Chaz Bono

Can Soon Tie Knot

6/12/2009 10:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chaz BonoChaz Bono can do something as a man which she could never do as a woman in California -- marry her partner.

At a point during the gender change -- typically when breasts are removed -- the subject can go to court and ask a judge to legally change his/her sex. It's discretionary on the part of the judge in determining when the person switches sex and is entitled to a legal change, but typically it's when the breasts are removed.

Judges typically do not require a genitalia switch as a prerequisite to a sex change.

Chaz has been in a committed relationship for several years. Therefore, what Chaz could never do now -- marry his partner -- he can do when the law acknowledges he is indeed a he.

Exact same person -- totally different result. Go figure.

Chaz Bono Launch Photos

Ms Kris

Fat, so much for Celebrity Fit Club

Ugly

Who would marry "this person"?

What is it?

Virginia

I do not hate gays or transexuals. However, chastiy says in one of her autobiographies that she was molested by a lesbian babysitter when she was 11 years old. It is a known pshychological fact that when children are molested, whether the molestor was gay or staight, the molested child tends to act out in life what happened to them . It is one thing to be gay, It is another thing to distort ones sexual organs to become a sex that God and hature did not intend for one to be. Chastity. who is undergoing a sex change, does not seem to be in need of a sex change, She needs a therapist.

Afan

Is it time to label California 'The Gay State"?

mss

I don't quite get the laws in CA. Just because one removes breasts you can classify as male.
That would mean every poor unfortunate woman who has cancer and has her breasts removed is male

This must be a very difficult decision to make. Hope she has good doctors.

db

Freak!

Ziggy

I think if this is what makes him/her happy then who are we to judge. I'm sure it will be a strain on their relationship. Suddenly the lesbian partner is going to be with a man instead of a woman. Hopefully it works out.

big joe

fat freak

Virginia

To #1, I am Smartman, who has made numerous hate remarsks about america on on these opinion boards, has a serious psuchological problem. Mr Smartman, instead of Christian people like myself hating you, i will pray for you. God loves you also, as He loves all of us. However, if you are a terrorist, which is what you are starting to sound like to me, the citizens of the USa (and the world) will not put put up with you for one second. It is sad to have nothing better to do with ones life than to post numerous hate messages about a country or people all day.

London not England

WHAT HAPPENED TO HER NECK...SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE SWALLOWED A BULL FROG....
HOW COULD CHER AND SONNY MAKE SUCH AN UGLY OFFSPRING.....? BIG FAT OL NECK AND FACE...GAWD......!!!!!

Wow

On the other hand, it really gives me the willies.

Wow

#15: There usually seems to be a link to child molestation, doesn't there? I have friends like that and I read lots of books on the subject.

Wow

That's why I'm so glad I live here. At least America still has its moral compass.

Bigshott

Oh my gosh! When I heard that there was a gender change forth coming, I thought it was from Male to female. So Bono is going to be more manly? What do you think the odds of Sonny and Cher having a GAY kid! 100%

LH

Why is this even news? It turns my stomach that "it" is mutilating itself to make an impact on society. Creepy surgical mutilation by human being doctors is not going to change what the Universe, Sonny & Cher created. She is never going to be a man. It is a Monster. Period!

Bigshott

Oh my gosh! I though Bono was going to have and operation to become a woman. I did not know Bono want to become more of a man.
What are the odds that Cher and Sonny raise a gay kid? 100%