Bret Michaels Is Bloody Mad -- I'm No Liza Minnelli

6/11/2009 11:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

You're looking at the face of a man who took on the Tony Awards -- and barely made it out alive.

Bret Michaels

Bret Michaels
just posted these gruesome pics of his busted ass face after a prop at the award show came down and cracked him in the kisser at the end of a live performance Sunday night.

The Poison frontman also posted a scathing press release on his website, attacking the Tony's for not caring about his injuries-- because he's not Liza Minnelli!!

Here's a snippet from the actual release -- "I feel had this incident happened to Liza Minnelli, Dolly Parton or Elton John the Tonys would have at least issued a letter of concern."

In the statement, Bret claims he was dazed and bloodied during the incident, but "the full extent of his injuries remains to be seen until all x-rays are back."

Michaels reps claim someone working on the Tony's should have prevented the injury form ever happening, saying "the prop should have been immediately halted until Michaels was clear."

Sounds like someone's setting the stage for a serious lawsuit...

Bret Michaels Tony Awards

UGGGGHHH

why does he wear that stupid bandana all the time..... is he bald?

whatever

Karma is a bitch, I'm sure there's alot more out there for ya dude.

donna

Cry me a friggin river. I thought this was suppose to be a tough guy yet he is crying harder over this than most women and children do after car accidents. What a wimp. Go get a sleezy girl to rub wax on your bald head, it will make you feel better. Freak

TTOWNGAL

AT LEAST LIZA DIDN'T LIP SYNC LIKE HE DID, MAYBE HE SHOULD OPEN FOR BRITNEY!!!!!

Kristen

lmfao!

JustDave

If you went to rehersal you would have known to get your has-been ass off center stage quickly cause of the dropping stage prop. Making out with all those nasty skanks has made you dumb and pathetic...

Lori

What a wimp! I wouldn't have even bothered going to the hospital for what little injuries he has. He must not get hurt much.
You will live softy.

Jennie

Why didn't you get out of the way? Everyone else in your band did. As soon as the song was over, everyone else moved but you! What a stupe dope!

New Englander

This guy needs to man up and grow a pair. I thought rock guys were supposed to be cool.

JRR413

OK, I went on his Web site to read the actual letter, and it is not a fraction as angry or whiny as TMZ makes it sound. Gee, you don't suppose TMZ is SENSATIONALIZING this, do ya?

Corey Feldman is the king of douche Bags!

It gives me something to believe in...

Corey Feldman is the king of douche Bags!

Is that Vince the ShamWow Guy???

broadway baby 1313

He should have gotten off the stage when he was suppose to instead of haming it up like he did! If CeCe was able to get his drunk a** off in time brett should have made it too! The best part was that when he got slammed by the prop his cowboy hat flew off and Shrek stepped on it! ha ha!

TTTRNNNN

PULLLEEEZZZEEE!!!!! STOP CRYING BEFORE UR FREAKIN GUYLINER RUNS!!!! I'VE HAD WORSE THAN THAT & I'M A CHICK!! & UNLIKE ONE OF THOSE SKANKS FROM YOUR "REALITY" SHOW...NO WONDER YOU HAVE TO LOOK FOR "LOVE" ON TV...NO REAL WOMAN WANTS TO BE WITH ANY WHINY, CRYBABY BITCHES LIKE YOU!!!!

joell

Hi Brett,
I had to google your name, i am not a fan and hadn't heard your name before. I am a born again Christian and i was awaken from a deep sleep the other night and the holy spirit apoke your name to me and I felt you really needed prayer.
Jesus loves you and he want's to reveal himself to you in a personal way. Just ask him sincerely. He's waiting for you. and i/m going to continue to pray for you.
God bless you,