Danny Gokey Love$$$ 'American Idol'

6/12/2009 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Believe it or not, the best part of "American Idol" actually isn't having 12-year-old girls screaming your name, because according to Danny Gokey, it's all about the "MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY. MONNNNNNEY!"

Danny Gokey: Click to watch
He requested we not air that part. Whoops.

Estelle

LISTEN HATERS!!!! JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE DANNY DON'T MEAN HE'S A BAD GUY...N JUST BECAUSE HIS FIRST RESPONSE WAS MONEY MONEY MONEY DON'T MEAN THAT'S ALL HE'S ABOUT....AFTER ALL WHAT CONTESTANT ON ANY SHOW ISN'T IN IT FOR THE "MONEY" OR THE FAME.....IF YOU GOT IT FLAUNT IT... N HE'S APPARENTLY GOT IT OR HE WOULD NOT HAVE MADE TO #3.... CAN YOU SING? THOUGHT NOT, SO "TALK TO THE HAND" .....N CRAWL INTO YOUR LITTLE HOLES N ZIP IT.....WE LOVE YOU DANNY GOKEY.....DON'T LET THEM GET TO YOU.....YOU GOT WHAT IT TAKES....CAN'T WAIT FOR YOUR CD.....

Critic

Danny Gokey's 15 minutes are over after the AI summer tour. Dude is Taylor Hicks v2 man, not going anywhere. The guy who produces Daughtry's records even says so. Google it. He will never be an Adam Lambert. He will never be a Kris Allen. He needs to stop dressing exactly like Kris and just move on. I couldn't stand seeing his smug looks all throughout the AI season and glad he LOST. He will be forgotten after the summer tour, at least to the mainstream. He'll go into some christian rock genre where he may possibly have some success, but he's defo not going to be a Clarkson, Daughtry, Lambert or Allen. No way.

Critic

Interesting how gokey puts this link on his twitter and then comes back here and posts flattering comments to himself. L-O-S-E-R!!!! There's more to life than fame and fortune, which you're NEVER going to get anyway, so frickin' GROW UP. No one likes a fake-ass bitch, gokey!

ianaleah

I'm a glambert and I think Danny was cute here. And it is okay, Danny, I don't trust anyone who dosen't like money. They are idiots or lying.

ianaleah

So the whole Idol gang can get to feel what it is liked being hounded by paparazzi, and all the editing and the photobabbing the media plays with. It's all illusion, just like a personality's image for someone named Danny has been all along. But the important thing is, where are they staying and does it have a cafeteria in the lobby where I can park?

Stephanie

people need to lighten up, he was joking. Danny has said several times the real reason he's doing all of this. I would never ever want to be famous b/c people pick apart every little thing you say and interpret it wrong. most of what he's been doing since being off idol is raising money for his wife's foundation. and what's wrong with having money? as long is it doesn't control you. everyone who's written something on here wouldn't turn down money if it was given to them.

dst

Look what Danny does with money,help others, make the world a better place.Sophias heart foundation gives scholarships to students who have had hardships,helps pay medical expenses for children with heart surgeries,gives instruments to children who can not afford them in schools,helps with food and clothing for needy children,etc. and he just flew home to help support habitat for humanity.

Ryan W

OMG...Why bash Danny!...For one...WTH would ya want to do it for...Fame, Money,...WTH else?...I mean come on ya all...why do ya think ANYONE likes to be fame..Oh ya they just buy them cars, and ride in limos to help the envorment..and we NEVER dream of making more money...ya there fame...but there still people to...so grow up ya bashers..or stop making money and mail it to me, because your basiclly saying you dont want money...money is root of all in life...you say its not...OK..Take off All your cloths, and walk down sidewalk..cause ymoney paid for them cloths, and BTW your gonna need some money to pay that fine for being naked in public... HA!!!...So ya be a person, and have a dream!! OMG!! :) Danny make MONY and enjoy it ALL...you deserve it man!!!!!!

cairo

This is the first time in my life that I
have experienced such cruelty. What amazes me is that all the people who clain to hate Danny, are reading and commenting on these blogs. If it were Adam Lambert, I'm sure you would all be saying how funny it was that he said money ,money, money what a great personality he has. As far a TMZ goes it is another tabloid, looking for a story to make someone look bad. There would be no TMZ, if people didn't enjoy making others look bad. I would also like to know how many of have loved someone who has died, I'm sure you all have. When it was fresh in your minds and other refered to them as your DEAD love one, you would feel so much pain inside. As far a the person who wants his wife to come back so she can murder her and marry Danny need serious help. If I kknew how I would report her to the aurthorities, many people have been stalked and killed by people who sound just like her.

lisa

Gokey does not even deserve to go on Idol tour and maybe he should just bow out now that he is ahead with all his controversial remarks and actions! Can't stand him............

Lori

I absolutely can't believe how ridiculous people are. Grow up please! The fact that Danny made it as far as he did on American Idol says so much about his level of talent. Thousands upon thousands of people auditioned for Idol and he was - oh my gosh - number 3!! Wow - that sure means he is talentless! Additionally, go back and watch the character Danny shows on every episode of Idol. He didn't glamorize his situation or act conceited in any way, shape or form! And as for his comment - so what! Stop being such haters and find something better to do with your time!! Danny - if you read any of these blogs, which I am surprised I did (actually I've never submitted an entry to a blog but this one was just too upsetting for me) - I wish you the absolute best! You are one of the most talented men I have ever had the opportunity to witness! Actually, I am hoping that you do decide to go into the Christian genre as that is my favorite type of music. I have every song you ever sang on Idol and will follow your career far into the future I'm sure - look for me to be beating down the door to buy your first album! God bless you Danny - you are truly an inspiration!!

Beatka

Gokey--- WTF is he talking about. I cannot stand even looking at him. I feel bad for other idols, but I am not spending my money to pay for Idols tour.... and it is all because of Gokey. No class at all.B.

gjfkdls;a;s;skdkf

who frickin care? he was probably joking
and if he wasn't, so what, probably everyone on that show is in it for the money
I like Danny, and all the haters can just suck it

jess

I would PAY to see someone dig up some "ungodly" act of Gokey on camera!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3