Bret Michaels Is Bloody Mad -- I'm No Liza Minnelli

6/11/2009 11:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

You're looking at the face of a man who took on the Tony Awards -- and barely made it out alive.

Bret Michaels

Bret Michaels
just posted these gruesome pics of his busted ass face after a prop at the award show came down and cracked him in the kisser at the end of a live performance Sunday night.

The Poison frontman also posted a scathing press release on his website, attacking the Tony's for not caring about his injuries-- because he's not Liza Minnelli!!

Here's a snippet from the actual release -- "I feel had this incident happened to Liza Minnelli, Dolly Parton or Elton John the Tonys would have at least issued a letter of concern."

In the statement, Bret claims he was dazed and bloodied during the incident, but "the full extent of his injuries remains to be seen until all x-rays are back."

Michaels reps claim someone working on the Tony's should have prevented the injury form ever happening, saying "the prop should have been immediately halted until Michaels was clear."

Sounds like someone's setting the stage for a serious lawsuit...

Bret Michaels Tony Awards

Anu

I have never seen Liza and Brett at the same time.

Does Brett protest too much?

boredatwork

He has every right to be peeved.

Mikey

YOUR LUCKY SOME CRACK HEAD BOOKED YOU ON THE SHOW. NOW STFU!

TimP

See the problem with the statement Brett issued is that the people he list have talent. His only talent is sleeping with ever skank he can find. His 15 minutes were up 20 yrs ago.

goldieok

Wahhh I missed my mark & got clobbered by the scenery.
Wahhh it's not my fault i'm stupid - it's someone elses fault.
Wahh - if your reading this - it's your fault not mine

adam

you know thats carpet burn,he should skip the mri and get his stomache pumped it helped elton john

SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE

I thought that was Rod Stewart?

Megley

Am I the only one that thinks he actually looks BETTER this way?

carlos

Say what you will of Bret Michael's - in this particular instance he has a point. Had it Liza Minelli or some other Broadway darling- The Tony's would have been much more conciliatory. And he is also right about someone controlling the prop's decension. Michaels never claimed to be a broadway star or theatre actor- even if he rehearsed, for the safety of all performers, some one should be responsible for controlling props.

Good luck with the lawsuit.

NotAmused

It's his own fault. On another note, he's looking for a payout, seeing how his "music career" (gag, puke) has faded into near obscurity and the only thing going in his life, is some show where skanks vie for his infections, um...I mean "affections".

Arden8

You know what, I'm not a big fan of Poison and I know Poison's fans aren't big theatre folk either, but his number ROCKED on the show and what happened to him was because someone was NOT paying attention on the technical side.
I feel really bad for the guy.

dman

I just saw that video and it was a tight changeover but if Bret missed the rehearsal it's his own fault. The stage is a crazy place during changeovers and that is one of the reason you have rehearsals in the first place. So people don't get hurt. His missing that rehearsal is probably why he didn't get his 'apology'.

As for his character, Bret is a spoiled child. I worked for Poison a few times and he was always making insane demands and acting like Gods gift to women.

CC Deville by comparison is a stand up guy. I was the PM for a small venue that Poison played at in New England and CC asked me if I knew of a beach near one of the nearby lakes he could take his family and hang out before the show. So I drew him a map and gave him some resturaunt suggestions. After the show while we were putting the show back in the trucks he took the time to track me down and thank me saying he and his family had a great time. Now THAT is class.

Nelson Muntz

Hey #21: PROOFREAD is ONE WORD, you dolt. LEARN TO SPELL.

BTW, TMZ, I see you still have not fixed your error.

gus

180 people in high heels, robes and leotards managed to step kick ball change with military precision but this homo douche clown couldn't walk through a curtain in the allotted four seconds. As if that performance wasn't humiliating enough, now he's going to drag his sorry tranny chaps through the court system.
Way to ensure you're a laughing stock, Bret.

Tiger's Help Sucks Too

Oh please, you whining wuss. You've hurt yourself worse falling down drunk. Or drugged.
You're no Dolly Parton, Elton John, or even Liza Minnelli, so quitcherbitchin.
By the way. Who the hell ARE you and why were you even AT the Tony's?