« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Reporter Totally Chokes During MMA Interview

6/16/2009 4:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ever watch a pretty blonde chick ferociously choke out an unsuspecting male reporter until he passes out?!

Cris Cyborg Santos: Click to watch

Something must have really, really been lost in translation here -- cause after a question about her upcoming fight, female Brazilian MMA fighter Cris "Cyborg" Santos suddenly threw this reporter into one of the most devastating headlocks you've ever seen.

Dude eventually woke up ... but he didn't remember a damn thing.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Lara

There's no doubt that this reporter went unconscious. What's fake is the setup. He knew the choke was coming.

Only marry foreign women

American husbands are the best in the world; no other husbands are so generous to their wives, or can be so easily divorced.

Only marry foreign women

Is this line where I lose my children, eighteen years of income and 1/2 my sh1t, but get the marital debt and Order of Protection against me? Oh great. Look. The line's movin'.

Fuck michael vick

LET ME SAY I GET A BIG BONER WHEN I SEE A GUY BEAT A WOMENS ASS AND SEE IF U SING THAT SAME TUNE U BULLDIKE MAN HATERS WANT EQUALITY THEN START ACTING LIKE IT

Berto

That was not fake, he was out. Where's Gloria Allred?

Scott Green

This was a rear naked choke, not a "headlock". Chris Cyborg is married to a man, therefore not a lesbian as people have said. and thirdly, this was a very set up looking deal. It's an MMA reporter discussing MMA, on top of the fact that he never reached up to pull her arms away which would be your natural reaction if you had no idea you were going to be choked. He holds is arms down at his side, very set up.

matt

that could have have been very, very bad very quickly. and it was'nt over, either, he still likely has neck pain, dizziness, could have bruised his neck bone and muscles as well as his arteries

Ryoichi Morita

Then he said, "Wow ! That was the best sex I ever had."

matt

it was set up, however i do not believe he realized the seriousness of that kind of hold. he was truly out. if it was'nt set up, im sure he would have filed a criminal complaint, justifiably

Biff

This Woman Lesbo is a serious COWARD to attack & ferociously choke this guy from behind...She's a loser to pick on a guy who she knows can't defend himself....This Dumb Brazilian Lesbo, needs a serious SMACKDOWN....

hairspray

wy would she do that and be allowed to choke someone until they pass out? Thats quite disturbing and should never have been allowed, thats violence what makes it any different just because shes a girl? Doesnt make any sense at all to me.

Party 'till you die!

I'm also an instructor in close quarters martial arts and that was definitely not fake! I'm 6'2" and about 230#, but I know that if someone locks a good choke on you, you're out in seconds. That's what Brazillian Ju Jitsu and many of the other martial arts were designed to do-take out people much bigger and stronger (like people my size). Think of China, where the arts pretty much started and those people are generally not large, hulking people. I also have female students who have successfully defended themselves over the years and none of them are overly large or muscular. I have also been choked out by all of them during training, just as I allow my male students to do as well (they get to feel the same thing too).
It's also extremely difficult to get out of a choke once it has sunk in. I don't think this was a set up, but merely a good fighter going over the top to drive the point home. She's fortunate that the guy was an MMA reporter of some type, because he would have known what was going on and been relatively cool with what happened afterwards. Personally, if any of my students did an impromptu demo like that without the other person's consent, I would a long talk with them about it and mentioned words like 'lawsuit' and 'assault charges', but that's just me. I also absolutely demand without wavering that my students never engage in bullying or fight without just cause to defend themselves or others and strictly enforce this!
As for this upcoming fight, no doubt that it is going to be the biggest draw ever for two women fighting in MMA or boxing! I think this is really going to open up the doors for more women to compete and will erase many of the barriers about women being competent and exciting fighters! I'm not sure, but this fight may also allow for full 5 minute rounds instead of 3 minutes. Even if this doesn't happen here, expect to see women's fight being given the same rules and time frames as the men fighting. I think this is the right way to go too! I think Gina Carano is a wonderful icon for the sport and so is Cris Santos! I think that Gina might lose this fight unless she is having a great night, but even if she does, the rematch is going to be incredible and almost guaranteed to happen no matter who wins! I am really looking forward to this fight for many reasons! It's going to be an incredibe fight!

tarded

Hot damn!

Jaisson

That was staged..fake

Maggie

What an idoit she is!!!!!!!!!! Grow up!!