Sacha Baron Cohen

Sued Over Bingo Melee

6/3/2009 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sacha Baron CohenIt's all fun and games until someone gets confined to a wheelchair -- which is exactly what one woman is claiming after she was allegedly attacked and left "crippled" by Sacha Baron Cohen (as Bruno) at a Bingo hall in 2007.

Richelle Olson has sued Cohen, NBC Universal and others claiming they told her Bruno was a celeb and would appear and call numbers at the charity bingo game she ran for the elderly in Palmdale, CA. Olson was none too happy when she saw Bruno, whom she describes as an "extreme, outrageous, offensive caricature of a gay man dressed in sexually revealing clothing with an Austrian accent..."

Olson alleges Bruno used "vulgar and offensive language" and when she tried taking the mic from him, a "physical struggle ensued" and Cohen "offensively touched, pushed and battered" her, causing her to fall to the ground.

She then claims three cameramen and others rushed the stage ... "where defendants attacked [her] for a period of one to five minutes to intentionally create a dramatic emotional response ... while [they] recorded her humiliation and embarrassment."

After the alleged assault was over, the suit says Olson went into another room where she was "sobbing uncontrollably" ... then was rendered unconscious ... "falling forward onto the thinly covered concrete slab, passing out and causing her to hit her head."

The suit says Olson was rushed to the hospital with a "diagnosis of two brain bleeds" -- and that she has been confined to a wheelchair and walker ever since.

Olson -- the Executive Director of Desert Valley Charities -- and her husband are suing for unspecified damages, including loss of marital relations.

Cohen's rep had no comment.

exgf

The guy is a revolting, talentless jerk off. I am so glad that he's in this mess. There is no talent in being disgusting. His humor isn't clever or witty. It takes no thought and I think a bunch of eighth graders would be funnier than this douche bag.

uniqua

I have known Richelle for some years. She is a very nice and kind person. There is a very noticeable decline in her health. I was at bingo the night of the incident, but any comments will be in front of the judge if called. I wish Richelle nothing but the best.

NO CHEATERS HERE

WTF. THIS WOMAN AND HER HUSBAND ARE BOTH LIARS AND SCAM NOT ONLY BINGO PLAYERS BUT ALSO THE STATE. MR. OLSON IS ON DISABILITY THAT IS FRAUDULANT, MRS. OLSON HAS BEEN IN AND OUT OF A WHEELCHAIR FOR 5 YRS. WIEGHTLOSS DUE TO BARIATRIC OPERATION PAYED FOR BY U BINGO PLAYERS!!! WAKE UP, SHE HAS CANCER NOOOO SHE HAS HEP B NOOO SHE CANNOT HAVE RELATIONS WITH HER HUSBAND BUT SHE CAN HAVE THEM WITH EVERYONE ELSE YEP THATS IT. BUT YET SHE IS SHOPPING AT GOTCHALKS SHOPPING LAST WEEK. THEY ARE BOTH CON ARTISTS DON'T FORGET THE FISH FARM TO FUNNEL MONEY THROUGH. U COULD BE THE NEXT1 ASKED TO JION A 3SOME SAY NO AND YOUR BANNED FROM HER BINGO 2.
NO CHEATERS HERE LOL

supervillain

At first I was kind of blown away by all the people ripping him and saying he's not funny......but then I remembered that he made fun of some christians in the first film, and that he probably made a good number of enemies in the process.

Now he's picking on poor christian bingo ladies!

Only explanation I can think of, cause obviously he's one of the funnier people around.

cece Baronie

LOL that is so funny , I wish I could have been there to see the olde biddy do her nut , judging from the report (and that is all I have) SBC aka Borat aka Bruno is up to his old tricks , if you are not offended by SBC then you are not human , that's his whole schtick, to offend , no barriers , no one is sacred , good luck with the law suit but sounds like "BS" to me vexatious litigants are easy marks for SBC.

Valenicabiotch

If she is who I think she is, she used her "charity" to secure space at a facility I was working at in 2007. I think it was August or September and she wasn't disabled at all. I might be wrong about who she is, but she totally used the facility and WAS NOT injured during that time. I should know, she helped me move chairs. FAKER!!!

uniqua

Rochelle Olsen got angry at me because i would not sign her petition, and i told them if i signed their petition i would be lying. I was banned from Desert Charities Bingo because of that and this was unfair. I recently spoke to her on the phone and she stated she had 140 people who saw this. She made the remark that it is 140 people against 1. When Lance banned me from bingo, i spoke to Rochelle and she allowed me back. i returned to play again and was put out again because i refused to sign their petition. I phoned Rochelle again and she had the nerve to ask me to stay away for a month and when i came back she would give me $250.00 in free play, this was so that Lance, Nora and Kenny would cool off. Rochelle just stated to me on the phone she fell only once, but her lawsiut say she fell twice once on stage and once in a back room, she also stated that Jean (a volunteer) saw her fall, but the snack area was not even at that side of the building 2 years ago. SBC and his attorney need to call me at 661 974 5294 as this is imperative. Just show the tape and you catch her in all kinds of lies. There were between 200 and 300 people at the hall that night, why is it she only have 140 signatures. Rochelle made the comment "this is how you treat a person with cancer to SBC when she could not get him to turn over the mic".

John

...and yet she signed the release form required for filming and waited 2 years to sue. Sounds like she smelled free money.

BINGOPOLICE

OH AND I FORGOT, SHE WAS FIRED FROM BIG BROTHERS OF GREATER LOS ANGELES FOR STEALING. LANCE IS ON STATE DISABILITY FROM THE POST OFFICE AND YET IF YOU LOOK ONLINE IT STATES THAT LANCE IS HEAD OF SECURITY FOR HER CHARITY. SHE HAD BARIATRIC SURGERY (GASTRIC BYPASS) COURTESY OF THE BINGO PLAYERS. I HAVE BEEN TO HER HOME, SHE HAS A ROOM FOR HER JEWELRY, AND ANOTHER ROOM FOR HER SHOES, YES A BEDROOM FOR EACH. SHE HAS THESE LIVE BUNNIES IN THE FORMAL LIVING ROOM THAT LIVE IN THE PLASTIC SHEETING, ITS GROSS AND SMELLS LIKE PISS. HOW DOES SOMEONE WHO ISNT SUPPOSED TO MAKE ANY MONEY FROM THE CHARITY, AND A HUBBY ON DISABILITY LIVE IN AN EXCLUSIVE GATED COMMUNITY?? WHERE IS THE BINGO BUILDING FUND? THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE NEEDS TO INVESTIGATE THIS CHARITY. READING SOME OF THE PREVIOUS POSTS, SHE IS NOT AN OLD LADY, SHES IN HER 30'S. AND NO CHRISTIAN AT ALL, JUST ASK THE CHURCH WHO LEASES SPACE NEXT DOOR TO HER, THEY CANT STAND HER. SHE HIDES BEHIND A FAKE CHARITY AND MAKES PEOPLE THINK SHES GODLY. WHAT WOULD GOD THINK ABOUT HAVING THREESOMES? SHE CREATED THE CANCER STORY TO MAKE HER PLAYERS FEEL SORRY FOR HER BECAUSE A BETTER BINGO HALL OPENED UP. OH, AND WHAT ABOUT THE TRAILER THAT WAS DONATED TO THE CHARITY? HER FRIEND AND FELLOW BOARD MEMBER DENISE IS LIVING IN IT, ON AVENUE I .AND IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SOLD AND MONEY GIVEN TO CHARITY. AND THE NUMEROUS CARS DONATED, SHE GIVES TO HER FRIENDS FOR 1.00. I KNOW THIS INFORMATION BECAUSE I KNOW HER PERSONALLY. OH AND CORRECTION TO MY PREVIOUS POST, THE BAKERY BOY IS FROM ALBERTSONS NOT SUBWAY, MY BAD. LETS NOT FORGET ABOUT THE FISHERY AND THE BEARS IN CHAIRS BUSINESS ONLINE, SHE USED TO LAUNDER MONEY THRU. THE ONLY BINGO I KNOW, THAT TRUELY IS HONEST AND GIVES TO CHARITY AND THE ELDERLY IN THE ANTELOPE VALLEY IS DELLY'S BINGO, AKA COMMON BOND CHARITIES.

bb

They contacted the Bingo Hall saying they were with the then ABC show "Bingo Night in America", and wanted some footage from a real bingo hall. Being so close to LA, it's not unusual for shows to be taped in Palmdale. Lots of movies and series are filmed here. The release they signed, was very misleading, Cohen has a crafty legal team. Richelle and Lance are a nice couple, they were looking forward to starting a family. Cohen was asked to leave. Why would he? The reaction is what makes his movies funny. Over the top. This bingo hall had close to 250 people in attendance that night. The things he was saying were very offensive to most there. A good majority of these people are seniors, and Richelle, Nora, and Lance were horrified that their customers were being subjected to this.
This incident has been life changing for them. She has been unable to drive, work, and walk! For two years she has been suffering, and it is very real. If Cohen hadn't shown up that night, this would not have happened, plain and simple. It has nothing to do with how funny you think he is, someone was seriously injured, and deserves to have her day in court.

BINGOPOLICE

POST 92 IS VERY AMUSING, RASHELLE CAN'T HAVE KIDS, SHES HAD FEMALE PROBLEMS FOR YEARS. WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FILMING CREW. THE BAKERY BOY WAS HALF RETARDED SO SHE CAN'T HAVE KIDS WITH HIM. HONESTLY I AM AMUSED AT HOW MANY PEOPLE SHE IS STILL CONNING. I REMEMBER RASHELLE WHEN SHE DIDN'T HAVE A POT TO PISS IN LET ALONE A WINDOW TO THROW IT OUT, SHE DATED THE LUMBER YARD GUY IN LANCASTER SO SHE COULD USE HIS PROPERTY ON DIVISION STREET, HE SET HER UP FOR THE BINGO THEN SHE DUMPED HIM AND MARRIED LANCE. THE CITY OF LANCASTER PULLED HER BINGO LICENSE. YOU CAN CHECK THAT AT THE CITY HALL IN LANCASTER. WHERE ARE THE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS THE LOCAL COMMUNITY DONATED FOR HER NEW BUILDING FUND??? THAT WAS CHARITY MONEY AND WHY CAN NO ONE ANSWER THAT QUESTION? WHY IS THE CHARITY PROPERTY ON AVE. M IN HER PERSONAL NAME AT THE RECORDERS OFFICE??? IT SHOULD BE IN THE NAME OF THE CHARITY. DOES SHE HAVE SOMEONE IN HER POCKET AS WELL??? I SAW HER LAST WEEK AND SHE LOOKED FINE TO ME. AND I BET SHES USING ALL THE SEX TOYS YOU CAN FIND IN HER BEDROOM, AS I HAVE BEEN IN HER ROOM, AND SHE HAS THEM LYING ALL OVER THE PLACE.. MAYBE THE PROBLEM IS TOO MUCH SEX LANCE...YOU SEXY THANG. DON'T FORGET TO PRAISE GOD! AND THANK HIM FOR ALL THE MONEY YOU GUYS STEAL! HALLALUYAH! WHAT ABOUT THE SLIP AND FALL SHE HAD AT THE KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS BINGO IN LANCASTER??? OR THE LAW SUIT AGAINST 24 HOUR FITNESS, WHERE SHE FELL BECAUSE SHE WENT TO WORK OUT DRUNK AS A SKUNK....TMZ, PLEASE VISIT OTHER BINGO HALLS IN THIS AREA, YOU WILL FIND ALOT OF INFORMATION ON THESE CON ARTISTS.. I REMEMBER WHEN SHE WAS FIRED FROM BIG BROTHERS FOR THEIVING...SHAME ON YOU RASHELLE AND LANCE.

Naomi

Annoying as Sacha is....this is probably exaggeration. She is probably hoping he'll settle. I hope he doesn't....this is probably good publicity for his movie.

well

". The release they signed, was very misleading, Cohen has a crafty legal team. "

BB, I disagree. It doesn't take a crafty team to make a misleading release. In fact it is quite stupid of them. Because if you can easily interpret it another way, and that's the way they get them to sign it, then it is quite obvious that the release is misleading on purpose. It should be invalid in my IANAL opinion.

hora

god, if she had just shut up and let him do his thing, she would have been fine. instead, she tried to take the mic away from him. i dont personally like him or his work (never seen borat) but come on, lighten up. many times people cause their own misfortunes. i also think she's grossly exaggerating- she acts like they beat her up

A fish

Why not sue him back in 2007. If she was confined to a wheelchair and walker in 07 you would think she would sue then and not wait a year and a half. All I know is I want to see the video because I don't think anyone on Cohen's camera crew including Cohen would be dumb enough to attack her on camera.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments