religion. Jewish or other. This has to do with someone being a moron. Morons come in all shapes and sizes.

You Wait And See

Oh yeah, just because I disagree with this man doesn't mean I don't like the Jewish people. I love the Jewish people. I don't know where we would be without them. They seem to mediate a lot and show fairness between different races. Jesus was a Jew and he didn't practice Christianity. He practiced Judaism which influenced the the ever point missing, none practicing Christians and the overzealous, unforgiving, angry Islamics. It's a blessing that we still have the Jews here with us and it's more of them than you think because everyone is nearly a bit Jewish behind the ears. They just may not know it. Anyways, this is how God stated he blessed people in the Christian Bible, but I would like to know how it reads in the Torah...."To the Jew first, also the Greeks and then the Gentiles". We just have to except that they were the chosen ones as that is the race through which Jesus came if you want to get religious about it.

bemybaby

TMZ you invited all of this Jew bashing with your sensational headline. I blame TMZ for inciting all of this Jew hating.

Linda Mott

That is a shame but this is a very anti semitic and anti Christian world we live in. I hope this story was not put in to get more of these type of comments. Harvey is a nice Jewish boy but sometimes I get undertones of a lack of respect for both Jews and Christians.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments