Lambert Out with Guy, Still Not OUT with Him

6/3/2009 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

After his hand-holding photo-op, we thought Adam Lambert was finally going public with his sexuality -- but when he was asked what the deal was between him and this Shia LaBeouf-alike, he closed that closet door again, refusing to say they're together.

Adam Lambert: Click to watch
The "American Idol" wannabeen and his guy Drake were in Venice yesterday, playing cute by pretending they didn't even know each other.

And they say true love is dead.

Nameless

Even Helen Keller would be able to tell that Adam is gay. Not only that, she'd point out that he is also the bottom.

JanetteSauer

Since when does Adam have to tell the world every day what his preference is. Come on. I respect the fact that he is keeping his life private. He made his statement. What do you want, them making out in the middle of the airport. He is treating his relationship with respect. God the guy is just a really nice and talented guy that most people truly like. There are so many closed minded people out there. He'll be making it far in the music world. I have a feeling that the one that made the comment about the Taco Bell probably was turned down for work.

Get a life guys and let Adam live his. They are two nice guys just trying to live their lives as normally as possible. By the way, I never make out with my husband when I drop him off at the airport. What were you expecting?

Tracy

Tammy....

America has now discovered Adam and he won't be fading away any time soon.

That, my dear, you can take to the bank!

Rhonda

Dear Nasty,

You have given yourself a very appropriate pseudonym. As for me, I love Adam Lambert. My friends and I just bought tickets to see the Idols tour which I have never done before. It is because Adam Lambert is part of it.

sallytuna

He is a fame whore. If he admits he is gay then the paps have no reason to follow him around. He is definitely not newsworthy. Allison should have won American Idol. She can out sing him in a heartbeat.

VitaminC

Geez,
He is not in the closet. He is not being coy.
He and Drake were already seen holding hands. They are under no obligation to kiss in public just because you ask. They are also under no obligation to address each other as boyfriend in public. What if that's not a decision they've made for themselves yet?

AngieBaby

I apologize in advance for this rant. But you get to a point where you just can’t sit back and not say anything. After all these months, why does the media still insist on asking the obvious question when they interview Adam? Are you kidding me? Is the media that stupid that after all the pictures plastered all over the internet, you still have to ask the question? I commend Adam for not coming right out and giving the media what is so obvious. All they want is for Adam to verbally answer the question himself…but why should he? What he does behind closed doors is no one’s business but his own, however everyone, especially the media has this hard on about “is Adam gay or not”? Again…are you that stupid that you have to ask the question in the first place. If I was Adam…that is exactly what I would say the next time I was interviewed and asked…are you gay? Are you that stupid to ask me that question…again? And why does it matter? Oh yah, I know why, because people have this sick demented attraction to force celebrities into saying things that are controversial. I honestly hope Adam NEVER says if he is or isn’t. I think I would have more respect for him if he never actually answers the question. Let him walk around with his boy friend openly and happy, yet never come right out and say either way. If there were pictures plastered all over the internet of him kissing women, do you honestly think that the media would ask…are you a heterosexual male? HELL NO. It infuriates me to think that all “they” are concerned about is his sexual preference. People, all you have to do is listen to what he says when asked the question. He hasn’t said no…he makes references that are so obvious, yet all the media wants is a YES or NO answer and he’s not giving it to them. Good for him, and again, I hope he never comes right out and answers it. Just to make a point. If you are that ignorant to ask the same question over and over…then screw them….don’t answer the question. Why not focus on what he set out to do and that was to entertain and perform. Focus on his talent and his vocal ability and not on who he kisses. The media has made such a big deal out of nothing and it’s sad that every interview the same question is asked over and over. Adam’s answer from the very beginning…“I am who I am and I have nothing to hide”. Get over it. I assure you that if the media wasn’t so pushy about his sexuality, he would have answered the question already…out of respect for himself, his family and his fans. It saddens me that the perverse curiosity of so many has become the focus of his interviews lately. Adam has such amazing talent…he has captured the world, mind, body and soul in such a short time. Please allow him to focus on what he does best, and not what his private life is.
Adam…if you read this, please continue to stay true to yourself and know that your fans love you for who you are. Continue to ROCK OUR WORLD and we will continue to love and support you for years to come.

1947 days ago

Corey Feldman is the king of douche!

He is not his boy friend...
That's his kissing cousin...

yayayoi

Yeah. nice.
Adam handles the limelight real well, but I guess he's been wanting this for a long, long time. Livin in LA helps a lot I'd guess.
Askin for a smooch @ the end there was pretty lame on the razzi's part though.

jackie

They are adorable, I just wish them all the best in the world.

Rhonda

by yeah

You have obviously sought out pictures of Adam. If homosexuality is so repulsive to you why do you look for it? Nobody thrust pictures under your nose. If you don't like something don't look for it dummy.

Anne

Oh my god, could the papz be more obnoxious?

liza

ADAM IS FINE AND A GREAT PERFORMER, AND WHATEVER HE DOES IN HIS PRIVATE LIFE, THAT IS HIS OWN BUSINESS. FOR THOSE WHO ARE HOMOPHOBIC, STAY AWAY FROM ADAM UNLESS YOU ARE JEALOUS, A LOSER AND HAVE NOTHING TO DO IN LIFE. PROBABLY THOSE GUYS SHOULS TAKE SOME CLEANING JOBS SO YOU CAN BE PRODUCTIVE!!!

Jory

I really don't think adam should explain his private life with u guys (papz) i mean who r u to tell u everything about myself it really silly then i really don't think adam should come out of the closet cuz he never was in it !! he is always brave and honest and he wanted the competition to be about his talent nothing else and he did it the way he wanted to be so my hat off to him he is one sexy hot guy with the sweetest personality ever and the craziest talent ever ever ... i love him to pieces and i wish him all the happiness and success cuz he deserve to have everything :)

Jory

I love adam so much and i don't care 4 his sexualt orientation what makes him happy make me happy so good 4 u adam baby :) and his personal life belong to him and only him so i don't see any need 4 him to explain his life to the papz !!! daah !!! then Drake is really cute and super funny dear god he almost killed me when i saw his vid on youtube :) Adam is great human being and amazing artist and i will ove him 4 ever :)