Dr. Lohan vs. Dr. Drew -- War of the Words

6/7/2009 2:34 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan and Dr DrewLindsay Lohan and Dr. Drew -- two of Hollywood's most respected minds on the topic of addiction -- have gotten themselves into a verbal tussle where the only victor is comedy.

Dr. Drew ticked off Lilo by commenting about her various problems, saying he believes that she'll "lose a limb or something" before she'll finally get sober.

In a sign of the times, Lohan tweeted her response, saying, "I thought REAL doctors talk to patients in offices behind closed doors. Am I wrong? Hmmmmmm. I think NOT! Yay!" Hard to argue with that.

Nothing says "I'm a respected doctor" more than being mentored by Lindsay Lohan.

JANE DOE

I don't think Dr Drew or Any of Us should worry about Her/Him any longer!

She's nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!1

1963 days ago

DS

Couple of things...

1.) I don't think Dr. Drew is Lohan's doctor. So, he can say whatever the f*** he wants. Besides...

2.) I seem to recall a particular streak where keeping things behind closed doors was clearly the last thing on her mind. Lohan, don't be a hypocrite.

3.) What's the difference between Dr. Drew saying it and everyone else saying it? I mean, we're ALL attention whores, right, "Robert"? Otherwise why bother posting your so-very-important thoughts on TMZ?

1963 days ago

offtheproperty

the more you dis Lindsay, the more stupid you seem

1963 days ago

Jason

I didn't many people felt the same as I about drew. Harvey should ask Kevin & Bean why they support such a tool.
I know, right?

1963 days ago

augustina udosen

lindsay is the best actress of her generation,she is trying to regain the trust movie Directors and Producers,it was wrong for Dr Drew to make such assessment of lindsay lohan publicly,they tried to bury Brittney,and they couldnt.she is a bundle of talent and will do well in any field of her choice,stop hating.Nobody is God to predict another man,s future,look arround you and try do good with your hands and mouth and not slander innocent children.

1962 days ago

augustina udosen

Eva Mendes,Kristin Dunst,Owen Wilson all went to Rehab after Lindsay,why doesnt the good doctor comment on them.this is a question of selective deformation of character or should i say trying the bury the poor girl.some even attempted suicide.But lindsay is everybody punching bag.we love her here in africa love and rooting and praying for her.we love her,she is the best,it will be a shame for lindsay to be perfect.with so much talent.everybody goes through something,so lindsay got her on cross to carry,it will make more matured and wiser.

1962 days ago

None of your business

Lindsey is nothing but a tramp. Dr. Drew should not even waste his time on that thing. She's a has been. She is not even a good actress or whatever she's suppose to be.

1962 days ago

Susi

Lindsay Lohan is trailer trash who got a break in life. She was a good "child actress." Get it...WAS! Her addiction has taken her down and she refuses to recover. She has had a lot of help and yet she is still actively using. Dr. Drew only commented about her behavior in the general public (her choice). So, unless all you "critics" have am M.D, and a license to treat addict.....please back up your comments with some intelligence...

1962 days ago

for now

We know the losers are jealous of gorgeous Lindsay.
It will always be that way.

1962 days ago

Stacia

Students for Sensible Drug Policy want Dr. Drew to apologize forhis irresponsible remarks about Lindsay!

Sign the Facebook petition http://apps.facebook.com/causes/petitions/443

Here's what it says...

"Dr. Drew, you recently told Radar Online, "If [Lindsay Lohan] were my daughter, I would pack her car full with illegal substances, send her on her way, call the police, and make sure she was arrested. I would make sure she was not allowed to get out of jail.”

This incredibly irresponsible advice is not only unethical, it’s also illegal.

The Association for Addiction Professionals' code of ethics states: "I shall refrain from using any methods that could be considered coercive such as threats, negative labeling, and attempts to provoke shame or humiliation."

As a so-called "addiction specialist," you should know that addiction is a serious health problem, and it should be dealt with like any other disease: with compassion rather than coercion. Instead, your comment perpetuates the punitive, knee-jerk response to addiction that has only succeeded in filling our prisons.

Dr. Drew, please apologize for your irresponsible remarks.
Sincerely,