Carradine's Family Suspicious of Death

6/5/2009 11:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

David Carradine's family believes foul play was involved in the actor's death because they've been told he was found with his hands tied behind his back.

Earlier today, Thai police added to the mystery saying, "It is unclear whether [David] committed suicide or not or [whether] he died of suffocation or heart failure." Police say he could have died from an "accidental suffocation."

David's body was discovered in his Bangkok hotel room early Thursday morning -- police said there was rope wrapped around his neck and genitals.

Initially cops suspected suicide, but Carradine's close friends and family immediately refuted the claim -- saying David would never do that to himself. But cops say there's no evidence to suggest anyone was in the room at the time of David's death.

Now, suspicions of foul play are growing even stronger among family members who claim the hotel has been incredibly slow in turning over surveillance video to cops.

We've been told by the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok that David's body was shipped back to the States Friday evening (Thailand is 14 hours ahead of PST).

Story developing...

Gibson Divorce -- A Sticky Wicket

Mel Gibson's divorce is rolling along, but we're told it ain't gonna be as simple as a clean 50/50 split.

Mel Gibson

First of all, it looks like Mel's reported wealth -- $900,000,000 -- is inflated. The business people are still figuring it out, but a huge portion of his net worth is tied up in real estate. As one source put it, relative to his wealth, there's not a lot of cash involved.

That's not to say Mel and Robyn are living on a budget. They have millions in the bank ... we're told Mel is pulling in about $17 million on his latest movie project.

Now here's where it gets complicated. Some of the real estate is being held in trust for their children. As for the rest of the real estate, it's not a good time to sell, but we're told they will most likely have to liquidate the lion's share of these assets for their property settlement.

Eva Longoria Bikini -- Spurfect 10

Eva Longoria flaunted her tight little bikini body while in Saint Tropez, France yesterday ... and that guy she's married to was there too.

Best In Show

The 133rd Westminster Kennel Club dog show brought the cutest canines to NY. Check out these pampered pooches.

Launch Photos

Celebrity Park People

Public parks are a great place for stars to have a picnic, soak up some rays ... and dodge some occasional stranger danger.

Launch Photos

Celebrity Shiners

What do you call a celebrity with a black eye? A good listener!

Getting Clean!

Who knew soap and water could make you feel so dirty?!

Being Cool Never Looked So Hot!

Whether stuck in the snow or splashing in the sea, they're just plain hot.

COMMENTS

Perry

If his hands are tied behind his back, common sense tells you someone else is involved and took off scared. I hope they will return and step up with the truth so it can be put to rest. RIP David, I loved your Kung Foo days on TV

Lannie

At first it seemed liked solo erotic asphyxiation, but with David's hands tied behind his back, someone else, of course, was there. They didn't mean for the death to occur, but with some couples incorporate it into bondage, domination, and sadomasochistic (S&M) play, they may be under the false impression that it's safe if someone is there to cut the rope.
"One of the dangers of sexual asphyxiation is that it can trigger a heart attack. Deprived of oxygen, the chemistry of your blood changes. Those chemical changes can throw the heart into deadly heart rhythm abnormalities or cause and cardiac arrest. So you can die even if a partner loosens the noose." Someone in Bankok is running. David Carradine, as we all suspected DID NOT COMMIT SUCIDE, nor was he murdered intentionally. It was just kinky sex gone wrong, and it was with adult consent.
More needs to be exposed about erotic asphyxiation ... every year, and get ready for this, a 1000 teenagers mostly young men, die from this. Many think it is sucide, but it is a cover up. Awareness folks is needed big time on this. And hiding this sex act does no good, they (teenagers) discover this on their own in different variations.

Raven32166

If the story is true that he was found with his hands tied behind his back, then OBVIOUSLY he wasn't alone, someone was there!!! Such a shame...hopefully they'll have answers soon.

Elle

....It had to be one of those kinky sex acts..why on earth would anyone tie their genitals up and then hang themselves........sick..but sad.....Of course the hotel would try to cover up by withholding the surveillance tapes as long as possible tryinkng to protect themselves.....and the family too..thats natural..!!!

jason smart

erotic asphyxiation. a hooker was there, freaked out when he was having a heartattack, ran off. case closed.

shoot, these days everbodys just gotta know everything.

NATURE CALLS

HANDS AND GENITALS TIED UP WITH ROPE? LOOKS LIKE NATURAL CAUSES TO ME !

Wayne

other than any family members who the hell cares how he died?

Elle

RTmoore....wait a minute "cooperation here in the states" Puleeze...you get no more cooperation here than any third world country...They cover up crimes all the time...especially ones involving "celebrities" Did we ever find out why the Olsen twin was so involved in Heath Ledgers last moments...the phone calls...the drugs...the time between finding the body and actually calling the police...??? Come on someONES know alot more than we will ever hear.......
..and as for Thailand...If there is anyone out there who does not know the depraved stuff that goes on in Thailand...you must live in a box..!!!!

Bill

I am sure my wife "Sandy the Psychic" could solve this case. All she would need is a family member or close friend of David's to call her or come to see her in New York or Florida and get a reading where I would bet that David would come through and give her the information of what happened and who was involved. She has done it several times and is the only Psychic to tell the F B I the name of a perpatrator and where to find him. She is one of the best Psychic/Mediums in the country! Yes I know what your thinking while your reading this but it is true. Even though 95% of Psychics are fake she is the real deal. When people pass on they are still around you and know everything that is going on in your life and your future, although you can turn left instead of right and you do have free will to change your direction.

Sandy

16. HE HAD NO REASON TO DIE. THIS WAS MURDER. who ties your own genitals up and hands BEHIND YOUR BACK? HOW?...his family is correct. Someone didn't like him and we'll never know who it was. But he's gotten away with it. If I was the cops, I'd find out, WHO was in his room last and if there was cameras in a hallway?

Posted at 3:04PM on Jun 5th 2009 by KC
Hey KC, you have a computer. Google BONDAGE and see if you get a clue as to who ties up genitals with hands BEHIND YOUR BACK. He was getting his rocks off, bound, gagged, old, poof! At least he died doing what he enjoyed. Beats getting so old you can't get it up. Of course the surveillance video is being withheld to protect his privacy. Do we really need to know all the sordid details? RIP Mr Carradine

Titangirl

that is a shameful way to die... He died as a prevert. OOPS!!!! His whole family and friends should be embarassed.

Steven Parker

What a freaking pity, me and my brother grew up on Kung Fu and so I really have a warm spot in my heart for the Carradine family. Such a long noble career and now he will be engulfed in rumor and speculation and remembered not for Kung Fu but for kinky hotel mystery sex????

Clementine

This is really sad. I always loved David Carridine and his work. Still do. "If" and I say "if" his death was a result of kinky sex or whatever I just want to say that wouldn't it be great if people would hold themselves back in this area and wait for satisfaction with the partner they choose to be with instead of wanting sexual gratification from all sorts of deviant and crazy ways. Good people still go nuts with sex. But when bad people get involved...there's sexual torture, murder, horrible things done for the sake of a moment of so called "feeling good". God created sex to be a beautiful thing. People destroy it. David was a good man. He was either murdered or died of a sexual act gone wrong. God bless his family. I hope they catch the disgusting creeps who did this to him!!

Lannie

Folks I know we want to protect the family (even though I think one or two of his wives know about this fetish of David's), he was married I think 4 or 5 times. But, erotic asphyxiation (with S & M involved in this case) is serious stuff. Exposure is the best thing to come out. At first, I even thought AOL or TMZ shouldn't run this article, because many young people are out of school and reading this. I researched and guess what most already know about this in one form or the other.
I loved David Carradine movies and Kung Fu tv series and that will not change. I'll probably get out my Kill Bill 1 and 2 tonight and watch again. But, David knew what he was doing. He just probably didn't think this would happen. He is looking down or up, whatever ... and thinking oh my gosh, my fans, what will they think? Well, those of us who do not judge will still appreciate his work.
But, maybe, his family will decide to expose all this for the sake of other's (especially young adults) to help the world on understanding the dangers of this kind of sex and David (the Grasshopper) Carradine will be remembered for something other than his brilliant acting, be remembered for helping others.
Note: The person involved with David during this time of sexual exploration needs to come forward, it was with adult consent, and should be determined as an accidently death. Case closed.

GERONIMO

I would have to use the little part of my brain that never gets used for this on ! Ummmmmm, I'd say he was MURDERED ! Not any kind of crap that has to do with sex or the doing of his Kung Fu series. (Which by the way was one of the greatest that I have grown up watching in them day's.
Every time someone with fame dies or gets murdered you people start talking all this trash. Why?, If this was a family member or friend of yours how would you like all this trash talking to be done about them?. The only ones that should be embarrassed are the trash talkers because I really don't think you can see that you just make yourselves look like a retarded foll or just a plain Idiot that I'm sure your parents are very proud of.
Get a life you losers and let him rest in peace.
To his family and friends: This is a great loss and my wishes are with you and you are in my thoughts. I'm very sad to hear of this tragic incident We should all say a prayer for him and let it be. REST IN PEACE DAVID YOU WERE AND ARE A GREAT MAN. GOD BLEES.....