Broadway Set Takes Out Bret Michaels

6/8/2009 9:07 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It sure wasn't "nothing but a good time" at the Tony Awards for Bret Michaels last night -- because after performing in the opening number, dude ran smack into a falling set piece and landed flat on his ass.

Bret Michaels: Click to watch
A spokesperson for the Tonys tells the AP Michaels just "missed his mark" but wouldn't comment on any injuries except to say his nose wasn't broken.

motorboater

The hairless Brett almost became the headless Brett....I hope he's ok.

1965 days ago

Nastjag

too bad Chris Brown didnt perform.... oopsie :D

1965 days ago

tony

I read that he was not there in time for the rehearsal and a stand in was in place. If Mr. Michaels missed his mark, perhaps it is because he was not informed there was one. If he was truly hurt in this unfortunate incident, it is horrible that once again all the comments are filled with raw hate filled fodder. Gawd, what a planet we inhabit. If a piano fell on your head tomorrow, wouldn't it feel good to know the world too fell over....laughing....at you.

1965 days ago

walla walla wife's a b*tch

I just loved that little 'shoulder shrug' dance move, Bret!

1965 days ago

DaJuice

Hey Tony...#19...

Not only do I hope that people laugh their freakin' A$$e$ off if a piano falls on my head tomorrow but that TMZ and every other media outlet plays the footage backwards and forwards in a loop with catchy theme music like, I don't know, Piano Man...

1965 days ago

Switch

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

TOOOOOOOOOOL !!!!!!!!!

1965 days ago

tim_by

that sucks. the guy was performing and got hurt.

1965 days ago

Kathryn

I love Brett Michaels! I hope he's ok. I will love Brett forever!

1965 days ago

kattjayy

"Don't need nothing but an asprin...A big ol' sign just fell on my head" Wow that could be a new hit for you Brett!

1965 days ago

Learned By Mistake

When I saw it live last night I thought geez, that's what happen's when you stay on the stage to long to get attention.

1965 days ago

sham wow guy's wonky eye

What's with all the hateful comments and laughter?? You may not be a fan but someone almost gets seriously injured and so many find it funny. You people make me sick, better watch out for a thing called KARMA, it will get you 3x worse than the hate you put out, just remember that. I have been to Bret's concerts and he is an awesome performer, every show was worth every penny spent, he rocks! To all you jealous haters, he is a millionaire many times over and a smart business man. He didn't get to be a famous musician because he and his band sucked, you idiots! Go back to your little desk jobs, Bret doesn't have to punch a clock or answer to a boss, he's the one that gets the last laugh!

YOU ROCK, BRET!

1965 days ago

rebecca

that's the funniest thing I've seen since Geraldo getting knocked on his ass by that hurricane on live tv. LOL

1964 days ago

She's Dumb

OMG...I cannot remember the last time I laughed my a** off so hard! What an idiot! Mr Ego finally got the sh** knocked out of him...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ever seen him on rock of love? Hello, Mr Michael's you can stop fixing your hair extensions for like 100 times per episode...What a washed up loser!!!!

1964 days ago

LST

Haha what a tool.

1964 days ago

Annette

YEAH, BUT THE SOCK IN HIS PANTS WAS UNHARMED SO ALL IS WELL.

1964 days ago