Carradine's Family Suspicious of Death

6/5/2009 11:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

David Carradine's family believes foul play was involved in the actor's death because they've been told he was found with his hands tied behind his back.

Earlier today, Thai police added to the mystery saying, "It is unclear whether [David] committed suicide or not or [whether] he died of suffocation or heart failure." Police say he could have died from an "accidental suffocation."

David's body was discovered in his Bangkok hotel room early Thursday morning -- police said there was rope wrapped around his neck and genitals.

Initially cops suspected suicide, but Carradine's close friends and family immediately refuted the claim -- saying David would never do that to himself. But cops say there's no evidence to suggest anyone was in the room at the time of David's death.

Now, suspicions of foul play are growing even stronger among family members who claim the hotel has been incredibly slow in turning over surveillance video to cops.

We've been told by the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok that David's body was shipped back to the States Friday evening (Thailand is 14 hours ahead of PST).

Story developing...

Gibson Divorce -- A Sticky Wicket

Mel Gibson's divorce is rolling along, but we're told it ain't gonna be as simple as a clean 50/50 split.

Mel Gibson

First of all, it looks like Mel's reported wealth -- $900,000,000 -- is inflated. The business people are still figuring it out, but a huge portion of his net worth is tied up in real estate. As one source put it, relative to his wealth, there's not a lot of cash involved.

That's not to say Mel and Robyn are living on a budget. They have millions in the bank ... we're told Mel is pulling in about $17 million on his latest movie project.

Now here's where it gets complicated. Some of the real estate is being held in trust for their children. As for the rest of the real estate, it's not a good time to sell, but we're told they will most likely have to liquidate the lion's share of these assets for their property settlement.

Eva Longoria Bikini -- Spurfect 10

Eva Longoria flaunted her tight little bikini body while in Saint Tropez, France yesterday ... and that guy she's married to was there too.

Best In Show

The 133rd Westminster Kennel Club dog show brought the cutest canines to NY. Check out these pampered pooches.

Launch Photos

Celebrity Park People

Public parks are a great place for stars to have a picnic, soak up some rays ... and dodge some occasional stranger danger.

Launch Photos

Celebrity Shiners

What do you call a celebrity with a black eye? A good listener!

Getting Clean!

Who knew soap and water could make you feel so dirty?!

Being Cool Never Looked So Hot!

Whether stuck in the snow or splashing in the sea, they're just plain hot.

COMMENTS

mike

Yeah seems logical to me. Let's see I'm in the sex capital of the world, where you can send out for anything you like, hold the Anchovies, I'll just get naked and hang in my hotel room for a while, maybe in my closet until aroused. Yeah it must have been erotic experimentation that got him with all that beautiful stuff just outside the lobby entrance. He probably wanted to see if he could get all the blood in his body to go to his penis before his date got there.

We wouldn't want to do anything to hurt the tourist trade to Sex City now would we. yeah, it was sucide, for sure. They wouldn't be able to get that close to a big celebrity that easy, nah... That would mean it was unsafe for anybody, you and me too. Yeah, he had amazing martial arts skills and he was able to tie his hands behind his back and then a rope from his nuts to his neck and then probably dance a little in an effort to do so. And then accidentally, erotically, had the big orgasiam, I hope, before finally going into the big sleep.

Another never ending Fatty Arbuckle/2nd shooter tale evolves, and no grassy knoll. Is O.J. out on furlough?

GERONIMO

SORRY ABOUT THE TYPO

GERONIMO

I would have to use the little part of my brain that never gets used for this one ! Ummmmmm, I'd say he was MURDERED ! Not any kind of crap that has to do with sex or the doing of his Kung Fu series. (Which by the way was one of the greatest that I have grown up watching in them day's.
Every time someone with fame dies or gets murdered you people start talking all this trash. Why?, If this was a family member or friend of yours how would you like all this trash talking to be done about them?. The only ones that should be embarrassed are the trash talkers because I really don't think you can see that you just make yourselves look like a retarded foll or just a plain Idiot that I'm sure your parents are very proud of.
Get a life you losers and let him rest in peace.
To his family and friends: This is a great loss and my wishes are with you and you are in my thoughts. I'm very sad to hear of this tragic incident We should all say a prayer for him and let it be. REST IN PEACE DAVID YOU WERE AND ARE A GREAT MAN. GOD BLESS.....

GERONIMO

Every time someone with fame dies or gets murdered you people start talking all this trash. Why?, If this was a family member or friend of yours how would you like all this trash talking to be done about them?. The only ones that should be embarrassed are the trash talkers because I really don't think you can see that you just make yourselves look like a retarded fool or just a plain Idiot that I'm sure your parents are very proud of.
Get a life you losers and let him rest in peace.

Lannie

Mr. Hopkins, no disrespect, but you are not reading about the facts of this case. Nor or you educated on sexual asphyxiation, which most of us are not. I researched this out. You do the same. Again, no disrespect, but the
facts or the facts. And the truth of Mr. Carradine's death could possibly help others.

Ree

Did anyone ever think that Carradine was playing bondage/sex games with someone else, and when everything went awry and Carradine accidentally stopped breathing during that sex game his partner left him there alone?

"MURPH"

If his hands were tied behind his back how could he have killed himself. It's a shame that such a great man has had his name trashed by the media, the media's rush for a story has cost this man his good name. It's shameful!!!! To all the people in the media!! .Put the brakes on! Until you actually know whats happened. It's disgraceful that professional reporters cannot hold back until they know the facts. This poor mans family has to suffer the indignity of the press branding him as suicidal. It's just not fair to him or them!!!!!!!!
"MURPH"

Jane Brow

A true gentleman and a great actor; may they find out what really happened to him.. Condolences to his family and bless him.

GalaxxyGal

It is SO glaring that this was some kind of weird sex thing- likely a prostitute was involved & ran when it went wrong..

No way to put a dignified spin on this

Talk about being caught with your pants down !!!

GG

Rhonda

Anyone remember the Kevin Spacey movie "The Life of David Gale"? A woman killed herself while making it look like murder. I gon't feel thats the case with David, but being in Thailand at the time of his death will keep us from ever knowing the truth. I'll just hope it was some sex game gone wrong. David Carradine had everything to live for and was full of life.

Lannie

READ THE FACTS OF THIS CASE. OF COURSE, HE DID NOT TIE HIS HANDS BEHIND HIS BACK (DUH) HE WAS WITH SOMEONE ELSE WHO DID THAT! NOR WAS IT MURDER!! THEY WERE PRACTICING EROTIC ASPHYXIATION WITH S & M ... IT WAS BETWEEN TWO CONSENTING ADULTS. YES, SOMEONE IS RUNNING AND HIDING, BUT IT WAS AN ACCIDENTAL DEATH. THEY SHOULD TURN THEMSELF IN. AND AS SOMEONE SAID ON HERE, THE CASE SHOULD BE CLOSED.
SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE ABOUT MR. CARRADINE, WHO I ALSO STILL LOVE FOR HIS WORK, BUT FOLKS LOTS OF PEOPLE ARE INTO KINKY SEX THAT "FLOATS THEIR BOAT" ... BECOME INFORMED, EDUCATE YOURSELF. AND READ THE FACTS OF THE CASE, BEFORE POSTING.

TINA R

OK...........if the hands were behind his back,unless it was some kinky sex thing there had to be another person,right?if they were not,i have heard of that around your neck thing.even that chambers guy in central park who killed that girl,that is what is what it was thought to be,as far as leaving the family alone,no i am not mega bucks ,but don't insurance policys not pay foff for suicides?so the family will indead prove this wrong if it is....anyway either way it is a sad thing,if sex was that big a deal or murder........

TINA R

ok i just read someone elses comments,and seen 2 news things.....some say there were his hands tied and some say not,if you were going to hang yourself,would'nt you need something to step on and kick away if you were alone i mean?just thinking outloud.

Marija

I agree with this person comments 100%

46. 16. HE HAD NO REASON TO DIE. THIS WAS MURDER. who ties your own genitals up and hands BEHIND YOUR BACK? HOW?...his family is correct. Someone didn't like him and we'll never know who it was. But he's gotten away with it. If I was the cops, I'd find out, WHO was in his room last and if there was cameras in a hallway?

andrea

do you think it could be drug related and that was what kill him?.He was in differnt country. I don't know? just asking.