Chaz Bono

Can Soon Tie Knot

6/12/2009 10:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chaz BonoChaz Bono can do something as a man which she could never do as a woman in California -- marry her partner.

At a point during the gender change -- typically when breasts are removed -- the subject can go to court and ask a judge to legally change his/her sex. It's discretionary on the part of the judge in determining when the person switches sex and is entitled to a legal change, but typically it's when the breasts are removed.

Judges typically do not require a genitalia switch as a prerequisite to a sex change.

Chaz has been in a committed relationship for several years. Therefore, what Chaz could never do now -- marry his partner -- he can do when the law acknowledges he is indeed a he.

Exact same person -- totally different result. Go figure.

Chaz Bono Launch Photos

Debbie

I'm sorry for Cher. Chastity was the only thing left between her & Sonny, which is a legacy in itself. She, or he, is obviously a very unhappy person in whatever gender "they" choose to be. It is just a shame, but I'm sure as a parent Cher loves her child anyway.

FiBiker

WAZ UP WITH THIS WOMAN....SHE HAS BEEN USING A STRAP-ON FOR YEARS ON HER GIRLFRIENDS!!!!!!

NO NEED FOR SURGERY!!!!!

LH

Chastity, you and your partner are grossly selfish and stupid!

John Galt for President 2012

So when is Harvey going to have his surgery and become a lesbian so he can marry Chaz Boner?

That would be hilarious.

chris t

It seems like all of the ignorant people come to TMZ. I guess that means I must leave now!

jake

I thought he was a man? I am a little confused.

jerry

Just wanna say,True beauties are actually among ourselves,check this out...millionaire chats.c/o/m...hot and sincere rich people,hot girls and handsome men there are much more attractive and charming! you can ignore but i think that's your loss

fast eddie

(long pause, and weird grimace. OK.)

She's beyond perverse. Only God can help this poor soul.

Good God

Here is what I don't understand: Her partner is obviously a lesbian, which means she prefers women So what happens when Chastity is no longer a woman, but is a man? I'm so confused....

fast eddie

Oh yeah, just FYI to the person who talked about gays moving to Iowa, remember the people haven't voted yet. The State Perverse Court's decision will be reversed, just like it was in California.

hahahahahha!!!!!

"Fox News host Neil Cavuto asked Farrell, who is Christian, on his show today:

"[Prejean] went out and said that a marriage is between a man and a woman. Do you share that view?"

Farrell responded in the affirmative with a simple, "Uh huh."

"You do, OK," said Cavuto."

BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!! So even the new Miss California don't want butt pirates and carpet munchers to marry!?!?!?!?!?! Karma has come back full swing and bitten the Nazi liberal bullies yet again!!!! Too f'n funny!!!!

Shauna

This is just freaking sick. This country now says if a woman loses both her breast from cancer she is no long a woman? This is so sick and perverted. Cher must wanna kill herself now. That a fat freak.

Shell

That picture that isn't Sonny is David Geffen. Cher dated him, he's gay. Does anyone think that having whacky Cher for a mother in her formative years has anything to do with CHAZ's sexuality? I don't subscribe to the notion that you're born gay. I think Cher was a pretty bad mother. She jumped from man to man to man, and was obviously busy with her career. I don't think Elijah is Gay, but he likes to dress in drag. Who knows, maybe he's bi. By the way, I looked it up, Sonny has two other daughters and a son, so she/he CHAZ was not his only daughter.

blues fan

No, Julie and Ava, you simpering twits, there is a whole lot more to becoming a transgendered man than "cutting off your tits". Sheesh!!!! If you, or any of the other posters here, really want to learn about what being a transgendered man or woman is all about, as so many of you are claiming, then stop diddling around on a celebrity gossip site and go educate yourselves -- just hit Google. There is so much ugliness and hatred being spewed here that I don't Chastity Bono is the really sick one.

cyn1

I am a huge fan of Cher's. I did background work on one of her films, and I think she is very stylish, attractive and talented...

This is so incredibly weird, all I can say is "Hasn't Cher suffered enough?"

Good luck to all involved. I have two kids and I think this would be heartbreaking to see your child go through something so painful..