David Carradine -- Suicidal Tendencies

6/4/2009 12:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

David CarradineIt's become painfully clear that David Carradine had wrestled with suicidal thoughts long before this morning's tragedy.

In a 2004 interview dug up by the Telegraph Newspaper, the 72-year-old actor revealed that he once considered shooting himself, saying: "Look, there was a period in my life when I had a single action Colt 45, loaded, in my desk drawer.

And every night I'd take it out and think about blowing my head off, and then decide not to and go on with my life. Put it back in the drawer and open up the laptop and continue writing my autobiography or whatever. But it was just to see."

But there's more -- Carradine, who was also a musician, released a song on his website called Big Mack Truck, about a man who considers ending his life by walking into traffic. Here are some of the lyrics:

Does anyone know where I'm going ... does anyone here really care?

David Carradine: Click to listenIf I walk myself on a highway ... would that big mac truck be there?

Big mack truck .. big mack truck ... bearin' down on me.

Big mack truck on a highway .. oh say can you see ... can you see ... can you see?

blac

David Carradine, star of the 1970s television series "Kung Fu." has been found dead in a Bangkok hotel room. For more on this breaking story ...
Read more and see a movie about his life here: David Carradine-film

qwertymind

This needs to be investigated...
qwertymind wrote:
Thursday, 4 June 2009 at 04:33 pm (UTC)
In Bangkok... A rich, famous American actor working on a picture ends himself with a window curtain rope? Not likely. Lots of shady business in Thailand, different pleasures and different pains. If this is the "real danger" in working in Thailand, maybe the movie studios don't have to be there. This whole thing just sounds creepy.

qwertymind

This needs to be investigated...
qwertymind wrote:
Thursday, 4 June 2009 at 04:33 pm (UTC)

qwertymind

This needs to be investigated...
qwertymind wrote:
Thursday, 4 June 2009 at 04:33 pm (UTC)

qwertymind

This needs to be investigated...
qwertymind wrote:
Thursday, 4 June 2009 at 04:33 pm (UTC)

Bex

16. Idiots, publishing that he wanted to die by jumping in front of a truck, do you have any idea of how many idiots will see this and do it....we had one do it to us as we passed through AZ, let me tell you not only did he take himself out, but he almost took the family in the truck that hit him and tried to miss him and got us too...we were left on two wheels, thank god my hubs knew how to drive or we wouldn't be here! Now take your stupid story down before you give to many people ideas and they destroy more than themselves!!!!!

Posted at 12:57PM on Jun 4th 2009 by sereptaann

-------------------------------------------

You desperately need some anti-psychotic meds...you are nutty. I hope you don't have kids, you are unfit and dangerous.

daily m

why don't you just damn all of what is art? It is sad if people draw conclusions from this article, but I do see it in the future used as some weird disinformation proof.

JH

Snatch the pebbles from my hand no more, Grass-Hopper.
Rest in peace, and may peace find you.
Thanks

crystal

this is a murder cover up .someone probably thought he was carring alot of cash on him they broke in and overpowered him then staged the suicide .SHAME ON U TMZ U RATHER TRASH A BRILLIANT ACTOR BUT GIVE THAT WHORE SULEMAN ALL THE GREAT PRESS SHE WANTS > AND WE KNOW SHES NOT ALL THERE TOO BAD SHE WASNT THE ONE ON THE END OF THE CORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rorschach

This is unbelievably cruel. Let's say you had suicidal tendencies. Would you want us talking crap about you so soon after your death?! For shame, TMZ. For shame.

Bulbous Billy

Hey Caradine! Snatch this pebble from my hand ya friggin' stiff.

lloyd goode

not true don't believe he did that

Stan

OH NO! BOO HOO! Another person with nothing better to do than play make believe has killed himself. What went wrong? Did the maid improperly fold his t-shirt. Was it something the butler said? I guess we will never know. Anyway, two words GOOD and RIDANCE.

Stan

He was great on Welcome Back Kotter

carole hagen

We will miss you----you gave the world great scenes from several mediums----carole

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments