Obama's Burger Run

Most Important Bill in DC

6/3/2009 2:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Change finally did come -- and it was $7.60.

0603_obama3_57553797_getty2-1
If you feel the need to treat your staff to a lunch-run worthy of the President of the United States, you're gonna need a cool $72.40 -- 'cause that's exactly how much Barack Obama spent during that NBC televised jaunt to Five Guys burger joint.

TMZ locked down the entire order -- down to the toppings -- an order that Obama paid for with cold, hard American cash.

- Cheeseburger with mustard, tomatoes, lettuce, jalapeno (for OBAMA)
- Little cheeseburger with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, ketchup
- Bacon cheeseburger with mustard, relish, onion
- Little hamburger with lettuce and tomato
- Grilled cheese with everything
- Cheeseburger with mushroom, lettuce, tomato, ketchup, mustard
- 2 reg cheeseburgers with lettuce, tomato, mustard, ketchup, pickles
- Cheeseburger with ketchup (for Brian Williams)
- 10 orders of fries

Anyone else hungry?!

Patty

Wasn't it nice of us Taxpayers to buy them all lunch... I would have taken him somewhere else to dinner... As far as I am concerned he does not deserve a hamburger... How about a new job... Go back to being an organizer. Chicago, Blago, Rezko, and Ayers miss you... I bet the church of Satin is not the same since you are not able to attend with Rev. Wright..

SocialistCowardicePigs

Speaking of kids being excited, I wonder if the crying 6 year olds that Obama invited to the White House and then had sent immediately home have gotten over that tramatic experience? This guy is such an idiot that it's not even funny. What's scary is the fact that there's that many moronic voters out there that actually elected a criminal douchebag like this that has accomplished absolutely nothing with his life. Wow, he had to TRANSFER in to an ivy league school and was accepted thanks to affirmative action. Funny how the media demanded to see all of Bush's grades but have given this Muslim tool a pass. Can't wait til this anti-American POS is kicked out in 2012.

SocialistCowardicePigs

If I see more picture of this joke I'll puke my guts up. He has the personality of a shoe. If it wasn't for the liberal media bending over backwards for this fool he never would have even been a serious contender, let alone President. He's about as Average Joe as Michael Jackson is a normal dude. Obama is a complete failure as human being and even more so as a President. Nice to see he's claiming his Muslim roots now and parading all around the world bragging about how we're one of the largest muslim nations in the world. Weird how he denounced us as a Christain nation just last month.

Everybody that voted for this idiot deserves whatever they get.

BEBOP

It's just nice to see the President out for a burger. It refresh the mind, give you new ideas. You never saw Bush and Laura out and about. Like he said he's a people person. You need to get out and see what's going on in the community. Maybe he and Michelle will jet off to LA. Keep up the good work Mr. President.

Cattie

All the ppl saying 'OMG he's spending that with our tax money!' are retarded, clearly. Because yeah, 72 bucks on lunch for all the people working their asses off to HELP the country is outrageous!! It's going to put us into a bigger deficit!! A whole 72 bucks on top of the trillions might put us over the top! You must be retarded. He's got to eat something at some point in time, as do all the others who work at the White House trying to do their job. They can't work 24/7 to try to fix the mess that was left for them to fix, and it sure as hell isn't going to make it worse by taking a lunch break. Some of the comments on this story are mind bogglingly stupid.

To Rick

There sure is a lot of spewing bile from the right wing today. Wow. I can't believe there is so much hate here for a guy who spent less than $100 on lunch for himself and some of his staff. For those of you who actually have a job and I'm sure most of the posters here don't, a corporate lunch for managers usually go about $30-$40 per person. For high level execs, a lunch can cost about $100 per person. Please don't slap the President down for spending 70 bucks and some change for a bunch of people. It just makes you look stupid.

Second of all, the economy was already down the toilet and the country was fighting a war in Iraq that cost the lives of many American soldiers and countless billions of taxpayers dollars. Why? Because Bush and Cheney wanted his buddies to profit from them. How is this a reflection of President Obama ruining the country. Second of all, the economy is in crisis because banks and creditors were given free reign to lend money to people who had no business having these funds. From credit cards to home loans, subprime lending was one of the major factors that brought this country down. Why? Because banks and lenders were greedy and were looking for short term profits. Last of all, your beloved Bush gave Wall Street free reign to manipulate the economy while he was relaxing in his ranch waiting for his term to be over.

While I don't agree with all of President Obama's actions and decisions, he is pushing forward to change a culture and way of life in Washington DC that was less about the people than it was about individual gain. It doesn't take "media manipulation" to figure that out.

BEBOP

#54 in that case I will send you a dozen pictures so that you can PUKE your brains out. Have fun puking.

Dyna ™

Cheeseburger with mustard, tomatoes, lettuce and jalapeno PLUS onions! That's how I roll.

The REAL DEAL

For all you OBAMA brain-washed followers - a company (General Motors) owned by the state (The USA, or what is left of it) is Communism. Period, no discussion as you can't redefine the word to support your desire to support Obama no matter what he does.

To Rick

Hey Real Deal,

I work for a company that competes with GM. I don't agree with giving GM billions of dollars b/c they are like many current companies, unfit for today's market.

However, I would like to hear your solutions about how to remedy the situation. What are your plans for supply base of auto manufacturing that employs tens of thousands of Americans? What are your thoughts on restructuring GM's pension funds that are currently in place to pay for thousands of retired workers?

I'd like to hear your views.

K

Replace your Hatred with Knowledge - You can only have one "second of all". Thank you for so accurately demonstrating your stupidity. Shame on you for claiming to have any knowledge at all.

Linda Mott

As long as he doesn't overdue the burgers, he will stay as trim as he is now. I hope he doesn't turn into a Bill Clinton and become the poster-boy for fat and cholesterol.

To Rick

Message to K,

Admittedly, I did make a grammatical mistake. Thank you for pointing that out.

Do you have any counterpoints for the rest of my argument or do you want to concede to my points? Please, let's not try to shade the larger issues... Hmm... that's like focusing hatred toward a President for ordering $70 and some change on burgers to keep you from dealing with a a President that kills people and profits from it.

To Rick

Message to Barack the Magic Fraud,

You have some good points that I will be happy to do more research on. My question to you is this, what are your solutions? It seems that you are defending the problems that got the country here in the first place and you don't have any solutions. You seem to be equally incensed about Obama's policies as I do about Bush's non-policies. I don't agree with all of Obama's decisions and don't defend his every action, but at least he's trying to rectify problems rather than hope time will pass them by.

K

Hatred with Knowledge - I had no problem with our President ordering burgers for hard working people. My problem was that someone claiming to be so knowledgeable made such a simple grammatical error. You're easily confused.